Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Constructed Languages Guild
You're too obsessed with creating conlangs when... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

asdfasdf22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:30 am
When you sing a song containing nothing but cursing in fantasy
languages that don't even yet exist.  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:51 am
asdfasdf22

Guilty ninja

...when you can't write a story because you don't have enough of your conlang down on paper/spreadsheet to do complicated sentences...also guilty.

Azaurmyth

Devoted Reveler

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:25 am
When you feel really really proud of yourself when you're able to write your facebook status in your language, and even prouder when one of your friends has a vague idea of what you're saying without you telling them xd  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:05 am
...when you get all excited about relearning one you've put aside because your boyfriend wants to use it in his game (ZOMG that made me so happy! whee )

...when you think that if he wants to use it for a project, that must mean he wants to learn it, even if he is expressing otherwise you hold onto this notion when faced with loads of evidence against it because it would be JUST THAT COOL if you could speak it with him

Yup. And howdy everyone! I'm back from falling off the Earth for a few years. xD  

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

asdfasdf22

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 pm
Azaurmyth
asdfasdf22

Guilty ninja

...when you can't write a story because you don't have enough of your conlang down on paper/spreadsheet to do complicated sentences...also guilty.

Guilty and Guilty,  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:42 pm
A: When you accidentally sign your name in your con-script and don't realize it until the cashier looks at it confused.

B: You just went through a two hour finals test in college and get a complete zero, because you wrote down all the answers in your conlang.

Both, true stories... crying  

Song Wei

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:32 pm
...you can't fit all of your conlang's information onto one google doc document. (it is much easier to work on it from more than one computer, and to allow my friends to see what I have done)

...you no longer say "I love you" in English to your close friends (probably one already like that on here, haha)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:03 pm
Trey Shang
A: When you accidentally sign your name in your con-script and don't realize it until the cashier looks at it confused.

B: You just went through a two hour finals test in college and get a complete zero, because you wrote down all the answers in your conlang.

Both, true stories... crying
That's awesome. 8D  

Henneth Annun

Azaurmyth

Devoted Reveler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:42 am
eiei...OMGWTFBBQ
When you feel really really proud of yourself when you're able to write your facebook status in your language, and even prouder when one of your friends has a vague idea of what you're saying without you telling them xd

The bolded statement... ninja you guessed it...I'm guilty sweatdrop

...when you go through all six pages of the list to make sure you have (or haven't) done any of them...yet...also guilty...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:30 pm
Azaurmyth
eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

The bolded statement... ninja you guessed it...I'm guilty sweatdrop

...when you go through all six pages of the list to make sure you have (or haven't) done any of them...yet...also guilty...
Here's one, when you have created a verb "to like on facebook" for your language.
Nu tiyora'a hu'zi sagu yan tu hiva'i okin facebook.
("I would 'like' your story if it was on facebook".)
Another little example of my most recent conlang, a very simple one made up for my friends and I.  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

Heylola2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:34 pm
...When you accidentally write this in your conlang and then go through (with an English dictionary!!) to translate it into English as well as you can (but still doesn't express what you wanted).

...When you buy over 300 language and anthropological books, just to use for your conlang (guilty!!) (I have a database online now, just to keep track of them! I'm organizing them into Dewey DS soon. <3 )  
The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff