Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.
What's YOUR Opinion On The Disney Anime? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nakano Broadway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:08 pm
Well, I don't know. My opinion on Disney is that they should stop trying to take over every form of media in the world. Think about it - they've gone a bit overboard with both CG and live action lately. While a few of these films have been good (or great - PoTC), most of them (CGs in particular) have been rather mediocre.

I would really like to see Disney do more movies in the original Disney style - movies as fresh as the movies we saw when we were kids. These days, it seems like Disney has discarded their traditional animation for all but crappy sequels. Which sucks, because most of the old movies like Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin were amazing.

Their foray into CG was largely unsuccessful - can anyone say: 'leave it to Pixar, please' - and I don't see why their anime would be any better. Nevertheless, if we have Japanese studios like Madhouse being largely responsible for these new projects, they could be ok.

I suppose I'll have to wait and see. I wish they'd chosen more desirable ideas, though. It's not that I would reject these projects because they come from Disney, but not even Madhouse could get me to watch anything related to Lilo and Stitch. confused And really...more robots? Why is it always robots?

Ah well. I'll take your word on the animation quality of Fireball, and hope that it has a plot to match.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:47 am
Disney want to expand to the Japanese market, and who can blame them? Disney anime will probably end up becoming popular across Asia, so their profits are sure to soar. They've pretty much left it to the Japanese to produce high quality anime and slap their logo on it. CG or not, they aim to do a good job. I really don't see why people believe CG requires less skill or effort than drawing either.

I'd like to have a stronger opinion on the decline in the quality of Disney's animated films, but over the course of the 2000's I've become too old to watch them. The Incredibles (which was co-produced with Pixar) was the last animated Disney film I saw at the cinema; I thought the animation was great and the jokes were quite funny, and I could certainly see its appeal to children. Since then, Ratatouille came out and won an Oscar (I didn't see it, but I assume it must have been a good film), Cars got great reviews, and Enchanted, which features some animated elements, was highly acclaimed too. From that, I can only assume Disney are still making great films. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

Disney are simply moving with the times. Why shouldn't the world's biggest producer of animated kid's films move on to the next generation of technology? Someone has to. Sure, pre-1995 we enjoyed a cerain style of animation, but now it's time to adopt a brand new style. Cartoons were once black and white, now they're being made on computers. To be honest, I'm leaving it to the current generation of kids to decide what makes a good kid's film.

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Undignified Indiana Joans
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:18 am
Cheremy LeBeau

Disney are simply moving with the times. Why shouldn't the world's biggest producer of animated kid's films move on to the next generation of technology? Someone has to. Sure, pre-1995 we enjoyed a cerain style of animation, but now it's time to adopt a brand new style. Cartoons were once black and white, now they're being made on computers. To be honest, I'm leaving it to the current generation of kids to decide what makes a good kid's film.

I love you for this. You basically said everything I've been wanting to! ;0; <3  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:37 am
Thanks (^___^) It's true though, right? I mean, I'm not taking away anyone's right to watch, enjoy or dislike these cartoons, but it's not up to us to say how they should be made unless they're aimed at us, or if we're the ones making them.  

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:49 am
Very true.

I get sick of seeing older kids around my age (usually juniors and seniors in highschool) talking crap about Disney. I'm like, well, you're not the age group it's aimed at anymore, so why should you be whining? It wasn't made to entertain someone your age.

I can't stand it when they don't realize it's something they've outgrown and moved away from, so instead of thinking about that, they just bash Disney for what's technically not Disney's fault. Yes, Disney has had slip-ups and flops, but I think we can all agree that if it's really as bad some people make it out to be, it probably wouldn't be in existence anymore.

(I probably messed up my wording, I was typing really fast xD; )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:16 am
Not at all, made perfect sense to me :3

I can understand the longing for people our age to watch a Disney film and have it evoke the same emotions and feelings Disney films did when we were children. But, in essence, that proves your point. We've grown out of kid's films and we'll never enjoy new releases in the same way.

The way I see it, we have seventy decades worth of classics to enjoy, and in a few years time we'll enjoy new Disney films all over again when we watch them with our own kids.

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:51 am
Yeah, it's understandable when they don't realize. I just get kinda miffed with the ones that do, but just disregard it and Disney hate on anyways D:

"Didn't you know, DESU ANIME BETTER THAN ANYTHING AMERICAN DESU DESU."

^I smack people that give me that sort of response.

If I must be honest, I still love watching Disney movies, I'm not ashamed, there's something about them I just find really charming and sweet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:58 am
People our age speak like that!? Σ(O_O;) No wonder they still watch kid's films XD

I totally still love Disney's older stuff. It's been a while since I actually saw a Disney film, but I'll new grow too old to enjoy them. I remember being OBSESSED with The Lion King when I as fourteen. I used to watch it every day XD

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:02 am
Yeees,. sadly there are people that are mid-teen and older that still talk like that ._.

The Loin King was my favorite too! x3 Along with 101 Dalmations and the Hunchback of Notre Dame :3 I don't think anyone's ever too old to enjoy Disney in some way shape or form, it's a matter of if they're going to allow themselves the pleasure or not xDDD.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:13 am
That's why adults can get the same enjoyment out of them. Although, the adults who enjoy them the most are probably the ones who make them. Hehe. I remember I had a thing for "Hercules" too. I could recite the ENTIRE film word for word without the film to prompt me. That's kinda insane when I look back at it XD  

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:31 am
xDD!!! I was that way with Cat's Don't Dance!!!! xD! Though, that wasn't Disney.

I rather enjoyed Hercules too! I remember when it came out I was craaazy over it....now I want to watch it...I wonder if MerMer has it..../rumages/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:38 am
I have a way with getting overly obsessed with a single thing at a time (x___X;; )

I'm also in the mood for a bit of Hercules now, or at least a classic Disney film.

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:42 am
Awww, I do too (I've had people stop being friends with me because of it ^^''' )

Hehee, I found her VHS of it, I'm so watching it later tonight :3  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:45 am
Luuucky! My copy is in the loft...I don't think my tired brain wants to travel that far XD Hmph, they must've been mean friends!  

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:03 am
Cheremy LeBeau
Luuucky! My copy is in the loft...I don't think my tired brain wants to travel that far XD Hmph, they must've been mean friends!

xD!!! I only had to walk the length of the room the bookcase

Mmm. I've been told I have the worst luck at making friends. I could write you a good long rant on it.  
T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff