[PRP] An Apology? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:40 pm
"I'm sure it is, as well. I heard that ruffians only live alone, because no other place will accept them. But then, there might be lions that prefer living on their own. I almost would, but I adore my family too much to permanently leave their side. Otherwise I might have become a rogue myself." That kind of life was not for her, though. She was quite the pampered young lioness, and refusing to hunt for herself did not even hurt her. There were other members in the pride that would hunt for her, so long as she did her share at another job. That was the benefit of being a pride, she always had someone to fall back on if she was in trouble. Her family, above all, would aid her if she found difficulty in living on her own. Of course, she'd never move back in with them. Once Ghali achieved her independence, she was sticking with it.

She listened to his story with intent ears, and she even seemed mildly impressed that he had taken a trip to the roguelands all on his own. Now, that was impressive, especially considering she had never dared to do such a thing. "Hopefully they're as docile a neighbor as we are." She dipped her head slightly, blue eyes still fixed on his face, always silently observing and measuring him. Perhaps there was not a minute that he was not under her scrutiny.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:50 pm
"I'd say we'd be especially lucky if all the unwanted lions didn't group together themselves," he commented thoughtfully, looking past Ghali for a moment as he considered the idea. Perhaps it would be good in that they would keep each other out of the way of the gentler lions, but then it could be bad if they decided to do anything- there was strength in numbers, but he doubted anyone could beat the Pridelands for that! He also didn't want to imagine that Kiwi had ended up in such a group of lions, had she really gone out into the roguelands.

"She seemed friendly enough, not at all like she would fit in with a dark group," he said optimistically, "It's almost too bad I didn't meet too many lions while I was out, more friendly lions isn't as exciting as it could have been." But then, perhaps he was just asking for trouble if he tried to go out again. Nerit had been interesting enough, describing some of her pride to him. Aadil had been friendly, but their meeting had been short. And he never did find Kiwi.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:07 pm
She barely repressed a shudder at the thought of all the rogue lions coming together to form a pride. That could be a disaster for some of the smaller prides if such a large group of nasty lions wanted to take over more fertile land. "I think with how antisocial most of them likely are, they wouldn't band together and form a pride. They'd likely kill themselves off if they even tried to form a pride together." Well, that was as good a theory as any. Ghali personally couldn't picture them forming together, so it wouldn't so much be luck that saved many prides from being taken over by a band of rogues. It was a scary enough idea, but entirely improbable. If rogues liked being part of a pride, they would already be in one. They wouldn't form their own with a bunch of other rogues if they were all brutish. It would only be a breeding ground for chaos and madness.

"Well, I guess not every rogue can be brutal and mean. Some are genuinely kind, and probably just have not found their destined home." She arched an eyebrow at his next statement, and with a soft chuckle she shook her head in possibly disbelief. "You're strange, wanting to go out into the roguelands to meet less companionable lions. It may be exciting, but it's dangerous. It makes you seem... thick-headed and fearless." Of course, she'd prefer to call it 'stupid', but he might take that too personally.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:14 pm
Riko realized he was getting a little too brave with his commentary, though he did notice as well that she was being rather kind about calling him stupid. All he had to do was take it with good humor and hopefully he wouldn't come off like the a** he had before. Instead he managed a laugh, resisting the 'thick-headed' comment by countering it with fearless. Fearless wasn't necessarily a bad thing, so it softened the blow to his ego.

"What's life without a bit of excitement?" he asked with a smile, going to far as to deny some of his stupidity to show he knew what she was implying, "I might be curious, if not a bit daring- but I'm not stupid enough to outright ask for trouble. Perhaps quirky strangers, rather than outright dangerous.."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:36 am
Ghali did not believe that he was being too brave in his commentary, per say. She liked that he was slowly coming out of the box that she had pushed him into from their previous meeting. Sure, it was risking her anger and dislike by saying such things, but not taking any risks would not get anyone anywhere with Ghali. The blue lioness was hard to get along with, which was she had such a selective group of friends compared to her sister. But, once a lion became her friend, they remained her friend throughout her life. Ghali would not be quick to abandon them, even if they did something stupid. She could be angry for a few hours or even a few days, but eventually she'd come around and make up with whomever had wronged her. That was what the status of 'friend' gave lions who associated with Ghali, her undying loyalty (though that loyalty would seem faulty at times).

"A life that's rather dull. But that kind of excitement might be going a little far when it comes to risks. I say purposefully meeting potentially dangerous rogues is like swimming in a pool of crocodiles. Not quite the best choice to make." A chuckle was roused out of her, which showed again that she wasn't intentionally being mean to Riko. She was just making conversation, and if he didn't like it then she would gladly just get up and leave. "Even quirky strangers can be dangerous. If you do go out into the roguelands, I think it'd be wise to be a little more careful. Not every lion will be nice to you."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:25 pm
Riko was pleased enough to hear a chuckle from Ghali, it made the conversation really seem less one sided. Commenting was one thing, but laughter was more of a sign that perhaps she was actually paying attention to more than just the superficial level of what was said. He couldn't help but grin at her advice to him about it, and he shook his mane a bit before responding.

"I'm better off than someone naive to the dangers, cautious exploration is better than being too friendly with everybody you happen across," he explained, thinking again about Kiwi because the pair of them did rather contrast despite how well they got along, "And it's better than hiding away from the world. Maybe there's a balance between the dull life and swimming with crocs that I haven't found yet."

He was young, he had some right to make foolish choices and learn from them. He was learning, just not from the biggest mistakes he'd been making- he barely even realized those ones.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:55 pm
It was definitely a good sign for Riko that he had earned that chuckle out of Ghali. It meant that he was one step closer to earning her trust, and even more, her friendship. How much further he'd get, though, was undeterminable. He still had to be careful around her, had to watch her and gauge her reactions to what he said. It would be all too easy for Riko to shatter what little trust she had in him. He had proven to be an idiot before when he had first angered her, and he could just as easily do it again. Ghali was on a look out for that. One mistake and she would know that he was playing her, and not really honest about his intentions to apologize to her. It could easily escalate into a fight if Riko so much as dared to earn her trust and break it quickly. Caution had to be exercised, but if too much caution was exercised then he ran the risk of being boring. He had to find a happy medium.

"I have to admit that you are better off than most, having already travelled in the roguelands. But, I still think it risky to go approach strangers that you have no idea what their background is." She gave him the point that he was not naive, but she still pointed out that she would think him stupid for meeting random people. Dangerous lions did not always seem dangerous, anyways. "There is a balance, you just have to give it time and find it. There's no use in being impatient and getting yourself hurt. Things will come in time." Well, she certainly could be wise when she wanted to.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:27 pm
"How did you get so smart?" he joked at her, still grinning and daring to be more himself now as things seemed to lighten up. He couldn't see the harm in joking, if one was careful about it anyway. Complete lack of a sense of humor was rather unattractive in even just someone you'd only speak to the once. Riko meant to be taking a jab at how she'd never gone to the roguelands, and with a smile he tried to keep it good natured.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:41 pm
"I spent my time learning instead of roving about in the roguelands," she replied, her tone light and almost airy. She was definitely teasing him back, setting a more playful and relaxed atmosphere. He was beating past her defenses, worming his way into her heart. It was a fast-forming friendship, built up on the small amount of trust she had in the other and because she found that she did like Riko. He wasn't too bad, especially considering that he had made her so upset earlier. In fact, the distant memories she had of meeting him the first time were becoming entirely unimportant. She was judging him now on what he showed to her, and he showed nothing but politeness and a bit of a fun attitude.

She glanced back to the sky, frowning when she realized how much farther up the sun had risen. "I should really start looking for a den. I'd invite you along, but I'd imagine it would be boring." She smiled weakly, not looking terribly enthused about looking for a den. But already she was turning away from him, getting ready to head off on her search. "Well, good bye, Mafuriko. Perhaps I'll see you later?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:52 pm
Riko chuckled at her answer. That was one way to look at it, though he couldn't say he'd spent all of his time wandering around the roguelands, it was more recent than anything- but very little of his time went into actual learning.

"I suppose you've got me there," Riko said, letting her win that point without even thinking about it that time. He was startled when she suddenly looked away and said she was going to go look for a den, and at first he only nodded and smiled a goodbye at her. Once she turned away, though, he decided there was no harm in tagging along and he followed after her.

Fin!  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items