Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[PRP] Alike in Mind (Rokopelli & Muhali)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:54 am
AIM RP - Between DFA and Kimaria

Rokopelli was bored and when she was bored she was irritable and annoying. Thus, her /friend/ Nyoka had decided it was time she leave the den and leave him in peace at the same time. So, deciding that she didn't want to upset him - particularly as he had sharp fangs - that some exploring was in order.

Currently, she was disguised as a mortal, keeping to the strict rules set down by herself and her adopted mother, to keep her real identity under cover in case anyone decided they wanted to take advantage of her kind heart.

So, as it was, the young goddess, still so innocent at heart, went skipping out of the Tuiat'tekam to where the desert stretched on endlessly. Here she could spread her wings and not have to worry about being seen by anyone else. Keepign the illusion up for a long amount of time was terribly draining and being so little meant that she spent a lot of her time sleeping off the exhaustion from exerting her powers.

Her rainbow wings dazzled into being and, despite not needing them for flight, flapped as a bird's would when gaining altitude. "Right." She peeped happily. "Where shall we go?"

----

As so it happened, just up ahead sat another female; she seemed entertained by talking to... something or other, and as she moved her petite blue frame, small wings flared behind her, "It's not like that!" the words where whined at whatever it was the small female was talking to, "I saw it! I saw it! I did!" she stomped her paw for for further proof. Amusing to note was the fact that despite what appearences indicated, the petite blue goddess was an adult.

Finally, something moved from underneath the female's frame; the creature revealed itself to be a white snake whim stood up tall, hooded eyes looking up to the blue cub-like creatures, "There is no such thing as ghosts," it proclaimed snottily, as if really, it could not be any other way. The goddess flattened her ears back and frowned down at the creatures, asuring it, for all that she was worth, that she had, in fact, seen the ghost of a tap-dancing rhino. The snake made a grimace and decide against asking what tap-dancing even was. All in all, neither seemed to notice Roko's approach.

----

Roko, however, did notice them and her joy was plastered quite blatantly over her face. Her eyes glistened and widened and her wings quickened their pace, fluttering so fast that they could have resembled a humming bird's.

Roko adored snakes, they were in a way her saviours. Nyoka, who obviously hated her, had been adopted as Roko's best friend and the snake was usually not too far away. So it was that when Roko saw a Goddess and a snake talking together that she realised, much to her delight, that she wasn't so odd after all.

Before she could think about how dangerous landing might be at such a speed, Roko lowered her course, splayed her wings and stretched out her legs. It should have been an elegant - landing on all fours - type of landing. However, she hit the ground too hard and too fast and ended up flat on her face, sliding a good few metres before coming to a hesitant stop. Her wings flailed as she tried to gain control of them and as she lifted her head to speak she found her mouth full of sand.

"Peh, peh." She coughed, wiped a paw against her mouth and then shook herself briskly. "We can't believe it!" She declared when her mouth was useable again. Her bi-coloured eyes blinked rapidly. "Are you a...a...mirage?" Her wings were fluttering uncontrollably. "Or are you...like us?"

----

A squeak was released from the goddess as she took a step back, watching with surprise written over her features, the way Roko crash landed. The white snake, for his part, bared his fangs instantly, coiling his body around one blue paw, almost as if both seeking to protect what he'd already decided was HIS and figuring that slithering under Muhali, there were fewer chances of being stepped on.

As the snake coiled around one paw, Muhali raised the other to stroke the creature, finally settling down as she noticed their visitor was but a cub! Imagine that! A godling cub! Irrationality had seen no godlings for such a long time...

"Mirage?" the word was said by the white snake as he slithered up the goddess' frame till he was settled comfortably (and safely) above ground, "Hardly," dry, irritated, it was obvious the creature was not amused.

Muhali on the other hand, was right-down amused, entertained and thrilled, "Mirage?" she echoed the snake's word before giggling, "Irrationality is not a mirage; you might be seeking deception if it's a mriage you want!" chirped, happy, such a contrast from Sumu's hissed words, "Who are you? So little! I hadn't see a god cub for so long!" because, after all, despite looking just as young as Roko was... Muhali was ancient. As far as she knew, anyhow. She couldn't remember a time where she'd.... not 'been'.

----

Roko, used to Nyoka's spiteful tone, had grown used to the habits of snakes and so didn't so much as blink an eyelid at the irritated serpent. (Though this was probably from being blissfully unaware of it than experience.) Her eyes flickered from the white snake and then up to the petite blue Goddess. She was so pretty! So bold!

"That's good." Roko replied happily. "Then we can be friends! We don't think mirages make very good friends..." She trailed off as if she weren't sure what to say next, then hurriedly continued. "No, no, we not want mirages. You'll do just fine!" She squeaked, creeping closer.

"We are Roko and Pelli." She replied in the same voice, glad that her other persona seemed to be weakening with every passing day. "We been a cub since....well since forever!" She giggled.

"Who are you?" She peeped curiously, her eyes falling to the white serpent once again. "We have snakey too but...he told me to..." And she quoted, "'Leave me alone until you've found your brains.'" She laughed again. "Silly Nyoka. He's so funny."

----

"Friends?" the serpent sounded almost offended at that claim! He bared his teeth mildly and hissed irritably; if it weren't for the bond he'd formed with the blue goddess and their past together, it was probable he would have aimed a bite at the younger cub, "Insolent little thing, to think I would be friends.... such a thing..." the words were murmured, then sneered before Muhali 'shhhhhh'ed him slightly, her paw running over his form. She knew how Sumu could, and would seeth upon any given circumstance; in fact, as far as she was aware... she was the only creature on the face of the earth that the white male tolerated, even though their relationship had, in fact, started out with him tryong to bite her for landing on him.

Shhhing the snake again, Muhali smiled fondly at the younger goddess, her tail flicking once before she chuckled, "I bet they ain't," she answered back, "I know what it's like to be lonely..." her head lifted slightly to look at the sky, "I have my singing stars... my children," Of course, the petite goddess refered to Kizingo'zaa lions as her singing stars, her children. They were her creation, in a way; their lifestyle, their ideals. They were her children, not her followers; in fact, they didn't even know her for whom she was. They thought she was the 'ocean'. That was fine though, "That sounds nice!" chirped again, as if truly a cub.

Tilting her head this way and that, Muhali tried to figure out who these 'we' were, but soon enough decided that the cub was probably talking about an invisble friend and nodded, "We are Muhali," she pointed at herself, "And Sumu. I call him grumpy pants though," at such a claim, the snake hissed disaprovingly.

Sumu sneered, "I think this 'snakey' was onto something..."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:26 am
"Aw you not like to have friends?" Roko pawed at the ground a little way from him. "It's not good to be lonely." She shook her head fiercely. No lonely wasn't good. Rokopelli wanted to make lots of friends so that she'd never have to spend a day alone. She'd adopted Nyoka as her friend, though he was very insistent that she didn't. Even still, she loved the snake and trusted him completely, though he manipulated her terribly.

She blinked, raised her head to the little goddess and smiled, a serious expression falling - possibly for the first time since breaking free from her prison - onto her face. "Singing stars?" She glanced upwards to, suddenly calm and tranquil. She couldn't see the stars, though. It was far from being night.

Then when Muhuli continued to speak, she lowered her gaze back and a smile spread it's way back across her face.

"Grumpy pants!" Roko squealed, suddenly back to her normal self. "Grump snakey is cute! You should meet Nyoka. You'd like him!" She bounced, stretched out her wings contentedly. "We live just over there." She directed them with a wave of a paw. "Mummy lives there too and so does Nyoka's girlfriend." She giggled. "There's lots of lions but they don't know what we are. We pretend to be like them."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces