Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:35 pm
User Image

The young adolescent stretched at the gaping opening to her family's den, long blue legs stretched out in front of her, jaw widening so far that a mini-boulder could be stuck between them. It was early morning, the sun having just risen above the horizon, lighting the dark sky with streaks of red and gold. The blue of the night, a blue similar to the color of her pelt in such times of the morning was drawing back into the darkness from whence it came. It was a beautiful sight, the sunrise. What wasn't beautiful, or who exactly, was Ghali. Early morning was not her time of the day, but she didn't much care. With eyes still red from sleep she left the den of her sleeping family, going for a stroll across the Pridelands.

Ghali, to her family, was a sweet little angel. To everyone else... though... Ghali wasn't. She was a lioness with an attitude, and if one could not deal with it, then Ghali did not bother to deal with them. Only those who were 'worthy' of her presence became friends with her, and Ghali was terribly picky about that. Her circle of friends were close, and mostly consisted of giggly girls and a few laid back boys. Ghali still hadn't really grown out of her 'boys are evil' stage. It would be a few months yet before she started taking real interest in them. Insofar, though, no boy caught her eye, simply because she wasn't looking. If she chose to, she'd realize how many attractive males she hung around with and could proceed from there.

A soft sigh was whispered from behind her lips, and with grace that would never be displayed in hunting, Ghali jumped on top of a boulder, reclining underneath the heat of the rising son and against the coldness the stone retained from night. There she could doze off slightly, her tail hanging over the edge of the boulder and swaying gently from side to side.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:47 pm
User Image

Mafuriko was home again after his delightful escapades around the roguelands. He hadn't found any sign of Kiwi, and was hopeful that Kiwi would show up here rather than him coincidentally showing up wherever she had ended up. It was a disappointing end to his search, but he wasn't about to complain either. He wasn't quite home yet, though, arriving back in the Pridelands early in the morning- and not too far ahead of him he spotted a blue lioness hopping up onto a boulder. His first thought was about Kiwi, but as quick as he thought of it he rejected the theory. Ghali was much darker than Kiwimbi, and they didn't look a great deal alike.

"Hmm," he muttered, wondering if he should strike up a conversation or just walk by. It was rather early in the morning, but she was in the direct path he intended to follow. And he couldn't deny he was feeling rather .. lucky at the moment.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:48 am
Ghali, though tired, was not unobservant of her surroundings. She seemed to sense that Riko was headed her way, and so making the movement casual, she turned her head to the side, peering at him through sleep-ridden eyes. It was a calculating look, a look that spoke of Ghali sizing the male up, trying to figure him out before they ended up meeting. It was obvious Ghali wasn't going to start up conversation. If he wanted to talk to her, he was going to have to take the initiative. So, with a dismissive glance, she turned her gaze back in front of her, simply watching the colours of the sky morph and change into something more warm and welcoming than the dark of the night. Apparently the sky was more interesting than Mafuriko, or at least that's what she made it look like. Ghali had no reason to take interest in the other male, so she would not bother herself with it.

"Oh dear," she whispered to herself, thinking about Mafuriko and the likelihood that he would try to talk to her. Possibly he would, because he was a teenage boy... and teenage boys were still incredibly stupid. Their thoughts were constantly clouded by raging hormones... and other troubles that did not afflict the young Ghali. Ghali in fact preferred to ignore boys that were around Mafuriko's age. They just couldn't be trusted, and she still preferred female company and entertained the thoughts that boys carried contagious diseases.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:39 am
Riko's usual opinion of himself would not have stopped him from going the way he was, and he was coming home with a considerably greater opinion of himself now. He didn't even care that she looked at him, that to him was more than enough reason to continue- and besides, she really was right in his path home. Like hell he would move around just because she was there, he wasn't that considerate at the best of times- and being considerate was impossible when you imagined most would not mind you strolling up to chat.

"Odd time and place for a nap," he commented when he was near enough to be heard, but kept moving as if he might just walk on by. However, he couldn't help but look at the blue lioness. She did look very tired, but more importantly she looked very familiar. This was happening a lot.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:54 am
She inwardly groans when she hears the deeper voice that belonged to Mafuriko, coming to the realization that she was going to have to entertain the boy with some conversation. Outwardly, she wasn't rude enough to chase him off, no matter how much she wanted some peace and quiet. She was raised with proper manners, and it would simply be beyond her to rudely force Riko away. But, it wasn't beyond her to use subtleties to get someone to leave her alone. Ghali could pass along subtle hints, hints that she hoped the other would pick up on and help him in his decision to leave her the hell alone. "I'm not napping," she said idlly, as if her distant tone would be enough to chase the other off. "I'm watching the sunrise, and enjoying the peace and quiet that..." Her gaze turned to him just then, red eyes narrowing as she observed the lighter coloured male. "That no longer exists."

Hopefully that would be a big enough hint, and if that wasn't she would simply have to try her hand at ignoring most of what he said and only replying dully to that which needed a reply. She yawned then, a key point of her disinterest of him. Still, Ghali wasn't certain that he would get the hint. He didn't look terribly bright.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:01 am
Riko was not as dumb or as considerate as Ghali seemed to think he was, and instead of apologizing and going off so she could get back to her peace and quiet.. he laughed. Her attitude was not as familiar as she looked, but for now he wasn't going to worry about either of it. He stopped walking now, determined to either make things worse or make things up to her. Either way, he figured it'd be somewhat interesting.

"Then you should have picked a better spot," he answered in a much cheerier voice to counter her own distant and disinterested one, "Not my fault you picked a spot right along my path home."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:11 am
Oh ho, she was irritated now. She quickly caught on that now he was just staying to upset her, simply because her attitude hadn't been up to par with what he wanted it to be. So now he was going to bug her, because he was a lonesome male with nothing else better to do. Her each twitched with her irritation, her teeth grinding against one another as she tried to quell her anger. Really, Ghali was known for a fiery temper, though she tried her best not to display it in front of her family. To anyone else, though, they were free game for seeing the true extent of her anger. So deciding that she wasn't going to be subtle any longer, she stretched her paws out in front of her, tail curling up into the air as she yawned. Then she sat down facing him, the redness disappearing from her eyes, her sleepiness having disappeared in the face of her irritation.

"Then you should know how to get around an obstacle, and better yet, you should have more than one path home." Her voice, instead of getting cheerier, was getting lower and angrier. She wasn't hiding how irritated she was with him. There was no point in it, and perhaps he would finally get the hint and leave her be. She could threaten to hurt him... but that wasn't like Ghali, not in a situation as pathetic and trivial as this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:33 am
Familiarity forgotten, Riko didn't mind her reaction at all. In fact, it was one of the two reactions he'd hoped for, it'd have been most effective (and boring) to not react at all. As such, he only smiled at her as if he were eternally stuck on happy. He wasn't too hard to make angry, but when he was trying it on someone else he was very resistant. However, new the this little game, he had no idea what exactly would get an actual rise out of him.

"Oh, but this is definitely the quickest way," he pointed out, "Never thought a pretty blue lioness would be so grumpy about a passerby. Too bad, really."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:45 am
She could see how much he was enjoying this, and it was only making her annoyed with herself that she was giving in and getting angry. Obviously her reaction pleased him, for what reasons she did not know nor tried to know. Males were still completely different from females, and Ghali did not pretend to understand them. With another grumpy sigh she stood up, jumping off of the large boulder and landing beside the other. Her tail though, seemed to not miss hitting the male, smacking against his face, white fluff obscuring his view briefly. When the white fluff was pulled away, a wicked smile was visible on her face. With her tail twitching in the air, she sighed dramatically, taking on an apologetic tone, "Sorry about that, my tail just seems to have... ahh... a mind of its own." Of course she had hit him on purpose, but she was determined to make this fun for herself if he was not going to leave her alone. Perhaps she could irritate him into leaving by refusing to get angry. Maybe not. But she could hope.

"Why is it 'too bad'?" She tried her best to ignore his comment about her being 'pretty', but it was clear from the twitch in her ear and the darkening of her eye that she did not like being 'complimented'. It made her suspicious, and wary, but she was ready to play this game with him. She was ready to get the better of the light coloured male. "Too bad that such a fine specimen of a male such as yourself is so rude to young ladies." Of course, she didn't mean what she said... the whole 'fine specimen' part.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:53 am
It was questionable, if he knew she'd caught on to his little game, but he didn't care one way or the other. He jumped a bit when she leaped from the rock and a white tail came flying right into his face, and it took some effort not to sneeze from the brushing tickle against his nose. His little smile became a smirk as she continued the conversation and had an interesting reaction to what he said.

"See, that's just it," he replied to her comment about his being so rude, not paying any attention at all to the joke of it, "I'm quite charming in the right company, but then I guess morning is not a common time to find good and cheerful company."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:25 am
Ghali wanted to wipe that smirk right off of his face, but instead she found herself staring at it, analyzing it in silence. It certainly meant that he was enjoying himself, and that meant Ghali was going to have to try harder to take the fun out of their conversation. Her only other option was to enjoy herself more than him, but at the rate of which he was getting on her nerves it seemed like an impossible task to have more fun with this than he was. Ghali wasn't enjoying herself, and she did not see this as much fun. All she was doing was talking to an annoying male adolescent who did not understand the concept of peace and quiet. She wasn't going to teach him what peace and quiet meant, but at the very least she was going to get him to leave her alone, no matter the consequences. She was determined.

"So, are you telling me that I am bad company?" She made a tsking noise at him, her eyes levelly observing him. "Now, that's not a way to get on a lady's good graces. In fact, it makes you liable to get hurt by a lady's claws." It was a blunt warning, passing on the message that she was irritated with him enough to give him a good slap to knock some sense into him. Of course, she wasn't really ready to act violently towards him. It was still a game, in a sense. But if he continued to push at her she would likely just get up and leave him to go on his way home. It was better than having to put up with him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:38 pm
Riko's smug expression stuck stubbornly even as Ghali gave him an almost menacing look. He could definitely tell she was getting less and less keen on the conversation, and if he were anyone he just might have felt some remorse and left her be but now it definitely looked as if he'd gotten himself into an argument. However, it wouldn't bother him if he didn't let it!

"Oh, I'm sure you're usually delightful," he assured her brightly, tossing a glance to her paws at the threat but not worried. This stranger might have an attitude and claws, but she was considerably smaller than he was, "Claws and all."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:17 pm
Her patience was ever-so-slowly withering away, so much that eventually she would just get up and leave him. There was no point in staying here, ruining her morning by arguing with a pompous prat. She could enjoy it elsewhere, preferrably someplace where he would not know. Ghali wasn't keen on returning to the den, though, at least not this early in the morning. Perhaps it was time to go den-looking, even if she had asked Shani to come with her to pick one out. It wouldn't do any harm to look for herself and take Shani out later. Searching for a den would certainly be more relaxing and peaceful than arguing with Riko, since it looked as if he was ready for a good arguement. Knowing males as well as she did, it was easy to assume that their main goal in life was to: A) Reproduce B) Mess with People and C) Eat, Drink, and Sleep. Ghali was determined not to give him the satisfaction of arguing with him.

She turned to the other slightly, giving him an icy smile that seemed to befit her attitude. "I assure you that I am... claws and all." She stood up then, circling him briefly before walking a little bit away in the other direction. "Quite frankly, I'm tired of you and this conversation. I think, perhaps, that I'm going to go and enjoy myself elsewhere." Oh, Ghali was positive that she would have more fun away from Riko than with him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:40 pm
By Ghali's standards, Riko was not doing too badly for himself in those categories she believed he should fall into. Of course, he didn't realize his actions had resulted in actual reproduction, and would argue about those being the only things he (and other males) do- even if he was a poor example of it at the moment himself! He smiled at her when she agreed with him, assuring him that he was right- perhaps not exactly an agreement, but it didn't appear to be an argument either and he was happy with that.

"You really aren't doing much to prove how delightful you can be," he commented in a somewhat disappointed sounding tone, "But I suppose that's fine, I'll just go on my merry way and see if anyone friendlier is awake this morning."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:08 pm
"That's only because I'm not in delightful company. If I was then I would choose to be more cheery in hopes that said company would stay. But, because I would rather said company disappear quickly, I choose not to be delightful." It was a bunch of words, but a simple meaning could be picked out of them: I hate you. The white fluff of her tail swished in the air lazily, and turning her head so that she could look at him, she spent a few final moments observing what was wrong with the male. When the accusations against him began to mount up to a high number, her lips twitched up into a curious smile. The origin of that startlingly sweet and even kind smile would remain unknown to Riko, because Ghali had made up her mind to leave the other's presence. She had already wasted too much of her valued time on him, and she had other things that she needed to do this day.

"I would be surprised if you found anyone more pleasant than me at this time in the morning, but I suppose I wish you luck with finding someone who can tolerate you. Good bye." She didn't bother to stay a minute longer, and turning away from him he began to walk away towards the outskirts of the Pridelands. She was sure she wouldn't mind having a den far away from Priderock. Perhaps she'd be able to manage to find some peace and quiet then.

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff