WHY?! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Animal Designs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:48 pm
Okay so first of all, I thought I should make a topic because this place is so dead. D:

Anyhow, why are people so non-Bowie appreciative? My friends are all like HAHAHA DAVID BOWIE, WHAT A LOSER. LISTEN TO BETTER MUSIC D<. Either that or they are like David who? WHY?! Nobody understands my fandom. D: People and their bad tastes. BAH.[/endrant]

Sorry I had to let that off lulz  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:02 am
I understand your fandom becuase I feel the same way. I hate how people are so lost in the crappy pop stars of today like Hannah Montana or The Jonas Brothers, when they don't even know of David Bowie, who is a music legend...or rather God.

I hate people who are so blind that they can't see or hear what good music, like Bowie, looks and sounds like.[/rant]

^^ I don't know why this place is so dead either! COME ON PEOPLE! PRAISE THE BO!

KIMBOwie

Is Dair
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:30 am
Yeah... Everyone just kinda up and left. But so far in my school, not a lot of people know who David Bowie is.. I'm not sure a lot of people have seen Labyrinth either. ._.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:18 pm
I am still somewhat here! I am here more often than most of you chumps, at the least. Perhaps with the exception of Crimson.

Anyhow, yes, I surround myself with yes-men and groupies, so obviously everyone I know loves me. If all of you are having this Bowie problem you should clearly find more cultured individuals to associate yourselves with.  

Thin W. Duke

Z. Stardust
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:17 pm
Atleast for me, I get a much more accepting crowd at my university. My friends all think I'm nuts (but I hate their music in return, so I guess it's all good. lol) But I do get positive comments whenever I wear a Bowie shirt. And in my experience, a great way to pick up members of the opposite sex. wink  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:18 pm
Crack baby crack

Better than having friends who think they're huge Bowie fans just because they've seen Labyrinth and heard a Best of... and they only did those because you're a fan... It's a bit annoying. XD At least your friends have opinions? smile

Show me you're real

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

the man from mars

Is Dair
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:23 am
Thin W. Duke
I am still somewhat here! I am here more often than most of you chumps, at the least. Perhaps with the exception of Crimson.

Anyhow, yes, I surround myself with yes-men and groupies, so obviously everyone I know loves me. If all of you are having this Bowie problem you should clearly find more cultured individuals to associate yourselves with.
Actually, I've rarely been here since this guild died. Since then, I've grown stubble, and shot up a foot.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:17 pm
Darth Crimson Dragan
Thin W. Duke

Actually, I've rarely been here since this guild died. Since then, I've grown stubble, and shot up a foot.
So I have heard. What did you do that for?  

Thin W. Duke

Is Dair
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:23 pm
Thin W. Duke
Darth Crimson Dragan
Thin W. Duke

So I have heard. What did you do that for?
What? Grow stubble? Stubble looks cool.
Grow twelve inches? Uhmm... Course of Nature?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:59 pm
Because they're jealous of our good music taste. D: <

Little-Missy-Moo

frakalicious

6,850 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:14 pm
Most of my friends simply say stuff like "I can't believe you. David Bowie?!". However, they know that their obsessions rival mine, and keep quiet about their opinions. They all have been forced sat down to watch Labyrinth, though.
My mother and father constantly make fun of me, though. It makes me sad inside. Just a month ago, I wanted to rent The Man Who Fell to Earth. When I informed my mother of this, she said, in a sing song voice:
"Oh. The Man Who Fell to Earth, huh? With Day-vid Bo-wie."
To which I replied, "I don't tease you for liking that Sinatra-wannabe Michael Buble, so you hush up about David Bowie, madre."
Which did shut her up, and got me free acess to her car, to scrounge for change so I could afford the rental.
biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:10 pm
zen stereo
Most of my friends simply say stuff like "I can't believe you. David Bowie?!". However, they know that their obsessions rival mine, and keep quiet about their opinions. They all have been forced sat down to watch Labyrinth, though.
My mother and father constantly make fun of me, though. It makes me sad inside. Just a month ago, I wanted to rent The Man Who Fell to Earth. When I informed my mother of this, she said, in a sing song voice:
"Oh. The Man Who Fell to Earth, huh? With Day-vid Bo-wie."
To which I replied, "I don't tease you for liking that Sinatra-wannabe Michael Buble, so you hush up about David Bowie, madre."
Which did shut her up, and got me free acess to her car, to scrounge for change so I could afford the rental.
biggrin
That's such a weird movie.  

Is Dair
Crew

frakalicious

6,850 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:10 pm
Darth Crimson Dragan

It really is. I forgive its weirdness, though, because Bowie is gorgeous in it. Really, really, gorgeous.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:45 pm
zen stereo
Darth Crimson Dragan

It really is. I forgive its weirdness, though, because Bowie is gorgeous in it. Really, really, gorgeous.

And NAKED.

Though that hardly needs to be said. I love the story (although Walter Tevis isn't all that great of a writer), but ALACK THE DAY that Rip Torn saves the world. xp

But it's still got such a depressing ending.  

The_Great_White_Snark

frakalicious

6,850 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:38 pm
The_Great_White_Snark
zen stereo
Darth Crimson Dragan

And NAKED.

Though that hardly needs to be said. I love the story (although Walter Tevis isn't all that great of a writer), but ALACK THE DAY that Rip Torn saves the world. xp

But it's still got such a depressing ending.

Actually, the naked part was a bit of a let-down, if only because he's so terribly skinny...But yes, David Bowie naked is always a good thing.
The best part of it, for me personally, is when he licks the revolver barrel. Ooh, I got shivers. :3

I hav been searching everywhere for the story! Is it under a different title? Because all that comes up under Walter Tevis are books about con men and such.

I feel so sad at the end of the movie...  
The First United Church of Bowie

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff