Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.
What's YOUR Opinion On The Disney Anime? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:13 pm
Muffin Revolution Queen

Oh god how did i know it would be about a robot D:
And anime lilo and stitch oh god just shoot me D:

ditto u_u  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:50 am
thestarthatshines
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

so, it doesn't look like just one anime - more like a whole slew of them. I predict a lot of horrible films coming out soon. . . .

It's like the apocalypse or something. O_o;

After reading that article, I REALLY can't understand what everybody has against Disney for making this film? It's going to be made in Japan by Japanese animators and will probably be co-written with Japanese writers as well. My only concern (that I stated in my first post) was that Disney might ignore the significance of Japanese culture in anime, but it's clear from the BBC article that I have nothing to worry about in that area. This film will be about as Japanese as anything else made in Japan, it's only being funded by an American company. So why hold a grudge on a film that hasn't even been made yet purely because it's being produced by Disney?

Oh, and might I also remind you guys, Disney just won yet another Oscar... ( ̄~ ̄;)

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Undignified Indiana Joans
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:12 am
Cheremy LeBeau
thestarthatshines
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

so, it doesn't look like just one anime - more like a whole slew of them. I predict a lot of horrible films coming out soon. . . .

After reading that article, I REALLY can't understand what everybody has against Disney for making this film? It's going to be made in Japan by Japanese animators and will probably be co-written with Japanese writers as well. My only concern (that I stated in my first post) was that Disney might ignore the significance of Japanese culture in anime, but it's clear from the BBC article that I have nothing to worry about in that area. This film will be about as Japanese as anything else made in Japan, it's only being funded by an American company. So why hold a grudge on a film that hasn't even been made yet purely because it's being produced by Disney?

Oh, and might I also remind you guys, Disney just won yet another Oscar... ( ̄~ ̄;)

THANK YOU CHER!!!! You rock for this. Besides, [ this will be ignored, i know =_=] but Disney isn't so bad, i can't see why everyone's whining and bitching like small children. It's not going to kill you if they make it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:28 am
I'm sinking now, sinking now, sinking now.
And i'm opening the window as if to look out...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
same xDDD just for the utter lol factor xDD

I'm screaming now, screaming now, screaming now.
And the far distant star continues to swirl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Stars Shining Out

Dusttee

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:42 am
~Katsumi_Himura~
Cheremy LeBeau
thestarthatshines
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

THANK YOU CHER!!!! You rock for this. Besides, [ this will be ignored, i know =_=] but Disney isn't so bad, i can't see why everyone's whining and bitching like small children. It's not going to kill you if they make it.

Precisely, and people should take note of that fact. Disney aren't known for creating films in which "pink bunnies" dance around in "green lycra", they're known for capturing the essence of American culture and the beauty of animation.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:19 pm
User Image

No.....They are known for butchering classic stories for profit with the subtlety of a chainsaw through Jello. See: The Emperors New Groove, Any sequel they have done.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY MetallicA !!!

metalmariogc
Vice Captain

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:18 pm
metalmariogc
User Image

No.....They are known for butchering classic stories for profit with the subtlety of a chainsaw through Jello. See: The Emperors New Groove, Any sequel they have done.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY MetallicA !!!

that's why I hate Disney.

I'm mostly just being stupid actually. They do produce Miyazaki's films in america, so. . .  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:12 pm
Well, exactly, they DO produce Miyazaki's films in America and most other Studio Ghibli films as well, so you're just contadicting yourself.

&Metal, The Emporers New Groove was ONE film. Not only that, it was a film that you didn't personally enjoy that also [correct me if I'm wrong] you were too old to watch anyway when it was released. You can't possibly judge Disney on that.

You know, for people who flame ignorant Westerners for shunning anime, you guys sure seem to know how to ignorantly shun animation yourselves. Do I hear the pot calling the kettle black? :/

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:55 pm
I don't flame people for shunning anime, I could care less actually.

and I'm not really flaming Disney either, I just don't particularly care for many of the movies they've produced. Since reading the article I'm ok with it - the only thing I'm abject to actually is the japanese version of Lilo and Stitch - which while it has the potential to be interesting, makes me want to hurl. I've just never been a fan of remakes, in my opinion, they're never as good as the original, I could be wrong though, who knows?
I was only messing around before because someone said disney was making an anime, no specifics. We were merely speculating what could happen if they DID write it, but since they're not - not much of a problem anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:50 pm
Could some one please tell me why in the h*** it's so freaking offensive for Disney to make children's movies?! You guys are acting like it's a freaking crime! Get over it, you're not a kid, so you have no right to complain when the freaking films aren't even aimed at your age group.  

Undignified Indiana Joans
Crew

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:41 am
I complain because I do still watch children's movies, and appreciate a good one, and one that flops. that's all, I'm dropping the subject now, ok?

hey cher, I quoted you in my article for my journalism class, I hope you don't mind? If you do just tell me and I'll take it out.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:09 am
Haha, really?! What did you quote me saying? Oh, and don't think I mind at all, sweetie (●⌒∇⌒●) It's an honour that my opinions are newsworthy XD  

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:55 pm
Cheremy LeBeau
I don't really know what to expect ( ̄~ ̄;)Hmm・・・ Disney have been known to create some truly marvellous films...but they've also been known to create some truly marvellous flops, so let's just wait and see ( ̄▽ ̄) ~hehe. I'd like to see the writers and animators at least attempt to stay true to the genuine "anime experience", although with such a history of overbearingly Westernised films, I can't really see Eastern influence becoming the backbone of the storyline and primary cultural impact ε-(´・`) *fingers crossed*

I used this one. = )
yay! I'm glad, I would've hated to take it out. In news it's always best to be unbiased, or at least show two sides of an argument. people who don't shouldn't be in news media. stare

want me to post the article when I'm done with it? S'not that good, but. . .  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:45 am
Disney is an okay company. They made a lot of animated classics when they still had an animation team. Now all they do is make films with the help of Pixar. I think it will be okay even it will have the Disney name and Disney is known audiences are suppose to be families. Yeah, Disney does produce the dubs for Studio Ghibli and they all have been great.  

Kagome440

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:37 am
done with the article! It's actually rather bad. XD  
T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items