[PRV]Slithering your way [Janja and Nyoka]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:47 am
User Image

Curled up in the grass, blending rather well, was the snake Janja'Nyoka. She was sleeping with her tail falling over her head curled up tightly. The seasons were changing and things were growing colder, calling for her to relocate from the humid jungle that had been her home for so long. Being out here in the sun away from the almost always shadowy lands felt so nice and the heat felt good against her scales.

The serpent didn't know how long she had been in these foreign lands and she , frankly, didn't care to really think about it. As far as she was concerned as long as she liked the area she was content. And she was. Simple right? She would think so.

Shifting in her sleep she woke herself up lifting her head out of the grass to survey the area around her. Checking to make sure no large creatures were headed her way to possibly step on her. She didn't like almost being stepped on and relaxed when she saw no one approaching thus settling back down to continue her nap.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:55 am
User Image

Nyoka had decided that enough was enough. He was fed up with being thrown around, fed up of being treated like an accessory to an insane young Goddess. All he wanted now was peace and quiet, the jungle and some intelligent conversation.

Sadly all the animals around here seemed lazy and the little lizards certainly didn't want conversation with an animal that could very well have them for lunch.

So, all alone, the snake slithered across teh sand, glad atleast that it was warm enough to make him content.

He was therefore mildly surprised that a flicker of his tongue brought the scent of another of his kind. So, altering his course, he headed her way, moving smoothly across the ground. He soon spotted her green body and raised his head up, hissing low in greeting.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:05 am
Once again she was woken from her sleep, well from falling asleep. This however was not her intention, it was the low hiss that had woken her, resulting in her lifting her head. Her dark gold eyes found him with ease. It was hard to miss one of her own kind, there were certain signs that let one know where they were, that and he had stuck his head up making it obvious of where he was. The colors of his scales helped show him as well. Green on a bed of pale sand.

Janja said nothing merely watched as he slithered towards her, waiting before she would decide to speak. "Hello." she said rather calmly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:57 am
"It hasss been ssso long sssince I sssaw one of my own that I hardly recognissse one when I ssse one." He laughed and the hissing sound was rather unpleasant to those not of snake-kind. He hadn't expected to come across a snake out here, especially a green one!

"From your ssscalesss I'd guesss you weren't from around here. A traveller like myssself? I am Nyoka, originally of the jungle." He raised his tail in a snake equivalent of a shrug. "What I'm doing here now isss anyone'sss guesss. Dragged acrosss the land by a lion who ssshould never have been given wingsss."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:42 pm
Janja nodded in agreement, even in the jungle she rarely saw another snake, making it in her opinion a boring place. You could only take so much of another species. "Perhapssss we are a dying breed." she said letting her tongue roll out her words.

She nodded at his words. "You are correct, though a traveler I am not." she shook her head to emphasize this. "I jusssssst happened to be seeking warmer landssss." she explained knowing that she would probably return to the jungle whenever the maned wolf returned to take her back. "I too am from the jungle. The namesss Janja'Nyoka." she told him before pausing squinting. "Have we met before?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:04 pm
A dying breed? He had never thought about that but maybe she was correct. Concern was not something Nyoka usually felt, but he was certainly feeling it now. "A sssnake hasss itsss poissson, it cannot die out completely." He flicked his tongue and tipped his head.

"Maybe ssso, maybe ssso, though I think my charge'sss confusssion may have rubbed off on me. Ssshe'sss a goddesss you sssee but, that'sss a sssecret for now. Apologiesss for forgetfulnessss on my part."

"Ssso, you have not ssseen one of oursss for a long time? That isss a worry. Thessse darn furriesss are taking over. We cannot let that happen."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:27 am
"All creaturessss have sssssome sssssort of defenssssse yet you sssstill sssssee ssssome die out." Janja replied as insightfully as she could. Flicking her tail she tilted her head in a questioning style. "A goddesssss? Interessssting." she commented with a pointed smile.

Shaking her head she replied, "No I have not. You are the firssssst I have sssseen in ssssome time," she paused inhaling deeply. "I ssssee more and more four leggerssss everyday." she said disgust in her voice. She had nothing against the four legged felines but she hated seeing so many more of them than anything else. "We cannot, I agree. How do you proposssse we sssstop it?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:30 am
It was true, creatures died out often, though perhaps not as often as Nyoka believed. However, he was worried, he hadn't seen another snake in a long time and he had craved companionship. What would he do if he was one of the last? He couldn't bare to think it! He turned his head to Janja and nodded, his tongue flicking. "Then we mussst make sssure to keep ourssselved out of danger, to make sssure we don't join our kin." He continued. "What can be done? Our poissson would work on them, but if we were targetted as fur-killersss then they'd come ssstomp on usss with their ungraceful pawsss."

He spat and wriggled his body angrily. "Goddessessss are irritating creaturesss, worssse than mossst, but ssshe doesss come in handy on occassssion." He gave hissing laughter. "But I don't like thisss place asss much asss ssshe doesss. Not enough greenery for my liking. Hunting isss hard."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:48 am
"It would be a pity for sssssuch a lovely racce as ourssss to die out." Janja replied with a sharp nod. She soon fell silent listening to his words intently. There was no way they could lower the populations of other species so that would be an option, no they would probably destroy themselves if they went that route.

"If we cannot get rid of the pessssty felinessss then we'll have to find a way to help our numbersss grow." she commented with a flick of her tongue. Of course there were only so many ways to do that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:33 am
He canted his head and a dark tongue slithered between his scaled lips. Curiosity glittered in those piercing eyes, a curiosity that had him edging closer. He missed intelligent conversation, missed the sound of a serpent's voice.

"Extinction isss not an option." He agreed. "What do you have in mind? A sssearch? A plea for help? Or..." He puffed out his neck proudly, enjoying the glitter of the sun on his scales.

"Perhapsss...sssomething elssse?" He danced around the subject, not because of embarrassment, but because of uncertainty. Young serpents meant a lot of work and Nyoka wasn't sure he was up for it. Besides, really, what female would be interested in him?

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:33 am
"My dear Nyoka," the female began as she slithered closer to the male. "our time may be growing ssshort here if we do not act fasssst. You are the firsssst ssssnake I've come acrosssss in agessss." she halted in her words waiting for them to sink in. Would he understand what she was hinting at? Would he be willing? "There alsssso is much too much land for the two of ussss to cover ssssso..." she left off there, letting him fill in the rest.

A smirk had settled upon her green features as she cocked a brow waiting. It certainly shouldn't take him long to figure out what she was asking of him. If so then he might be too dense for her liking.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:18 am
"Then asss isss proper, we mussst take care of thisss sssituation ourssselvesss. There are no othersss who can help." He moved closer, raising his head high so that it swayed in the breeze.

"Perhapsss our meeting here wasss fate. Perhapsss sssomeday we ssshall be the onesss resssponsssible for ensssuring our sssurvival." He chuckled. "Either way, if you accept me asss...a mate of sssortsss, then I ssshall do all in my power to make sssure the young onesss are kept sssafe. Besssidesss, my Goddesssss hasss an affinity for sssnakesss, ssshe could asssissst usss like the ssservant ssshe isss."

He paused, canted his head thoughtfully. "Besssidesss, we make a good match, both sssound of mind, sssharp of wit. We could breed sssurvivorsss of the very bessst kind."

Odd. But Nyoka was no flirt, nor was he a romantic. He had never so much as taken an interest in mating, before now when it was clear that their species was certainly dwindling. He loved his kin and there was no way he'd sit back and watch them die. If this was the only way he could help, he would do so.

Besides, Janja certainly did shine beautifully in the sun.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:06 am
Perfect Janja thought when he affirmed that he was willing. She flicked her tongue out at him before nodding. "A mate of sssortsss you sssshall be." she confirmed before moving along. "You are correct any offssssspring of oursss would be brilliant, undoubtedly taking the world by sssstorm." she whispered.

The female never thought much about mating, although she was quite the flirt when the situation presented itself for being one good to do so. Janja was a picky female not willing to give herself up to just any male, but for Nyoka she was willing to make an exception. The survival of their species could very well depend on the pair.

Janja looked favorably upon Nyoka, he wasn't bad looking and he had the brains and wits she so often craved for. They would make a splendid pair if not splendid offspring.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:29 pm
Flattery was certainly Nyoka's weakness. Flattery reflected back on himself would have him coiling with pride. He flicked a dark tongue between his lips, turning his arrow-shaped head back to the way he had come. From here the pride's outskirts could be seen, the oasis shimmering in the heatwave.

"Then asss your sssoon-to-be-mate I mussst do my job and keep you sssafe. Let me introduce you to my Goddesssss, the den ssshe ssstaysss in will keep any eggsss sssafe from thossse awful egg-eating lizardsss." Yes, apparently a lizard eating an egg was a terrible crime, though it was fine enough if a snake feasted upon a lizard's poor clutch.

He started in the direction for Rokopelli's den, pausing to make sure Janja was in agreement. "Unlike usss, the Goddessss isss certainly lacking in brainpower. I've been with her in hopesss that ssshe would come in handy." He chuckled. He certainly had no love for the little Goddess, though Rokopelli thought the world of him.

"Ssshe would love to meet you. Though I warn you, ssshe may prove a...tad irritating." And his words ended in hissing laughter.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:55 am
Janja smirked as he accepted to her mate. Nodding she slithered after him listening to his words. "Thossse lizardssss are quite awful." she agree shuddering at the thought of them completely ignoring the fact that they preyed upon the lizard's offspring. Snakes were a more important species that egg-eating lizards ever were.

"We sssshall sssssee...." she responded flicking out her tongue with a light smile upon her lips as she followed him, letting silence settle between them comfortably.

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games