Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Is this an excerpt from the bible or did someone make it up?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:16 pm
Okay this has been bothering me since either Friday or this Monday. When I walked into my Sociology and found something written on my desk. I don't know what it means and I think it came from the bible or someone made it up or something along those lines.

"God will sing
But ye not worthy"

Does anyone know what that means or if its even in the bible? I don't own one so that's why I'm asking.. (only a select few of my friends know I'm Christian...I'm keeping it a secret until I go to college...if you really want to know the reason then by all means PM me.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:42 pm
This is not from the bible. Sounds like someone just making something up. As for its meaning, it could mean many things. It seems to have a negative view of humanity and God. (of humanity because of our sinfulness; of God because it implies that He doesn't love us) In the Bible, there are many instances of people singing to God, namely King David. Now there are lots of Christian groups out there, making music for God. Hope that helped.  

Orizion

kitsunegami

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:48 pm
I used http://www.biblegateway.com/ to search the NIV, and NASB ('cause those are the two I use), and the KJV, and NKJV ('cause those are the ones most people are familiar with) and the phrase "God will sing" doesn't occur anywhere in any of those translations.

I don't know as much about Early Modern English as I once did but the phrase "But ye not worthy" doesn't look properly constructed to me. Thus I'm inclined to think that it was made up by someone who wants you to think that it's from the King James Bible.

I have a friend who is a linguist (and is employed as a Latin teacher). Next time I talk to her I'll see what she thinks.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:53 pm
Ah I figured as much. Thank you for that both of you. I figured as much. It just was a little weird.  

-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:37 am
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
Okay this has been bothering me since either Friday or this Monday. When I walked into my Sociology and found something written on my desk. I don't know what it means and I think it came from the bible or someone made it up or something along those lines.

"God will sing
But ye not worthy"

Does anyone know what that means or if its even in the bible? I don't own one so that's why I'm asking.. (only a select few of my friends know I'm Christian...I'm keeping it a secret until I go to college...if you really want to know the reason then by all means PM me.)

Hmm... It almost sounds to me that a Christian wrote that, and it could mean...

"God shows his grace
But you are not worthy of it"
That is what I am getting from this~ And yeah, I don't think it's a bible verse XD  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games