Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)
Love Before Undeath (Romance/Horror Story)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaprinaePsi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:27 am
So I got the idea for this story after (kind of) participating in a zombie discussion in the Extended Discussion forum. Basically, the story is about a couple who, when they go to visit one's parents, find themselves trying to survive an outbreak of a virus that causes undeath in most living things (aka turns them into the zombies). The story follows them as they try to survive, and try to keep their relationship alive along with them. I only started writing it, so I only have the prolog, which introduces the main characters and shows how they react to an unpleasant situation. Read and review, please? : D

----------------------------------------------

Prolog: The a*****e Cop

It had been seven hours since John started driving, and he was starting to feel its effects. It was already night time and there were no other cars and that long and dark road. He could have been listening to music to distract himself, but he had decided against it, in order not to awaken his sleeping lover. In the passenger seat next to him lied John’s boyfriend Alex. They had been together since the end of their sophomore year of college, almost a year and a half ago, and John decided it was time Alex met his parents. John’s parents knew of their son but had never met any of his boyfriends, so being the considerate son that he was; John took advantage of the time off from school to visit his family and to introduce Alex to them.

Alex didn’t sleep that much anyways, a blue cop car passed by at such a high speed that the sound alone was enough to wake him up.

“What the hell was that?” Alex asked in a bothered tone, yawning afterwards. John laughed softly and replied,

“Just some a*****e cop. Go back to sleep.”

“Nah,” Alex replied, sitting up and yawning some more. “I’m not tired anymore, just a little drowsy.” He kissed John on the cheek and smiled. “How far are we?”

John smiled back,

“Still an hour until we get there, so pretty far.”

Alex groaned and closed his eyes. For a moment there was a comfortable silence, but it was ruined when John noticed a cop car, the same one that passed them not too long ago, parked strangely on the road, as if the driver had suddenly pressed the brakes. The driver’s side door was opened, and the window was cracked like if it was hit from the inside. Even more alarming was the body that was lying on the road next to the car. John slowed the car down and parked behind the cop car. He put it in neutral and before Alex was able to ask what he was doing, told him to stay in the car and call an ambulance.

He got out and ran over to the cop, standing back a couple of feet. He looked at the bleeding man and asked,

“Hey man, are you okay? What happened?”

For a moment the cop didn’t respond, so he asked again.

“Look, my friend is calling an ambulance, but say something if you’re still conscious.”

Once again, there was no response. John moved a little closer to the cop, before hearing him let out a strange moan. Worried, he ran over to the cop and moved him a little, suddenly jumping back when he saw the half-rotting face.

“Oh my god…” he whispered to himself, feeling sick to his stomach. He heard something in the cop car move and, before he was able ask who it was, a rotting head was pushed against the window, screaming like a banshee. About to throw up, he ran back to his car and got in, locking the doors. Alex, who had just got off the phone, was shocked by John’s sudden entrance. He screamed,

“s**t! Don’t do that! What the hell’s wrong with you?”

John kept his need to throw up down, and put the car in reverse, going back enough so that he could drive forward and past the cop car.

“Hey, what are you doing? We need to help that guy!” Alex said.

John was trembling, and was finding it hard to say a few words without feeling vomit go up his throat. Finally being able to keep it down for long enough, he told Alex what happened.

“That… that cop was… his face was rotting!”

“What!? What are you talking about?” Alex interrupted.

“I don’t know, when I pushed him over to get a look at him, half of his face was rotting. Then… when I stood back up, something pushed itself against the side of the car, and I could see its’ face…” he started crying, unable to understand what was happening. “It rotting too, but so much more, and when I looked at it, it started screaming.”

Alex, still unable to understand, was looking at John with a horrified and confused face.

“I still don’t understand… how could a person be rotting and still alive?”

“I-I don’t know… they just were!” John started crying more, so he wiped away the tears with his right hand, keeping the wheel steady with his left. “I’m not sure why, or how, or even what the hell those things were, I just know that we have to get out of here and get to my parents’ place.”

“What if they’re dangerous? What if they hurt somebody else? What if that cop is still alive and in a lot of pain?” Alex asked.

“Well… you called for help, right? They should get there soon and be able to help. We’re not too far from the city, so they should be there in no time.”

John was able to stop crying and keep the sick feeling down, but he was still scared of what he saw. He wasn’t sure what had just happened, and he wasn’t sure what was going to happen, he just hoped that it wasn’t a sign of things to come.

The rest of the car ride was in silence, with John not wanting to talk anymore of what happened, and Alex wondering what he could do. After they got to the city, it didn’t take long for them to get to John’s parents’ house. Only his mother was awake, so they decided to go to sleep and to talk in the morning. John and Alex slept in the same bed, but they didn’t say much to each other aside from good night.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:53 am
It sounds cool.

Let me know when you get the rest out. ^^  

Xx Kyu no Tsumi xX

4: The Three R's, (Lit) RP, Reviews, & Reports (Debate/Essays/Creative Writing)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games