Reply [IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]
[PRP] We Are Strong (Johari & Laini)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asparegus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:36 pm
Laini made sure to put the fishing skills she had learned from Johari and had captured some fish for a meal to share with the others. It wouldn't be very filling but there would be others who had taken down grazers, she was sure. And thus no need to worry about feeding everybody. She had them carefully laid on on a palm leaf and thank goodness those leaves were long so that she could fit them all on it and still pull the thing. She headed back to where Muroki and Johari were because she was sure that's where all her friends would be ...or at least where some would be. The fish hadn't been cleaned or gutted but she was slightly clumsy when it came to that so she decided it was for the best to let everyone do it themselves.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:49 pm
"Laini, do you want some help with that?" Came the queen's (though friend first) call, approaching the teal lioness as she carried the fish back towards the group. She had been coming out of her shell at a rather rapid pace these days, finding it necessary in light of her mate's recent injury. These days she spent at his side or alongside the others helping with the duties to be shared. Closer and closer the day drew that they'd have to fight for their home, and the sand colored female was trying her best to prepare for it. Secretly, also, she knew she carried new life for the pride. She would be heavy with cubs before much longer, and hoped to put an end to the battle before that time. She did not want to leave the others to put their lives on the line while their rulers sat back and watched, and she was determined to stand for both she and Muroki since Muroki could not.

The only reason that he did not know yet, was so that he wouldn't worry...

"It'll be easier and quicker to pull with two." Johari smiled at the other female, moving along side her.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Asparegus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:01 pm
Laini smiled at her friend and her gracious offer. "Yes, thank you," she replied. The old Laini had never made friends easily. She was always selfish and a bit of a tease. Her friendship with Muroki had begun with an argument that somehow mended into a friendship. But the new person she was was grateful that she had gone through the horrible things she had to be who she was now. For otherwise, she would have found reasons to not be friends with Johari ...and none of them real reasons. Johari was good company and a real pleasure. She was the ideal mate in Laini's mind for her adopted brother and best friend. And Johari had gotten stronger since Muroki's accident, another reason for her to be admired.

"I just hope there's enough for everyone," she said, a weak attempt at humor.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:56 pm
Johari let loose a small chuckle to this, taking part of the leaf to help pull, speaking around it was a bit awkward, but she did manage to reply.

"The others will bring back something too, I'm sure, but even so, remember what I told you about fish before? Every little bit helps." The band would benefit from this portion, just by it providing variety and energy. Where it lacked in quantity it made up in quality.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Asparegus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:08 pm
Laini nodded. She trusted that they probably would. They sort of had to. At the moment, the pride had no choice but to be a tight-nit community. "Yes, indeed." she stared back down at the fish. "Do you think we could ever find a cure for injuries." They both knew of whom they were talking about. Their strong leader who had brought them here. He had been the pillar of strength but now it was their turn. She wasn't afraid of responsibility. It was just... she missed that energy. And she wanted to find a way to get him his life back.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:54 pm
Hearing this question, Johari's mood slowly grew softer and a little somber, her thoughts racing with a dull hum.

It would mean the world to her to have Muroki back at full strength and health like before... She'd never felt so angry before in her entire life than she did when she found out what the buzzards had done to him, and it was also the first time she'd found herself unable to let go of such anger. The birds would regret this, she'd sworn, and they would. They'd take back Muroki's home, and she'd do everything she could to make sure that he was comfortable and happy until he hopefully felt better again, for him, and for their unborn children, and the rest of their family that was now counting on her for leadership.

"I'm not sure... soon, I do hope we will. There was an herbalist back in my old home pride, maybe after this war is done we'll see about sending for her, to ask if there's anything that can be done. All else we can really do is pray and have faith."

She believed in Muroki, and so long as he was alive and showing no signs otherwise, she knew that this would not get the better of her betrothed. The only question in her mind was when. When would he be well again?

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Asparegus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:21 pm
Laini nodded. She knew that it had to affect Johari more than anyone else. She was closer to him than Laini was so she could only guess at how much she was dealing with. She had to admit that she had been deeply effected by the incident. Everyone had.

"I hope there's something she can do." Laini would go get her herself if she had to. "I'm sure we have more than faith though, Jo, I'm sure." I'm sure... She repeated it to herself like a mantra and drew strength from it. It was amazing what could happen when your pillar was robbed out from under you.

She looked at Johari though and saw those thoughts about the vultures. "Don't worry about it. We'll get them."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:01 pm
"Yes..." She smiled a bit sadly to the vulture comment, but her answer was to both. ".... Laini... There's actually something that I've been meaning to tell Muroki, you, and the others, but... with him hurt now... I need for you to promise that you'll keep it to yourself if I do tell you now."

She looked at her carefully but curious. She wanted to know what was happening but didn't want to appear too eager. Something might have changed with Johari and she wanted to guess that but they had all changed. Maybe she had found something out, discovered something that could help their cause. "I promise I will keep the secret." But if it could help them in the fight, she hadn't promised she wouldn't try to do something about it.  

Asparegus

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:05 pm
A few seconds pause, and finally Johari nodded softly again, setting down the leaf to free her jaws to talk properly. She trusted Laini, who had become a close friend over their journey, as was inevitable with how close she and Muroki were. She also hoped that Laini would understand her reasoning... With Muroki injured, leadership in that final battle WOULD fall on Johari's shoulders, and she would be damned before she'd fail the position Muroki entrusted her with.

"... I'm carrying new life, Muroki's cubs." She murmered, ducking her head some as well, to appear as if she were simply resting, should anyone be looking their way.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:24 pm
Laini's jaw almost dropped. Pregnant. So they had done the dirty deed. Not that that was a problem. But whoa. She smiled, "that's so great!" New life for the Dawnwalkers. It was just the sort of uplifting thing they needed. "It's so great. Now I'm going to be watching you, you hear! You need to start eating more. As your friend, I'm now your nutritionist!" She said it in a light-hearted tone but she meant it.  

Asparegus

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:32 am
Surprised, the queen's eyes widened, and if lions were capable of such things, or at least showing such things, Johari would have blushed fiercely. She certainly didn't mind Laini looking out for her though, as long as the cubs stayed alright, and the secret kept.

"L-Laini..."

She didn't know what else to say, her ears quivering and folding down some with a feline equivalent of the aforementioned blush. Still, she smiled, even if embarrassed.

"I'm glad you think so, too."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:40 am
"Of course I think so. Just imagine how happy of a surprise it'll be when you decide to tell them!" She made sure to mention that it would be Johari revealing the secret so that her friend didn't misunderstand her and think that she meant otherwise. "Don't worry, Jo. Only good things can come from this."  

Asparegus

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:54 am
This time, with confidence restored, Johari smiled, purring gratefully and nuzzled her friend briefly.

"Thank you, Laini... I'll be glad when we're able to give them the news. I can't wait to see how Muroki will react." She laughed a bit, feeling the shy uncertainty flee once more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:59 am
Laini smiled joyfully at Johari, exchanging a glance that said how enjoyable it'd be to see their expressions. Looking back down at the leaf of fish and then back up, she laughed light-heartedly now lets get these back to everyone before the flies beat us to them." And with that, she picked up the leaf and continued their tiny trek.  

Asparegus

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff