• Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:40 pm
sirmartyr777
Mein Kulturkampf
ChibiLi
TyrsKat
Okay ... this is getting interesting.

....The reason you feel dirty is because a lot of Bible-beating extremists have brainwashed society into thinking that anything to do with sex is dirty....

You should post that all over the universe and get a nobel prize.

You're the first person I've ever seen who finally pointed that out 3nodding

I thought it was obvious. o_o;

It's true that churches tend to pervert sex, but seeing as sex is a gift to be used responsibly, there is a time for it, and masturbation is a type of fornication, which God clearly labels as a sin.

But good point anyway.

I agree with you there. Then again, I don't think that masturbation in itself is a sin, but the thoughts a person may get while performing the action~

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:12 am
DreXxiN
You are a fool if you think someone is going to suffer for trying to learn their body. Stop being so ignorant, and on a final note, no one is going to go to hell for this.

Regardless if we masturbate, execreting semen is NATURAL! It's going to happen anyway and that's why we masturbate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet_dreams

Educate yourself. Also, try to open up your mind instead of being handfed by your puppeteers you call "religious elders."

You can be Christian and still have your own thoughts you know.

On a second note, since some people on this forum seem to lack the maturity to see everything for what it is and read EVERYTHING someone says instead of skimming through and saying "wut thats not right lol", I'll repeat it again. Part of the reason we worship the Lord is for having our own free will to learn from our own mistakes.

And if you want to play that childish little game of "What's the better of the two, this or this?"

Well I suppose what if someone has a masturbation disorder, and wants to do the greater of the two goods, so he releives himself instead of commiting adultry against his wife. Eh?

I really don't mean to offend but open up your mind. People can be forgiven of their sins, and the way you put it, it's "OMG, YOU'RE GOING TO HELL IF U MASTURBATE THARZ NUTHIN U KEN DO LOLOL".
One thing buddy, communion.

You are a sinner too, thus you have no right to tell me how I'll be judged based off of such an insignificant evil.

I didn't tell you it was a sin, the bible did.  

CCubed

DreXxiN

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:54 am
CCubed
DreXxiN
You are a fool if you think someone is going to suffer for trying to learn their body. Stop being so ignorant, and on a final note, no one is going to go to hell for this.

Regardless if we masturbate, execreting semen is NATURAL! It's going to happen anyway and that's why we masturbate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet_dreams

Educate yourself. Also, try to open up your mind instead of being handfed by your puppeteers you call "religious elders."

You can be Christian and still have your own thoughts you know.

On a second note, since some people on this forum seem to lack the maturity to see everything for what it is and read EVERYTHING someone says instead of skimming through and saying "wut thats not right lol", I'll repeat it again. Part of the reason we worship the Lord is for having our own free will to learn from our own mistakes.

And if you want to play that childish little game of "What's the better of the two, this or this?"

Well I suppose what if someone has a masturbation disorder, and wants to do the greater of the two goods, so he releives himself instead of commiting adultry against his wife. Eh?

I really don't mean to offend but open up your mind. People can be forgiven of their sins, and the way you put it, it's "OMG, YOU'RE GOING TO HELL IF U MASTURBATE THARZ NUTHIN U KEN DO LOLOL".
One thing buddy, communion.

You are a sinner too, thus you have no right to tell me how I'll be judged based off of such an insignificant evil.

I didn't tell you it was a sin, the bible did.

You made it sound like I was going to hell because I've done it before, though.

Besides, if in the temporal world I'm not punished, and have prayed for forgiveness before I die, I'm pretty sure I won't be suffering for eternity..

I didn't say you told me it was a sin, I said you have no right to tell me how I'll be judged. Besides there are far greater evils, and it would have been worse if I'm addicted, since an addiction to anything in its OWN is a sin, but it's not.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:58 pm
Masturbation isn't a sin. I used to think it was because that's what my church put in my head. Don't get me wrong, I love my church and the people in it. I have wonderful friends there and have grown in Christ there, but they made me feel that every sexual feeling was bad.

However, masturbation can actually stimulate and provide a better sexual drive later in life. It, in a way, gets the juices flowing... and I don't mean that in a gross or literal way, though I suppose it is kind of literal... and makes it easier for when you finally are with that someone special...

And as for the whole lust thing, there are certain thoughts that can go with it, that aren't so holy... that's where the sin comes in. Because lusting is, like Jesus said, committing adultery.  

Child of the 80s

Seority

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:45 pm
The main reason Christians say masterbation is a sin is because to masterbate you need to think up "dirty" thoughts about the oppisite sex, or whatever, in order to do so. Lusting for the body, as they call it.
Yes it is something we can have the free will to do, but in Christianity's eyes, it's a sin to think up those thoughts.
To our physical bodies, however, masterbation is a healthy thing, but just like eating, as stated by DreXxiN, if it becomes an addication, it causes harm more then pleasure.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:04 pm
Seority
The main reason Christians say masterbation is a sin is because to masterbate you need to think up "dirty" thoughts about the oppisite sex, or whatever, in order to do so. Lusting for the body, as they call it.
Yes it is something we can have the free will to do, but in Christianity's eyes, it's a sin to think up those thoughts.
To our physical bodies, however, masterbation is a healthy thing, but just like eating, as stated by DreXxiN, if it becomes an addication, it causes harm more then pleasure.

I couldn't have said it better myself. But, couldn't masturbation lead you away from have actual sex before marriage?

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Seority

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:47 am
mazuac

I couldn't have said it better myself. But, couldn't masturbation lead you away from have actual sex before marriage?

You mean as a substitution for sex? I suppose it's a good way to distract you from having sex. It can also tempt you into it, so it depends on yourself-control and beliefs. When you do get married, or feel the time is right, sex is hella better then masterbation. Therefore, if you are married/whatever, you should opt towards sex more instead of masterbation, at least I believe you should.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:23 pm
Well, here's how I view things. Because I tend to view things on that factual side of life, kinda like my parents.

So let's strip this topic down (pun intended) and look at things from the basics:

First, God created sex. And we all know God's invention are all made with a good intention (in other words God never screws anything up). So let's take this futher: God also must have invented everything that has to do with sex. Is it not considerable that God invented masterbation as well?

We all have sexual urges. There's nothing spiritually wrong with that. It's human nature. We've all gone through puberty at some point and we all know that it's kind of hard to go 20 years, or in some people's cases, 40 years (reference to the movie 40 Year Old Virgin) without commiting one single act of sexual conduct until they are eventually married?. So is it not thinkable to say that God invented masterbation so that we can "release" our humanly natural urges without sinning against him and having sex before marrige? Is that not possible?

Also, think of things from a medical science point of view: Masterbation is supposed to be very healthy for the male prostate. And think about females: If a female waited for sex for marriage and never masterbated once and then had sex at, like, 35 when they are actually married, wouldn't the "first time" hurt like 100 times worse then if they had masterbated before that time? Is that not concieveable? I don't know as much about the female sex system as other 21 year olds may but I do know enough to know that the first time a female has sex with a male that it hurts alot, and then it doesn't hurt again after that.

Seority

Quoted for I believe her too.

Child of the 80s
Masturbation isn't a sin. I used to think it was because that's what my church put in my head. Don't get me wrong, I love my church and the people in it. I have wonderful friends there and have grown in Christ there, but they made me feel that every sexual feeling was bad.

However, masturbation can actually stimulate and provide a better sexual drive later in life. It, in a way, gets the juices flowing... and I don't mean that in a gross or literal way, though I suppose it is kind of literal... and makes it easier for when you finally are with that someone special...

And as for the whole lust thing, there are certain thoughts that can go with it, that aren't so holy... that's where the sin comes in. Because lusting is, like Jesus said, committing adultery.

Same here.  

Dark Chaotic Nightmare

13,425 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200

lordstar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:10 am
MISTYFAN4EVER8887
Well, here's how I view things. Because I tend to view things on that factual side of life, kinda like my parents.

So let's strip this topic down (pun intended) and look at things from the basics:

First, God created sex. And we all know God's invention are all made with a good intention (in other words God never screws anything up). So let's take this futher: God also must have invented everything that has to do with sex. Is it not considerable that God invented masterbation as well?

We all have sexual urges. There's nothing spiritually wrong with that. It's human nature. We've all gone through puberty at some point and we all know that it's kind of hard to go 20 years, or in some people's cases, 40 years (reference to the movie 40 Year Old Virgin) without commiting one single act of sexual conduct until they are eventually married?. So is it not thinkable to say that God invented masterbation so that we can "release" our humanly natural urges without sinning against him and having sex before marrige? Is that not possible?

Also, think of things from a medical science point of view: Masterbation is supposed to be very healthy for the male prostate. And think about females: If a female waited for sex for marriage and never masterbated once and then had sex at, like, 35 when they are actually married, wouldn't the "first time" hurt like 100 times worse then if they had masterbated before that time? Is that not concieveable? I don't know as much about the female sex system as other 21 year olds may but I do know enough to know that the first time a female has sex with a male that it hurts alot, and then it doesn't hurt again after that.

Seority

Child of the 80s

Same here.

you said "first time a female has sex with a male that it hurts alot, and then it doesn't hurt again after that."

this is not really the case
first time does hurt...a lot
second time...not so much but still painful
pain disapears more over time (depends on the set)
after a while without any action it is possible that the next time will also be painful

now then
somthing to think about
there is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to sex
guys...not difficult to figure out and most know their body rather well
gals little bit more difficult
if a woman doesn't know her own body we guys really don't have much to go off of. sure there is text (not all that helpful unless you understand the science mostly complex) , or how about immitation...not helpful because women are so radicaly different from eachother, hell there is even a mathmatical formula (not helpful since it only demonstrates a concept)

so that leaves us guys fairly well in the dark as far as understanding a womans body

if anyone asks...I was drunk at the time of posting
please ignore this post  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:31 pm
lordstar
MISTYFAN4EVER8887

Seority

Child of the 80s

Same here.

you said "first time a female has sex with a male that it hurts alot, and then it doesn't hurt again after that."

this is not really the case
first time does hurt...a lot
second time...not so much but still painful
pain disapears more over time (depends on the set)
after a while without any action it is possible that the next time will also be painful

now then
somthing to think about
there is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to sex
guys...not difficult to figure out and most know their body rather well
gals little bit more difficult
if a woman doesn't know her own body we guys really don't have much to go off of. sure there is text (not all that helpful unless you understand the science mostly complex) , or how about immitation...not helpful because women are so radicaly different from eachother, hell there is even a mathmatical formula (not helpful since it only demonstrates a concept)

so that leaves us guys fairly well in the dark as far as understanding a womans body

if anyone asks...I was drunk at the time of posting
please ignore this post

lolz its okay smile  

Dark Chaotic Nightmare

13,425 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff