Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:24 pm
User Image

Gold-coats, gold-coats, gold-coats! Everything the little cub ever saw when out and about in the Pridelands was a bunch of gold-coats! The worst part was that they didn't even recognize what they'd done! Or if they did, they felt no guilt. What ever happened to justice?

Justice cursed these lands long ago, when the plague killed Taka so long ago... Usufii answered to himself. He let out a short sigh... Nobody he'd met thus far in these lands was of any quality. Except of course, the family he'd met. Did anyone even know who he was? That he wondered often. Did anyone beyond his family realize he was of royal blood? No. He was treated like a peasant, like everyone else. He crinkled his nose with dismay as he sat himself high on a rock, looking away from the pridelands, towards the border.

He didn't know what to think of the lands. In one respect, he saw them as his own lands, but their blatant ignorance of the existence of a problem disgusted him.

Such were thoughts that mostly adults had... But the problem was so prevalent in his day-to-day life that he couldn't help but think about it. Why would a brother do that to his sibling? Usu wouldn't do that to Valse... His thoughts ran about in his head some more before he decided to get his mind off it. He padded down off the rock and headed over to an even bigger rock- a huge boulder, in fact. He wondered if he could climb it...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:31 pm
User Image

Shuman lay on his back, staring up at the white and fluffy clouds. They were so interesting to look at, as each and every single one was different in it's own way. Not two seemed to look alike! Too bad that wasn't true for the way lions looked. No, not at all. He, out of all three of his siblings, just had to be the one to get a twin... One that looked just like him! The worst thing about it was that she was a girl. A girl! How could his parents do that to him?

Sighing, he shook his green head some, forgetting about it. It was a whatever situation. Plus, the clouds that were carelessly floating by were of much more interest. At least they didn't have any twins or girls to bother them.

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:38 pm
Usufii leapt up on the rock, claws grating against its surface. His dad could do this, easy! Even his mother! He pulled himself closer to the boulder and pushed up with his hind paws, giving him the lift he'd needed to get to the top. It was at least three times as high as he was tall (standing up.) From atop the bigger rock, Usufii had a much better view of the lands... Until something caught his eye. A green cub, off in the distance. There was only one family in the Pridelands that he knew of that carried green, and that was his family. Therefore, this stranger must be a relative on his mother's side. (Taka's side carried no green. Except eyes.)

"HEY!" He called out to the stranger, reluctant to leap off the rock now that he was on top of it. He'd see if that sufficed first. Indeed, he had certainly gotten his mind off of the injustice done to his father's side of the family... by focusing on his mother's enormous side.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:02 pm
Ears perking up slightly, Shuman began to look around him, rolling over in the process. His green eyes scanned over the rough terrain, trying to find where that faint sound had come from. It had been kind of far away, but was loud, so it was able to be heard. However, Shuman couldn't speak that loud, or simply didn't want to. So, that meant he'd have to search. Just great!

Getting up and stretching some, Shuman shook his fur out and proceeded to look around some more. That's when he spotted something... Bright, bright yellow? He blinked a few times, just to make sure he wasn't seeing things.

"What is that...?", he questioned to himself, cocking his head to the side some.

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:02 pm
He gave a quick roll of his eyes. Usu really didn't want to get down off the boulder, but it became more and more clear that he'd have to if he wanted to speak with his relative. (There was no doubt in his mind- this was one of his relatives.) One pause to see if the male would come over, but he finally hopped off the rock, allowing the force of impact to pass to his shoulders. He padded over to the pastel-green cub that he'd spied.

"Hey," he said again. "I think we're related. My mother's name is Noyana, my grandmother on her side is Na'Ilah. Is it the same for you?" He asked. "My name's Usufii." He couldn't help but wonder if, presuming they were related, he'd heard of Usu. He sat down in the grass not far away.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:50 am
Everything had happened so fast, and within just a minute or two, the bright yellow cub was sitting in the grass, not so far away from himself. He started to talk at once, and about lions he had never heard of. However, he didn't want to sit there and look stupid, so he started talking too, hoping it would answer at least some of this cub's questions.

"Hello. Ummm... I don't know. My name is Shuman though. It's nice to meet you!" A smile adorned his face and he looked so silly. "My mommy's name is Chu'mana and my daddy's name is Siltim. I don't know any of my other family members, at least not yet. I was told that I have a really big family though, so I guess I'll get to meet them all one day!" His goofy smile turned into a goofy grin, and he too sat himself down in the grass.

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:36 pm
Usufii had demanded that his mother name all those related to him on her side. He was not fond of those unrelated to him in the least. However, he was far more polite to a lion for simply being related to him. Thus it was highly important to Usu to know who he was (and wasn't) related to.

The cub had listed a name he'd recognized. "Siltim's a brother to my mom, so that makes us cousins," he said with a nod. "Nice to meet you, Shuman." The other cub had a tail marking similar to his own as well, further proof of their relation. "What were your plans for the day?" He asked to see if the cub had any ideas. Usu, quite honestly, had no idea what to do with the day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:33 am
Shuman smiled with joy. So, he wasn't going to be randomly attacked or anything like that by this bright yellow cub. He had even found out that they were related! How cool was that?! Just to assure himself though, he got up and rounded about the cub, looking at his tail. A very similar marking that resided on his own tail adorned it, showing Shuman even more proof of their relation.

"Wow!" He rounded about the cub again and sat himself down, still smiling. "I guess we are related! That's really cool! I haven't met any of my cousins yet." He looked up for a brief second at the clouds, watching them float on by. "Well.... We could just lie down, stare at the clouds, and talk about our families. I'd really like to know about your family, as you probably want to know about mine."

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:00 am
"Sure, I suppose," Usufii said. He personally thought cloud-gazing would be a little boring, but hey, who was he to complain? He flopped down onto his back and stared up. Usu hadn't really ever taken the time to look at the clouds. They sure were fluffy... kinda like his dad's mane, only fluffier. The more he looked at them, the more he realized that they... looked like various things. One kinda looked like a lion for a little while, but it quickly shifted into just a blob of fluff. His brow furrowed thoughtfully for a moment at the sky, but then his face returned to normal.

"So, who wants to start? I can, if you'd prefer," Usu offered, tearing his eyes from the sky and looking at the other cub.

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games