Aoaka held a sleeping Debi in his arms gingerly, his whole air one of tired nervousness. He'd been suddenly "blessed" with her presence about a week or two ago, and was still adjusting to the situation... and there was a lot to adjust to.

One of his first thoughts had been that Pol always seemed to be good with kids, maybe she could help. But between two busy schedules, he hadn't been able to find her and ask what he should do... and now he was worried Pol would be upset with him for waiting so long. But what else could he have done?

Finally, he'd managed to get a message out to her, asking her to meet him at the edge of the forest by the Healing House. He'd explained that he was taking care of a little girl now, and could use some advice... or even just a friendly voice to keep him from imploding under the second-guessing he was putting himself through.

Which left him sitting on the sand with a thankfully sleeping baby resting comfortably in his arms, for now, and waiting for the Pae he loved to meet him. He hoped this went well....

Please be a good baby, Debi... no screaming or hair pulling... I hope it's not my fault. I hope Pol is okay with this... He gently pushed the little curl of hair from Debi's forehead as he thought his, and slumped forward a little in a sigh.