Good idea?
  Yes =D
  No -.-
  I've got an idea! -posts-
View Results

turayza

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:22 am
Lol. I love these responses!
Anyways, I was getting really confused by all the interpretations of blood purity on fanfiction...but here is what I gathered.
Whether your parents have magical ability or not doesn't change whether your blood is 'pure' or not.
If you have two pureblood squib parents, you're still a pureblood.
Take Harry for example--James Potter was a pureblood while Lily Evans was a muggleborn, making Harry a half-blood.
Having two muggleborn parents makes you...um...well, there isn't a term for it. But with the same blood purity as muggleborns.
Please tell me if there's anything wrong/missing from my reasoning.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:23 pm
I would be pureblood and though my family in general might lean a bit toward the dark side, I would be neutral as I could be.

It's sorta true in a twisted way in the "real" world. ::fills up space with an anecdote on PRISM and math:: So my dad calls people who go to regular schools "muggles" (but only sometimes) and my mom once told me that although I'm going to a school without the PRISM program, I wasn't suppose to make any friends there and only associate with the people who went to the program with me (O.o). But I got really mad at her and told her that I WAS going to make new friends and she wasn't going to stop me, and told he how screwed up her logic was and she finally relented... But she's still very biased...

So I guess you can sorta see a distinction between pureblood and the rest of the wizarding population there.

Also, I like being "way up there on the ladder" but I'm very confused so I'll have to settle being undecided in the stupid battles between dark and light (which practically means being neutral).  

xuebiii

xuebiii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:26 pm
Terry, think Hitler and his distinction between a Jewish person and a non-Jewish person (I read some where that J.K. Rowling said that she unintentionally based off the muggle-born and pureblood distinctions off that Hitler's screwed up logic. UNINTENTIONALLY though. T.T  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:52 am
XP
Wow, interesting example.
My mom said I was arrogant for thinking that the general public was...um...lacking. Heh. Guess I'm a bit prejudiced, too.  

turayza

Helvetti Vanki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:38 pm
I would Be a Half-blood "b*****d", as in born before wedlock, taken by my mother to hide away from an abusive father, which would stem me to pretend i was a pureblood and i would be a Muggle Hater, but i would not become a death eater because i will not bow to old Voldie ^-^, and i do not believe in muggle torture but complete muggle separation and i would advocate and think approvingly of Pro Pureblood Laws and the like, so yeah ^-^  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:56 am
Muggleborn of the classic type- I have two muggle parents and had no idea magic really existed until I got my letter.

Every time I discover something new about magic I get a real thrill- a "wow" moment. Every day I spend in the Wizarding World brings me the wide-eyed excitement that Harry experiences when he first steps into Diagon Alley. Everything is new and glorious to me.
I suppose that's one reason why I'm a Ravenclaw- I get a kick out of everything I learn.  

avocadopenguin

ZackyBakerVengeance

Liberal Entrepreneur

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:48 pm
I'd have to say that I'd be a pureblood. I wouldnt want to be brought into a new world if I lived with muggles but I know I would'nt be a snotty pureblood because I'm in gryffindor! My parents would be small business owners who are down to earth type people.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:32 pm
Hehe. I'm in Ravenclaw so I'm determined to overthink this.

I am the witch daughter of a half-blood witch and a squib. Therefore making me technically three-quarters pure if we're going by grandparents, right?

Anyway, I was raised mostly in the Muggle world because my parents didn't want me to be disappointed if it turned out I couldn't do magic after all. I was told stories about the magical world of course, but my family treated them just like stories. Until I got my letter. And I found out that the boarding school my brother was at was really a magical school and I was going to go there too.

About the whole blood purity thing, I couldn't care less. I find dissecting the family histories rather fun and interesting, but that's the only use for it, in my book. I sympathize with the Muggleborns for I have that same wonder at this world. But at the same time, I'm not going to hold anyone's parentage against them. Purebloods or Muggles or anyone inbetween. Therefore, the traditional purebloods would probably call me a blood-traitor. But that's okay. I can always call them prejudiced bigots. And that sounds loads worse than blood-traitor. ^_^

Matelia legwll

AsianSpazz7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:37 pm
Well I want to say I'm pureblood automatically because,though not a Slytherin, I'm a bit haughty when it comes to purity. I don't think we're higher than muggles but I take pride in knowing that my wizarding history runs long and true. I think one of the reasons I'd hate to be muggleborn is just because I'd hate to be ignorant about wizarding traditions at first.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:21 pm
I always think of myself as a pureblood. I may be a Ravenclaw, but I do have some aspects of Slytherin in me. Those are the two Houses that seem to fit me the best. But, with the storylines I give for RPs and stuff, it sounds more like I would be a half blood.

For RPs, I always say that I never knew my mother and was always refused information about her. I grew up with my father, who was arrested in the Muggle world for possession and sale of illegal substances, and I find out later that he was a Death Eater in progress, and sister, who is my legal guardian.

The fact that my Death Eater father always refused to give me information on my mother can lead some to think that she was a Muggle or half blood and they just had a one night stand while she was drunk or something, which explains how he got custody of my sister and me. But, I don't have any less powers than a pureblood, and in terms of personality, I would be a pureblood because I have the arrogance, mysteriousness, and ambition of a Slytherin, although some of it would be more internal than external.

Basically, what this all boils down to is that I'd be in between half blood and pureblood based on actual bloodline (if this were to really happen) and personality (which doesn't really mean anything, but I guess people can judge your bloodline by how you act).

Flarityxx18

Galyxies

Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:34 pm
I've always considered myself a muggle-born. I don't understand why, exactly; it might have something to do with my family, or maybe the fact that I'm far too interested in everything muggle and simply too involved in the world to be anything but a muggle-born. Or it might just have something subconscious to do with the fact Hermione skis with her family and knows quite a bit about muggles and witches and as do I, so I associate myself with her and her blood heritage.
Or it could be just because I'm fascinated by so many little things, and I'd like to think that I'd be that way with magic, as well.

Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff