Accept! That's romantic! 8D
  Turn him down, if he knows Niora, then he's a stalker. D<
  WOW, you have an interesting situation there. xD
View Results

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:16 pm
This guy I know asked me out in Niora. O_o

I don't know what to do!!! AH!!! I turned him down. (Mainly because I've known him for three years and he is still only an acquaintance.)

But it was rather exciting to see he knew a little Niora. xD

Ahem, so anyway:

Has anyone ever spoken in your conlang to you without you previously knowing that they knew how to speak it?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:56 pm
Honestly, I think that's pretty freakin' amazing. D;

But, do you actually like him? Or just so excited that he knows a bit of Niora? xD

Kalathma

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:26 pm
Kalathma
Honestly, I think that's pretty freakin' amazing. D;

But, do you actually like him? Or just so excited that he knows a bit of Niora? xD

Honestly...
He's only an acquaintance. But the Niora bit is quite exciting. 8D

I already turned him down, but we're still friends. I suspect things may be a bit awkward for a while, though. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:38 pm
lol my girl friend kind of asked me out in German, but thats not the same I suppose  

Shen Trey

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:24 pm
xd

If someone asked me out in one of my conlangs, I'd be ALL OVER HIM.

But that's not likely to happen, as I bear a strong resemblance to Cthulhu. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:31 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast
xd

If someone asked me out in one of my conlangs, I'd be ALL OVER HIM.

But that's not likely to happen, as I bear a strong resemblance to Cthulhu. gonk
how old are you anyway? .... not like anyone needs a partner until later in life anyways lol (I am graduating high school at seventeen and getting my bachelors by nineteen or a bit before twenty, making it easier to get my masters before thirty LOL)  

Shen Trey

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:40 pm
I'm eighteen.

I started college at sixteen, by the way. I'm in my second year there. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:42 pm
im in my second year of college and im only sixteen 0.0 (I was in eleventh grade by fifteen and took post secondary, I am now sixteen and am finishing my second year of post secondary, next year will be my last free year of college crying then I have to pay for my bachelors year or two then I get to go and finish up some crap for my masters I guess) but heck you are so old enough lol (I am sixteen and already going to ask someone to marry me, though its mostly to get her away from her mother and rather...abusive llife  

Shen Trey

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:11 pm
Where I am, college is only free during the equivalents of eleventh and twelfth grades. I probably would have gone earlier if it had been free then. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:24 am
Eccentric Iconoclast
Where I am, college is only free during the equivalents of eleventh and twelfth grades. I probably would have gone earlier if it had been free then. wink
my parents forced me to come and I just happened to be lucky enough to pass the entry exam lol  

Shen Trey

Xeigrich
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:30 am
The most anyone has ever said to me in one of my conlangs without me knowing or telling them beforehand is just a phrase or two from a conlang's lesson thread. It's still cool when it happens. It's always cooler for someome to naturally take interest in someting of yours, rather than having to introduce them and have them begrudgingly learn a phrase or two (or wonder if they really do like it like they're saying they do).

The most anyone would be able to say (in that context) is "I like you" regardless of the conlang. None of them have advanced enough vocabulary to ask someone out, or even say "Would you like to have dinner sometime?"

And as to the current off-topic discussion: holy crap. I could have taken a couple of college-level courses at the local community college when I was a senior, but I still would have had to pay full tuition and books, find my own transportation between campuses, etc. I'm "finishing up" my second year of traditional uni, and I'm calling it quits. This college stuff is BS (no pun intended) and I'd rather go to a cheap vocational school and just get straight up job training.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:03 pm
Okay, for starters, that's amazing, even if you turned him down. If a guy asked me out in my conlang, or any language that I understood other than English, I would, as long as he was an okay guy, say yes. But then again, relationships like that are all drama till like 20-something, so I don't blame you.

On a side note, I feel less smart now, because I'm 16 and a junior in high school, though I have taken a couple college-level classes at a local school. Of course, they're all basic-level sweatdrop

All I can say about all of this is "wow"!  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

JeSuisMustapha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:41 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast
It is the same deal where I live. I applied for PSEO next year, and if I get in, it will be my freshman year of college while I'm still a Junior in High School.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:35 pm
JeSuisMustapha
Eccentric Iconoclast
It is the same deal where I live. I applied for PSEO next year, and if I get in, it will be my freshman year of college while I'm still a Junior in High School.

You in Minnesota too? :p  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Shen Trey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:18 am
Eccentric Iconoclast
JeSuisMustapha
Eccentric Iconoclast

You in Minnesota too? :p
im in MN 0.o ...creepy... though I skipped sixth grade thats how I did it lol. and I passed the entry exam  
The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff