Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Girls, help me out - dealing with cramps Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mad Madam Mimm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:23 am
I'm looking for an aromatherapy/incense/candle magic solution to the dreaded cramps. You know.... the girly ones... me and my mum tend to get them kinda bad from time to time... is there a herbal resolution?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:28 am
Close My Eyes && Scream

" I know of no herbal things, but a simple bath can do the trick for me.

Water is extremely healing so turn on some music, light nice scented candles, and get soaking. ^-^
"

Do You Even Hear Me

xe brat prince

Questionable Genius

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:46 pm
I take One A Day Women's vitamins. If I take it regularly, I don't get any cramps at all and usually a very light flow. And if I don't take it regularly, I get cramps so bad that I can't even walk.

Really, you can either take any multi-vitamin that contains Vitamin B, or take just Vitamin B capsules. Vitamin B is known to help with problems in that area with females.

Edit: You can also try drinking Chamomile tea (which you can get at any grocery store). Although, if I remember correctly, you're not suppose to drink it if you might be pregnant. But, if you're on your period, then that doesn't really matter. Personally, when I drink it it makes me feel sick. So, I stick with Vitamin B... or I live off of Tylenol extra strength for two days, which is not good for your body.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:03 pm
Applying heat to your lower abdomen usually helps. If you don't want to take a bath, you can warm up a wet towel in the microwave (I don't remember how long to leave it in for, but not long).

Here's a link to some more info that might be helpful:

http://www.anniesremedy.com/remedy_use103.php  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:31 pm
There's this book called Burned Alive by a woman named Souad. She was orrigionally from the Middle East and she got out...

Anyway, she mentioned somewhere in the beginning of her book a particular salve/mixture that really worked for cramps. I can't think of it now, but if you don't mind spending a few hours in a library, you could go look it up.

Other than that, regular vitamins seem to work for Maggie, but I still get cramps and I take my vitamins everyday. I take ibruprophen (however you spell it), but I'm sure it's not good either. Regular excercise helps, and lots of water and a good overall diet.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:35 pm
And Love Said No...
here is a link of ways, stretching can help too, i know you wanna bunch up in a ball but it actually doesn't help

crampsUser Image  

Lucifer Kiss

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:33 pm
WelkingPath
There's this book called Burned Alive by a woman named Souad. She was orrigionally from the Middle East and she got out...

Anyway, she mentioned somewhere in the beginning of her book a particular salve/mixture that really worked for cramps. I can't think of it now, but if you don't mind spending a few hours in a library, you could go look it up.

Other than that, regular vitamins seem to work for Maggie, but I still get cramps and I take my vitamins everyday. I take ibruprophen (however you spell it), but I'm sure it's not good either. Regular excercise helps, and lots of water and a good overall diet.

Okay, I guess I should have said that it might not work for everyone. Everyone's different, everyone's bodies react differently to different things. But I still think it's worth a shot... you never know until you try.

Excercising while you have cramps should help too, because your body releases natural pain relievers... and that won't harm your body like excessive tylenol, midol, or whatever will.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:43 pm
OK there is a couple of things I use to do, have rosemary oils. take a bath and after the bath on my bed I would get into a cat like position with your bum in the air and your head on the pillow. I know it sounds a bit strange but It helped me like a dream  

Redbutcheress

CosmicCrystal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:55 pm
I used to get horrific cramps, so bad that my doctor recommended birth control for me, which is great, but not for everyone and certainly not what I am recommending. Typically what always worked best for me was heat, get a heating pad or they now make pads that are very thing that you stick to the back of your underwear and they heat up with contact to the air. Those were great for class. I can't remember what they are called off hand, but you can get them in the grocery store around the medicine and bandages. As far as aromatherapy and all of that goes I never tried anything like that. I do know someone that used yoga to help. there are specific yoga stretches for a menstrual cycle so you might try looking those up ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:57 pm
Well I know this isn't herbal or anything but bananas work well for relieving cramps.  

Indigo Star Child

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:06 pm
I drink a tea called Women's Moon Cycle. It really helps. And when the tea doesn't work, I've found that pulling my knees to my chest and laying like that on my back works magnificently.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:26 pm
Typical wet-blanket warning: Do be cautious of herbal remedies such as red clover and black/blue cohosh, as well as some herbal teas which may contain those herbs. For most of the population, those work well; for the other part, these herbs work because they raise estrogen levels and elevated estrogen levels lead to blood clots among those who have a family history/predisposition to them.

I use a heating pad and ibuprofen. Those little heating pads you can break out of a package and stick to the inside of your panties are awesome (though they get pretty darn hot).  

SeraphBriar

Starlock

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:05 pm
Also... the saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure applies. Consider how you're eating, sleeping, and just in general taking care of yourself all the time. It all has an effect!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:17 pm
Sorry to just resurrect this thread, but i have something handy for anyone who has troubles ^^;

Cumin. - Cumin seeds, powder... Make it into a tea! It doesn't taste the best in the world, so add a little honey or even sugar if you like sweet things, but that will take care of it, really.  

Neonkyat

Dangerous Prophet

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:38 pm
Definitely apply moist heat, but not directly to your skin! Try to avoid direct contact, as that can actually burn your skin. If you'd like to try a rice bag, I have found that it works for all sorts of aches and pains... You can even make one yourself, just get two tea towels and fill them with rice and jasmine or other herbs that you think smell pretty. Then sew the towels together and voila, a rice bag. Just stick it in the microwave for like... a minute or two, depending on size, and there you have it. The rice keeps it's own moisture very well, and holds heat nicely too.

You could try a vitamin e supplement, as well. You could also use spearmint or mint as an inhalation of vapors to release stress in the muscles, which can cause pain to go away. You can also try putting either in a bath in small quantities, mint has a cooling sensation, though spearmint might irritate your skin, so do a test patch by putting a very, very tiny amount on the inside of your wrist for a little while. If after five or ten minutes it doesn't irritate, you're good to go. But if it *does* irritate, just flush it with water, and it should be ok.

Personally, when it gets too bad, I just take ibuprofen. Heh. smile  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces