Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Calling or being called? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:07 pm
um, hmmm...

well, one was there for as long as i could remember. while i read about her in grade school, i didn't seem to have the cognizant ability to associate her name with her presence. add in a little UPG, and you have what i have to this day.

a couple others have kinda just simply popped up in their own time, by research and/or chance. one by literally popping in my head when thanking my gods, one by simply being near every fire i build, and one by showing himself in the sky.

at the same time, while some i've approached more than they approached me (the latter i approached first with out knowing who he was really and him accepting me from there), it has been my choice to work with them from there.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:39 pm
Bast came to me in a dream.....and then to make sure I got the message, she smacked me upside the head. ^-^  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:50 pm
I'm starting to think the gods love clue by fours.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:37 pm
Nuri

At least one of mine does.

The rest are actually very subtle. Very very subtle.

In fact- some of them would never have been honored if it weren't for my Baba's writings.

For all I know, some of them are still not honored because I suck at translating and her handwriting is very hard to decipher.  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:47 am
Nuri

*thinks*
Heh, from my experiences, thats very true!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:33 pm
patch99329
Just a thought. If stuff KEEPS happening. Perhaps you should take it as something.

Poseidon threw things at me every single time I asked, but every time I just decided I was reading too much into things xd

XD! Yes, that might be an idea, hehe.. I haven't asked for a sign in a while, and things have been a little slow..

There's also the added problem of 'what constitutes as a sign', like you've been having, hehe.  

Maze

Sakura Kaite Pendragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:44 am
Honestly I don't know what God or Goddess is calling me. I had this experience last year when I was reading a book my ex-bestfriend lent me. It was book about runes I forgot the title, sorry. When I rephrased my name into the runes and formed a picture out of it the first thing that came into my mind was an arrow.

I know that arrows are related to Artemis but I more attached to the Norse gods and so it had me confused. Plus to the fact that I'm attracted to Loki in a weird way.

What does that all mean?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:38 am
I "called" for a long time but nothing happened until I realized I was looking for the wrong gods.

My first pagan exploration was very very Neo-/pseudoWiccan. So I tried to do rituals to the God and Goddess for years--actually until I started getting into this guild and realized I was talking to myself.

After I gave up on that, I guess I was open enough to hear from or notice signs from the Ones Who actually wanted me. They may have been there all along, but I wasn't aware enough, knowledgeable enough, or paying enough attention to realize it--I kind of go back and forth about it.

Eventually Sekhmet (or Bast) led me to Kemetic Orthodoxy, and that's where I am for now, at least for community purposes. I like having a community--I miss church--even if it's only online. But I imagine I would only gain more connections if I actually joined the religion, but I'm okay where I am for now.  

TheDisreputableDog

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:07 am
Sakura Kaite Pendragon
Honestly I don't know what God or Goddess is calling me. I had this experience last year when I was reading a book my ex-bestfriend lent me. It was book about runes I forgot the title, sorry. When I rephrased my name into the runes and formed a picture out of it the first thing that came into my mind was an arrow.

I know that arrows are related to Artemis but I more attached to the Norse gods and so it had me confused. Plus to the fact that I'm attracted to Loki in a weird way.

What does that all mean?

Honestly, I dont think its calling at all. Depending on how you arranged the runes forming your name, it could have resembled an arrow, which then would give you an image of one. Even if it didn't look like an arrow, its possible your mind was just flashing around. It happens all the time with me (It gets annoying when I'm trying to pay attention in class, and then all of a sudden I'm watching the Battle of Endor in my mind).

My guess would be that if it really is the sign of you being called, it will happen again. I would assume that if you are being called and dont get the hint, said caller would probably use the metaphorical 2x4 to get your attention. As to who it is, I would venture a guess that it isnt a Norse God. I haven't heard of any of them being symbolized with arrows, nor can I think of a single instance where bows were used by them either. If it is Artemis, I wonder why you were getting signs from her reading a book on Runes confused  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:13 pm
Aphrodite called to me. Back in High School we were listening to a story about Aphrodite and Eros and Psyche. Well, during the story Aphrodite gave Psyche 4 tasks. And 4 has always been my favorite number. then everything that I had felt before clicked. I am a very loving creature and lustful at times. A lot of things about Aphrodite just seemed to resonate within me.  

Milendil

Sakura Kaite Pendragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:17 am
PhantomPhoenix0
Sakura Kaite Pendragon

What does that all mean?

Honestly, I dont think its calling at all. Depending on how you arranged the runes forming your name, it could have resembled an arrow, which then would give you an image of one. Even if it didn't look like an arrow, its possible your mind was just flashing around. It happens all the time with me (It gets annoying when I'm trying to pay attention in class, and then all of a sudden I'm watching the Battle of Endor in my mind).

My guess would be that if it really is the sign of you being called, it will happen again. I would assume that if you are being called and dont get the hint, said caller would probably use the metaphorical 2x4 to get your attention. As to who it is, I would venture a guess that it isnt a Norse God. I haven't heard of any of them being symbolized with arrows, nor can I think of a single instance where bows were used by them either. If it is Artemis, I wonder why you were getting signs from her reading a book on Runes confused

That's what's puzzling. Oh and another thing. My dreams, since enering highschool are ofen getting real, deja vu, sometimes in symbols. I could only understand the dream when it happens. Like this one time I had a dream that me and my circle of friends where in a circle suddenly we all turned our backs and completly ignored and went on different directions. One of us headed north, the other south and so on. Plus about being disraced in class, I ofen get distracted and suddenly I couldn't remember what I did in between.

Is there something that needs to be told in beween those lines?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:41 am
Sakura Kaite Pendragon
Plus about being disraced in class, I ofen get distracted and suddenly I couldn't remember what I did in between.

Is there something that needs to be told in beween those lines?

Not nessicarily, and I was just giving an example of your mind flashing around (like I said, my mind is focused on class, then all of a sudden its Star Wars or something).

I wouldnt say there's anything special that happens during the "blackouts" you mentioned. So long as you dont snap back to reality to realise you had been doing Artemis stuff I'd say you're fine.

As for your dream, I'm no expert on them, so hopefully someone else can awnser your questions on it.  

PhantomPhoenix0

Sakura Kaite Pendragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:52 pm
Hopefully I someday find out my own god or goddess. All I need is patience right?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:57 am
I am an ordained pagan minister, a Runmal, and a chosen of Thonar... I am Asatruar... and believe me, they called... loud and long while I was finding myself...  

Damion5160

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:19 pm
Damion5160
I am an ordained pagan minister, a Runmal, and a chosen of Thonar... I am Asatruar... and believe me, they called... loud and long while I was finding myself...
Ordained through whom?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces