Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Constructed Languages Guild
You're too obsessed with creating conlangs when... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sano Parmandil
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:39 pm
... when you revive a topic like this one because you thought it was interesting and you want to see what others will put. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:25 pm
...when you stare at a doodle in your notebook and decide that if you pull apart those lines, you'd get a cool alphabet, but with too few letters, then spend the next hour thinking of all the ways to make that work instead of taking notes (in one of your Core Classes)  

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

Sano Parmandil
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:38 pm
...when you start learning different languages just to make better conlangs 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:44 pm
Sano Parmandil
...when you start learning different languages just to make better conlangs 3nodding

I can take this one step further....

When you major in Linguistics in college just so you can refine your conlang. redface  

Eollodwyn

Azaurmyth

Devoted Reveler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:29 pm
...When you start looking up lists of words that no one in the English language ever uses so that you can have more words....

did this with irregular verbs  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:32 pm
DBZ Rocks My Socks

... When you start translating your favorite songs into your conlang.

... When you grow to like your conlang's version of said song better than the original. (*coughcolorsofthewindcough*)

I love that song, so of course I must ask if I can see your version xd

... When your parents ask you what you want for Christmas and you tell them you want a dictionary in order to have an always on hand list of words to be added to your conlang.

... When, in the course of reading this list, you see more than a few things that make you say, "Hey, that's a good idea!"  

gal_girl_99

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:56 pm
When you make verbs for things ridiculous things like "to shove a banana down a pipe" or "to make breakfast on (and only on) friday".

---

Defenstrate has to be my favorite verb in English. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:52 pm
aj_gamer

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=6609297&page=3

Scroll down a bit, but it's there. =)

Let's see...

... when you start writing a book whose only purpose is to get some publicity for your conlang. (Technically applies to Kitsune, not me.)  

Goddess Rukus

Sparkly Gekko

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:18 pm
When you begin translating the entire Völsunga Saga just to get more vocabulary. xd

I'm starting with Chapter 14....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:45 pm
DBZ Rocks My Socks
aj_gamer

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=6609297&page=3

Scroll down a bit, but it's there. =)

Let's see...

... when you start writing a book whose only purpose is to get some publicity for your conlang. (Technically applies to Kitsune, not me.)

Very pretty heart

...When you stay up way too late just to have time to copy down all of your new vocab  

gal_girl_99

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:40 pm
aj_gamer

...When you stay up way too late just to have time to copy down all of your new vocab

...when you stay up all night reading the entirety of the required text for your linguistics course. (Will soon be true for me. Muaha.)

@Lissa: Hey, common! That's not entirely true! *coughmaybealittlethoughcough*  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:24 am
...When you obsess over other languages so much that you neglect and forget your native language. (Does not apply to me, but I've heard of it happening before.)  

Woglinde

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:17 pm
Woglinde
...When you obsess over other languages so much that you neglect and forget your native language. (Does not apply to me, but I've heard of it happening before.)
I can definitley see this happening to me.

I think I'm subconsiously trying to get this to happen.... eek  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:50 pm
... when you see an interesting avatar here on gaia and start to wonder what kind of language a race of people who look like that might speak.  

Tweezle

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:02 pm
Tweezle
... when you see an interesting avatar here on gaia and start to wonder what kind of language a race of people who look like that might speak.
What would mine speak?

pirate  
The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas