Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
How music affects your Christian Faith?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eies3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:27 pm
hello, im new around and i wanted to get know some people, so i was wondering how many of you think music is a vital way for you to have that connection with your faith?? For me it's very important ecause i live my life around music and music was the first thing that got me into my Christian faith. Its still important to me today, playing for masses andother things. So how about you people??How does the music affect your faith??

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:21 pm
Music is very powerful
It connects the heart with the mind on a higher level of awareness
It can be used to tell stories, unite groups of people, alter moods (physical therapists need to be very careful with their patients because of this), and so much more
Music is indeed powerful; one only needs to listen to the message  

lordstar

promised_child

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:10 pm
yes, and dont forget the lyrics, they occationally dont mean what they seem to mean.... case in point- skillits those nights kept me alive. if you dont listen carefully, you miss the point and then your brain trie to go every where but the point.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:44 pm
music is important, because I feel like it helps me focus, and sometimes when I can't think of anything to really say to God - and I often find myself at a loss for words - the lyrics to certain songs are exactly what I wanted to say. I stop a lot and listen to the lyrics during worship just to really THINK about what I'm singing and to make sure it comes from my heart. So for me it's really improtant, but I owuldn't say vital. I think we should be able to worship God without music, because I've found that if you rely on music too much, than if something's off it's like you can't worship.  

Tarantellatears

dragongirl42391

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:20 am
Music is VERY important. I think, especially in the Christian faith, it's a way to spread a message. And in our case a very important message! I know music has affected my faith in that it help me to realize some very important things. Simple things, like it's all about love, I often need reminding of and having that powerful song just sticks it in my head so much clearer.
For me, personally, casting crowns is a big inspiration.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:56 am
yeah, i believe that music is important. its just we often forget about the meaning of the words... smile  

Onigiri-heart

tep

Benevolent Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:05 am
Music really helps my faith. I'm listening to Spoken right now, which is a really good Christian band. You should totally check them out. I actually use Christian Music to help me improve my faith a lot. Sometimes when I just have nothing to do around my house or something, I'll turn on some Christian music and just start rocking out and worshiping like crazy. I don't know how many other people do that, but here is one that does. I listen to Christian Screamo, I don't really like the light rock Christian stuff, but I like to think that when I'm head banging or just rocking out, that God and Jesus are pretty much right there loving that I'm doing it for them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:02 am
Actually, Christian music has helped me in a strange way.
Several years ago, Jessica Simpson was having a concert in our town (hardly anyone comes here) and my sister really wanted to go, but didn't have the money. She was trying to win tickets from a radio station but could only call after school. So, one day, I played hooky from school to try and win her tickets. I prayed to God that I could win the tickets so that I could make her really happy. After a couple of tries, I didn't get them (had to be caller ten and I think I only got caller eight). Then, I got this strange urge to start singing so I sang that song that starts out "In a secret, in a quiet place". Then the radio started the contest thing again so I started calling in again. I got caller one but I didn't care so much about winning as I did earlier so I just calmly sang my song while pressing the redial. Then, the guy on the phone said I was caller ten. I was so shocked that I started crying.
So, yeah. Christian music helped me win concert tickets.
rofl  

BunnyAperea

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:00 pm
for me, its just simply a way for me to praise my Lord in the open. its amazing very a group of Christians are praising the Lord together. its as if i can feel the presence of the Lord near us. it makes me want to reach up my hands and touch Him literally. and ive been known to do it too.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:53 am
Music helps me shift through my emotions and whether im writing music or just listening it helps me vent both sad and joyful emotions. It helps me focus and think about deeper things, even nonchristian music can do that for me.

It just all depends. But music is awesome  

ShenHazuki

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:16 pm
In my opinion, music sometimes touchs my soul, and sometimes just is there.

I would have to say though, that when I listen to a particularly beautiful song, it makes me realize how great and beautiful the world is and God is.

And then there are the sad, depressing songs which kinda do the opposite of the happy songs XD Anyways, it jjust depends on where and how I am listening to music for it to affect my faith~  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:17 pm
ShenHazuki
Music helps me shift through my emotions and whether im writing music or just listening it helps me vent both sad and joyful emotions. It helps me focus and think about deeper things, even nonchristian music can do that for me.

It just all depends. But music is awesome

I couldn't have said it better for myself!

I second what you just said~  

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

As The Pokeball Turns

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:13 pm
Yeah to me music is very important. I like listening not only to things about God but also songs that give people hope instead of getting people depressed.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:33 pm
Friendly Yoshi
Yeah to me music is very important. I like listening not only to things about God but also songs that give people hope instead of getting people depressed.

I see what your saying there, and I can relate XD And for me, sometimes music gives me good ideas for stuff biggrin  

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items