Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phishy Fish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:58 am
http://www.thebiblesite.org/

Help provide Bibles to persecuted Christians. :0  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:17 pm
Oh my gosh! this is like an answer to prayer! I was wanting to do something with the persecuted church fro my senior project, but I wasn't sure what or how! I just found my answer! Thank you so much! and it's through Open Doors too! whee  

Tarantellatears

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:43 pm
Phishy Fish

Persecuted Christians?
This sort of thing still happens??? (Apart from the Middle East)

Seems to me like Christians shouldn't be sticking there noses where they don't belong and thus ending this "persecution"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:09 am
lordstar
Phishy Fish

Persecuted Christians?

Seems to me like Christians shouldn't be sticking there noses where they don't belong and thus ending this "persecution"

Yes it still happens! All over the world! In MOST of the world in fact. and they're not sticking their noses out there! They live in countries where there is no freedom of religion, and they are killed just for being Christian and doing NOTHING. These people aren't like the Christians in America. These people put their lives on the line simply to read a single page from the bible. I don't think you understand the meaning of "persecution" this isn't people getting annoyed. THis is people getting tortured and KILLED for what they believe. We here i America can hardly comprehend that kind of faith. So don't you dare judge these people by america's standard of 'christian" don't you DARE compare the two.  

Tarantellatears

lordstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:39 am
thestarthatshines
lordstar
Phishy Fish

Persecuted Christians?

Yes it still happens! All over the world! In MOST of the world in fact. and they're not sticking their noses out there! They live in countries where there is no freedom of religion, and they are killed just for being Christian and doing NOTHING. These people aren't like the Christians in America. These people put their lives on the line simply to read a single page from the bible. I don't think you understand the meaning of "persecution" this isn't people getting annoyed. THis is people getting tortured and KILLED for what they believe. We here i America can hardly comprehend that kind of faith. So don't you dare judge these people by america's standard of 'christian" don't you DARE compare the two.

you didn't answer my question
Where about is this sort of thing still going on?
get a map and point please  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:31 pm
lordstar
thestarthatshines
lordstar
Phishy Fish

Persecuted Christians?

aside from the middle east? let's see china, North Korea, multiple countries through out africa, Europe, North America (including the US). persecution doesn't have to be just getting themselves killed but it is also being ridiculed for one's beliefs just b/c they are standing up for what's right (and yes doing it the right way). generally we think of persecution of the church in places where a person can and will be killed for their beliefs but that isn't always the case. Jesus said the world will hate us b/c of him. obviously he was right. The world loves the darkness and it's sin and can't stand anything that would want to bring those sins to light. b/c of that persecution is existent.  

trinity343

lordstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:02 pm
trinity343
lordstar
thestarthatshines
lordstar
Phishy Fish

Persecuted Christians?

aside from the middle east? let's see china, North Korea, multiple countries through out africa, Europe, North America (including the US). persecution doesn't have to be just getting themselves killed but it is also being ridiculed for one's beliefs just b/c they are standing up for what's right (and yes doing it the right way). generally we think of persecution of the church in places where a person can and will be killed for their beliefs but that isn't always the case. Jesus said the world will hate us b/c of him. obviously he was right. The world loves the darkness and it's sin and can't stand anything that would want to bring those sins to light. b/c of that persecution is existent.

It’s fine to read the bible in China but not to preach it. I will concede North Korea, Africa is a bit iffy, Europe is a definite no, and North America...your kidding right? I know you have explained that persecution isn't just people getting killed because of their beliefs but the way the word was presented we were not talking about ridicule. so again if Christians would learn to stop pushing their ways on others than they wont need to be removed. (A practice I approve of)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:14 am
lordstar
thestarthatshines
lordstar
Phishy Fish

Persecuted Christians?

Go to the website. A list of countries, along with the countries' locations on a map, is provided.  

Phishy Fish

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:58 am
lordstar
thestarthatshines
lordstar
Phishy Fish

Persecuted Christians?

India
China
Korea
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Iran
Iraq
Burma
Bangladesh
The Phillipeans
Indonesia
Malasyia
Sudan
Russia
Saudia Arabia
Somalia
Maldives
Bhutan
Yemen
Vietnam
Laos
Nigeria
Colombia
Southern Mexico
Uzbekistan
Andijan
Cuba
Ethiopia
Algeria
Tunisia
Morrocco
Libya
Egypt
Mauritania
Turkey
Nepal
Belarus
Brunei
Burma
Iraq
Syria
Israel
Kyrgystan
Comoros Islands

and if you'll notice, most of these are NOT in the middle east. They're in asia/africa. Enough for you? I can continue if you wish.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:59 pm
lordstar
trinity343
lordstar
thestarthatshines
lordstar
Phishy Fish

Persecuted Christians?

It’s fine to read the bible in China but not to preach it. I will concede North Korea, Africa is a bit iffy, Europe is a definite no, and North America...your kidding right? I know you have explained that persecution isn't just people getting killed because of their beliefs but the way the word was presented we were not talking about ridicule. so again if Christians would learn to stop pushing their ways on others than they wont need to be removed. (A practice I approve of)

I apologize for my rudeness earlier, but it's a touchy subject for me, as my brother is a missionary in one of these persecuted countries. I can therefore honestly tell you, that these christians do not push their religion on others as is done here in america. These people simply want to be left to worship in peace - they do not preach openly, they have only small churches that meet whenever they can - where ever they can, for fear of being caught simply for reading the bible. They aren't bothering anyone.

And Europe is a yes, a few of the countries I listed earlier are in europe: Russia, Belarus, and Turkey is in eurasia - halway between the two continents

and I'm sorry you feel that way, I really am. If that's the measure you've got of Christians it's a sad place indeed.  

Tarantellatears

lordstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:21 pm
thestarthatshines
lordstar
thestarthatshines
lordstar
Phishy Fish

Persecuted Christians?

North Korea
Burma
Bangladesh
Malasyia
Sudan
Somalia
Maldives
Bhutan
Laos
Nigeria
Andijan
Ethiopia
Algeria
Tunisia
Libya
Mauritania
Belarus
Brunei
Burma
Kyrgystan
Comoros Islands

I will concede these countries (mainly because I don't know much about many of them)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:46 pm
lordstar
trinity343
lordstar
thestarthatshines
lordstar
Phishy Fish

Persecuted Christians?

what about being jumped, cuz your family goes to church? what about someone larger than you threatening to throw you out a second story window because you have a cross on your cd case. these things happened to me in high school, right here in the good ol USA, ehich my husband is now serving in the Marines to protect. when these things happened, i was minding my own buisness. so explain what you mean by "pushing our ways on others". explain how answering a question in history class, ("do you believe that Jesus deserved the cross?"), merits being slammed into a locker. explain how that is merited. it does happen. alot.  

promised_child

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:32 pm
promised_child
lordstar
trinity343
lordstar
thestarthatshines

what about being jumped, cuz your family goes to church? what about someone larger than you threatening to throw you out a second story window because you have a cross on your cd case. these things happened to me in high school, right here in the good ol USA, ehich my husband is now serving in the Marines to protect. when these things happened, i was minding my own buisness. so explain what you mean by "pushing our ways on others". explain how answering a question in history class, ("do you believe that Jesus deserved the cross?"), merits being slammed into a locker. explain how that is merited. it does happen. alot.

You bring up a good point
what about high school? (I was expelled from certain locations for nothing more than being of Jewish blood)
I keep forgetting that not all US citizens enjoy the same rights that I do (due to age)

I would say that you were a victim of typical bullying (Not an action I approve of)

These people are not supported by any official power other than their own

now if your state were to pass a law saying all Christians must stay at home on Sundays (obvious abuse of power) we would be looking at a way different story

as for the answer you may have given in your history class
we are starting to get into more political views rather than religious
Do you support the death penalty? (FYI: It costs more to execute prisoners than to keep them in jail for life)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:32 pm
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
trinity343
lordstar
thestarthatshines

what about high school? (I was expelled from certain locations for nothing more than being of Jewish blood)
I keep forgetting that not all US citizens enjoy the same rights that I do (due to age)

I would say that you were a victim of typical bullying (Not an action I approve of)

now if your state were to pass a law saying all Christians must stay at home on Sundays (obvious abuse of power) we would be looking at a way different story

Do you support the death penalty? (FYI: It costs more to execute prisoners than to keep them in jail for life)

i answered the question in context with the book. the book even said that Jesus was innocent in roman eyes. the others just didnt do their homework. as for "bullying" it isnt bullying when the teachers do nothing about it, its the high school version of the stoning of steven. (the part where saul is watching and holding the coats- the Pharasee way of giving approval without actually participating). hows this the GSA only had 300 signatures and it was allowed to form. then the Bible study had to have 3000 signatures.  

promised_child

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:52 pm
promised_child
lordstar
promised_child
lordstar
trinity343

i answered the question in context with the book. the book even said that Jesus was innocent in roman eyes. the others just didnt do their homework. as for "bullying" it isnt bullying when the teachers do nothing about it, its the high school version of the stoning of steven. (the part where saul is watching and holding the coats- the Pharasee way of giving approval without actually participating). hows this the GSA only had 300 signatures and it was allowed to form. then the Bible study had to have 3000 signatures.

I have personally shut down Bible study groups on my campus. Why would I do such a thing? ALL must be welcome. Any exclusion of any group for any reason will result in a revoked charter. Does this mean your Bible study group was excluding anyone? No. Be very careful how you write your bylaws. What does all this mean? You can't have a club for Christians, however, you can have a club for Christians AND anyone who wants to show up. Perhaps a critical thinking club might take an in depth look at the Bible. Perhaps also looking at other texts.

Bottom line is
GSA is all inclusive
Christian club is not

If I was your student rep I would help to create your bylaws and demand Admin to grant your club a charter so long as your club remembers it's obligations to the student body

Think about why a teacher wouldn't protect their students.
There are some who really have no business teaching
and there are some who fear retaliation
Is the bully at fault? No.
Think about why someone would act that way.
Now, how do we fix the problem? Remove the bully? Or can we remove the reason that a person would act like a bully? The easy answer is just removing the bully. But that doesn't really help. As long as the condition for the creation of such actions still exist we will never be free of our problem.

(Always question your teachers and your textbooks. They are not neutral although many try very hard at it and some come extremely close)  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff