Welcome to Gaia! ::

Children of the Night

Back to Guilds

A role playing guild with discussions about games and other things! 

Tags: Legend of Zelda, Escaflowne, Castlevania, Inuyasha, Vampire Hunter D 

Reply Retired Threads
Nocturne in the Moonlight Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this ok ?
  Yes
  No
View Results

SomaCruz-darklord
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:24 am
Hi! This is just me writing a trial piece for a new RP for everyone to join in and have fun. It's basically that idea I posted on the 'Please hear me out' thread (hope you all liked the cookies) anyway, I'll just start a bit here, then if its ok, everyone can join in.

Here goes...

The museum was growing peaceful in the afternoon. The warm glow of the evening sun shone through the large ornate windows, creating sparkles from dust motes that were suspended in the air. The noise and bustle had quietened now. In 2035, it was rare to find the museum so populated as it had been today.
Sitting alone on a couch in the museum lobby, Soma reflected on this as he looked up from his random notes scrawled onto his notebook. The refreshing silence was certainly a change from earlier that day, when the new exhibits had first been shown to the public.
My research is almost done for those papers I have to write...Soma mused, tucking the notepad away into his coat. However, I want to research those new findings that were brought in today for my own reasons.
He got up and made his way to the main auditorium,just down the hall and to the left. Pushing the door open, he gazed around the dusty, dimly lit room. Beyond the red felt ropes that restricted civilian access, there were ornate coffins, ancient weapons, and old fabrics, all obtained from a recent discovery in Europe.
A heavy hand fell upon Soma's shoulder, causing him to gasp and turn around.
"What are you doing here, young man?" The owner of the hand asked. Soma had been discovered by the museum curator.
"N-Nothing, I er, was just leaving." Soma stammered, trying to get past the curator, who kept a firm but gentle grip on his shoulder.
"Curiosity got the better of you?" The curator smiled, " I don't remeber seeing you in the earlier exhibition."
"You're right, I wasn't." Soma responded, "I wanted to ask--Where exactly do all of these items come from in Europe?"
"They were excavated in the ruins of a castle, rumoured to be the residence of the Dark Lord himself, Dracula, if you believe in such things, otherwise it was a find from an ancient castle, with ties to many ancient wars, or so the tomes we recovered say." The curator explained.
"I see.." Soma replied, growing uneasy with the exhibit.

Ok, that was just the starter bit to set things up. Concrit is welcome. Anyone and everyone can add to this once it's been given the all clear by Draculas-Mistress.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:17 am
Other people passed by the new exhibit. They act as if they've never been to a museum before. But then again nothing like this has ever been uncovered.

Meanwhile in an alternate almost dream like world, one of the coffins is waiting to be awakened. Being a vampire, they should like to be in a coffin. But this was very different. After being sealed away by her captor...there was only one place to be sealed away. Hell. They had been there for thousands of years. Desperately trying to find a way to get out.  

Draculas-Mistress
Captain

9,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SomaCruz-darklord
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:17 am
{Can anyone think of a title for this RP?}
Soma let himself be led away from the exhibit by the curator. He couldn't help but notice how wisened and old the curator was in appearance, something about him made Soma feel uneasy.
"The atrifacts are being moved from the auditorium to their designated exhibition area. That way they shall be open for the public to view them." The curator explained. Soma nodded in acknowledgement.
"Where are they being moved to?" Soma then asked.
" The East wing of the museum, where all new and rare artifacts are displayed." the curator replied as they walked back to the lobby. He then took a leaflet from the main reception desk and handed it to Soma. "There you go."
Soma accepted the leaflet. Opening it up he saw that it was a map, detailing the floor plan and exhibits contained within the museum.
"What made you think I was interested in seeing---?" Soma began to ask as he looked up from the map, only to find the curator was now gone. he looked around.
Whoa...for an old guy he sure moves fast...Soma noted to himself. He then checked his watch. It was 4.30pm, the museum closed at 5.00pm. He looked back down the corridor to the auditorium, and saw the museum workers moving the coffins and valuables to their next resting place.
Nothing to do but wait, I guess...Soma concluded. I'll hide and wait for the museum to close, then I'll be free to examine the exhibit for myself without that guy interrupting me...
Soma walked back down the corridor, past the auditorium and turned right into a darker corridor, where the daylight couldn't reach. He used his Power of Dominance to transform into a bat, hid up in the wooden beams of the corridor, and waited for the museum to close.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:24 am
The museum workers set the coffins down carefully. They finished moving everything and went to go clock out.

As they were trying to find a way out, they were also contemplating revenge. They hated it down there. Some haven't even done anything. They were just innocent bi standers. One of them was particularly angry. They had been beaten neumorous times by the one that had sealed them there.

{Uh...I can try and think of something}  

Draculas-Mistress
Captain

9,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SomaCruz-darklord
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:44 am
{thanks!}

Soma awoke from his doze as he heard the resounding echo of the front doors to the museum closing, and the turn of the key in the locks to the doors.
Finally...
He swooped down from the ceiling, transforming back into human form and opened the leaflet/map. He found the plan of the East wing, and followed the route laid out in the map to reach it.
He stepped into the room where the exhibits were laid out. There was an eerie silence within there.
He walked up close to the coffins, and a statue of a knight.
I wonder...Did these things truly come from Dracula's castle? I thought there would be nothing left, his Castle was occupied centuries ago.
Distracted in his thoughts, Soma placed his hand onto the nearest casket, he looked down to see the casket had elaborate engravings that were indistinguishable at first, but at his touch the coffin seemed to be losing the wear that it had suffered though time. The inscription began to become visible, he focused on the engraving:
"Belmont?" Soma read aloud.
he stepped away from the casket, but stumbled against the staged steps that presented the exhibits on raised platforms. He lashed out to steady himself, causing his left hand to grip onto another casket. The same effect as before transpired.
"Oh crap!" Soma cursed, he saw the visible inscription. "Dreamis?" Soma was becoming perplexed "Who were these people? What the hell is going on here?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:47 am
{which belmont is it?
Soma! we posted at the same time! now your post has eaten mine! blaugh }  

Black-Order-Exorcist

Draculas-Mistress
Captain

9,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:52 am
All of a sudden a light enveloped one of the trapped ones. "What's going on?" she asked. She stood up and looked at her hands. It looks like they were turning into mist and disappearing. Her eyes widened. She looked at the others and they just looked back, awe struck. She stuck her arm out as one of them ran to her, but he got there too late. She was already gone.

Dreamis appeared back in the coffin. At first she had no idea where she was. She looked around and realized she was in her coffin. She put her hands on the lid and lifted it up. She sat up and pulled the steak out of her chest.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:53 am
Hello everyone.
This is that Idea you were talking about a few days ago isnt it Soma?
could I join in?

0Richter-Belmont0

Draculas-Mistress
Captain

9,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:55 am
I think that Leon is the statue and Richter you're in the coffin that has just been touched. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:58 am
Draculas-Mistress
I think that Leon is the statue and Richter you're in the coffin that has just been touched. 3nodding

I see, thank you. smile  

0Richter-Belmont0

SomaCruz-darklord
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:00 pm
xLeon Belmontx
{which belmont is it?
Soma! we posted at the same time! now your post has eaten mine! blaugh }

my bad! sweatdrop sorry!

{as for a title, how about calling it the Minuet of Dawn? Its the Japanese name for Aria of Sorrow. Or Nocturne in the Moonlight (Japanese SoTN) Those titles sounded really nice, I'm lacking any more originality today! blaugh }  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:02 pm
Draculas-Mistress

{cool, thanks for the help. I'll have to post tomorrow, I'm off to work in a bit, oh joy rolleyes but hey, I'll see you all tomorrow mkay?
bye for now guys wink }  

Black-Order-Exorcist

Draculas-Mistress
Captain

9,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:05 pm
Bye Leon! I like those names. But I shall surprise you. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:19 pm
SomaCruz-darklord
{thanks!}

Soma awoke from his doze as he heard the resounding echo of the front doors to the museum closing, and the turn of the key in the locks to the doors.
Finally...
He swooped down from the ceiling, transforming back into human form and opened the leaflet/map. He found the plan of the East wing, and followed the route laid out in the map to reach it.
He stepped into the room where the exhibits were laid out. There was an eerie silence within there.
He walked up close to the coffins, and a statue of a knight.
I wonder...Did these things truly come from Dracula's castle? I thought there would be nothing left, his Castle was occupied centuries ago.
Distracted in his thoughts, Soma placed his hand onto the nearest casket, he looked down to see the casket had elaborate engravings that were indistinguishable at first, but at his touch the coffin seemed to be losing the wear that it had suffered though time. The inscription began to become visible, he focused on the engraving:
"Belmont?" Soma read aloud.
he stepped away from the casket, but stumbled against the staged steps that presented the exhibits on raised platforms. He lashed out to steady himself, causing his left hand to grip onto another casket. The same effect as before transpired.
"Oh crap!" Soma cursed, he saw the visible inscription. "Dreamis?" Soma was becoming perplexed "Who were these people? What the hell is going on here?"

The corpse awoke to a perplexing stillness. The ensorcelled coffin had ensured that ragged flesh had regenerated around the body, binding itself to the enduring bones that remained. This renewed mass had easily filled out the once sunken clothes, and new hair grew and reattatched itself to the old scalp, becoming new and alive.
The eyes rolled forward as the lids lifted, a single intake of air sent a convulsive motion down the reanimated body. With a clumsy shove, the coffin lid was forced open and sent clattering onto the floor. Disorientated, the Belmont sat up, sweeping a wayward bit of hair out of his face. Through his blighted but steadily regenerating vision, he saw a figure all in white edging away from his position.

0Richter-Belmont0

Retired Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces