Reserving Posts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KimCL
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:14 pm
Reserving posts IS NOT allowed. It is the equivalent of bumping. If you are an active reserver, you will lose points for your House.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:58 pm
Question - if some has a "reserved" post, should they delete it?  

Cerbera Dragon

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:17 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yes, please.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:24 am
KimCL
Reserving posts IS NOT allowed. It is the equivalent of bumping. If you are an active reserver, you will lose points for your House.

One amendment: If you are running a contest, you can reserve one post for announcement of winners. Remember, contests which give out prizes must be approved by a Head of House.

I've also added this to our Rules under the "Read Me First Post" and will port this announcement into the Archives soon, as the plague of reserved posts has now stopped.

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:57 am
I have a question/senario.

What if I was trying to reserve a post for a game? Like I had been waiting a while to get a cerian person above me, and the game is going quite quickly so I just push post type in reserve quickly then edit my post as soon as I see that I am under the person that I wanted to be under.
I'm a regular in the Word Games forum, and that is what we usually do so we can post under the person we wish to post under.
Example senario:

I post underneath said avatar with " reserved "

I go back and edit as soon as I am sure I have the post under Avatar A.

It now has a post and no reserve.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:34 am
One Eyed Wonder Weasle
I have a question/senario.

What if I was trying to reserve a post for a game? Like I had been waiting a while to get a cerian person above me, and the game is going quite quickly so I just push post type in reserve quickly then edit my post as soon as I see that I am under the person that I wanted to be under.
I'm a regular in the Word Games forum, and that is what we usually do so we can post under the person we wish to post under.
Example senario:

I post underneath said avatar with " reserved "

I go back and edit as soon as I am sure I have the post under Avatar A.

It now has a post and no reserve.

Good point. That came up in the delightful new Harry Potter Tek-Tek game too, where an image is called for, and it would take a few minutes to create an image. So for that thread we decided to make an exception, that you could post "working on it", give the next image, as long as you completed the post within the hour.

In Haven, we also have several threads which ask for thoughtful answers, which could take time to write and spell check.

The problem is, people were reserving posts and not coming back to them, or taking days to come back to them. Or posting reserve and then the game comes to a halt because it can't go further til someone answers the question and then posts a question for someone to answer.

So I am ok with a post that says "reserved for no more than one hour" and continues the game. The exception would be if you are generating a game or contest (contests need to be approved by a Head of House) and you reserve the post after your rules to post the winners. Let's wait for KimCL to give a thumbs up or thumbs down on that before we make it Haven policy, though, OK?

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:27 am
Okay sounds good to me.  
The Library - Archive of Memorable Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items