0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

ange de la musique xx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:01 am
Good idea. I wouldn't have the spirit to make many languages, though. I'll make my language, perhaps one or two others, but I can't see myself putting as much care and energy into many more than that.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:07 pm
Sano Parmandil
Welcome to the Conlang Shop!!

Actually, it's still not a shop, it's more like an idea I had some months ago.

There are very much writers on Gaia who would like a language for their worlds/histories but they don't know how or they're too much lazy to get into this. Also, many people would like having a language for themselves but don't have any interest in making them. Then, we could sell them a language one of us make. We have fun making it and we even get some gold in the end! razz

Of course, we could get too much requests at the same time, and we know that a language isn't made in a blink of eyes. Then, I'm asking if anyone would like to join this or at least support the idea.

If there is some support, we'll need to discuss the prices, make an opening (with an introduction about conlangs, of course), make the rules, etc.

Aaaand... I doubt anyone on this guild would be interested, but as I have very much free time, if someone want I'm open to conlang requests. razz

These are my inicial prices:

A very simple and not much developed language: 10,000 gold
A "medium-sized" language: 20,000 gold
A completely developed language with optional daughter languages: 30,000 gold (plus 12,000 gold for each aditional daughter language)

Vocabulary sold separatedly, at 10 gold per word.
would you perhaps consider highering anyone for your shop? I could use something like this as a job.  

Shen Trey

Shen Trey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:58 pm
um anywhoe, anyone wanna sell or buy stuff from me/or others?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:05 pm
I shall trade information if ye wish  

Shen Trey

Shen Trey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:19 pm
hm, no information for sell or trade?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:25 pm
Kawazoe Michiyo

Most people are probably offline right now. Even I'm going to bed. Be patient, come back tomorrow, and someone will probably have posted something if they're interested.  

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

Shen Trey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:28 pm
Forgedawn
Kawazoe Michiyo

Most people are probably offline right now. Even I'm going to bed. Be patient, come back tomorrow, and someone will probably have posted something if they're interested.
eh thanks for the advice ^_^ good idea, I cant help it my time zone is different from others though. oh and Good night *hai go'za*  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:05 pm
"doshte'li"
"hello all"  

Shen Trey

saker112

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:10 pm
Well, it's getting to be the end of the school year, but once summer comes and I have time, I'll help out any way I can. I'm alright with coming up with words, and I might be able to help with grammer here and there.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:25 pm
saker112
Well, it's getting to be the end of the school year, but once summer comes and I have time, I'll help out any way I can. I'm alright with coming up with words, and I might be able to help with grammer here and there.
SHWEET! domokun  

Shen Trey

Mizenki

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:29 pm
Mïz says...

I totally support this, I'd love to be involved.

I've done this before, actually. Didn't sell the language though, I just built it for a dear friend. No charge, that girl was awesome. x3 Where do I sign?

... that's what Mïz said.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:56 pm
Yeah, I have exactly 8 days of school left (5 if you don't count finals), so I should be able to do this soon.  

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Sano Parmandil
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:47 pm
So... does anyone still like and/or would like to contribute to this idea?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:32 pm
I think it's an interesting idea, though I do think you should charge more for it. I mean 30k is what people spend on avatar art commissions, let alone a fully developed language. Especially if you'd have multiple people involved.

I don't know how much business you'd get, but I do think it's a good idea anyway.  

Rhine Elmao

Ladykiller

The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas