Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Fertility and Gynecology Subforum
Question about getting pregnant

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

First Lady Knight

4,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:23 pm
My boyfriend and I have been talking about having sex in the near future and he's worried I'd get pregnant if we don't use a condom. Well my real question is, can I still get pregnant if my periods are already and still irregular from my first period ever? I have them like once every two months nows, or sometimes even more but no more than six months. Can I still get pregnant even though I'm that irregular?

(And I have talked to a doctor about me being irregular, and she said to talk to her again after I'm 18 if it still hasn't cycled right yet. I'll be 18 in the end of Jan so yeah...)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:08 pm
Of course. Many women have irregular periods, but that certainly does not mean that they are not able to conceive. It just means it might make it difficult to know when they are ovulating.

So you would certainly have to make sure you use at least one form of birth control. If you plan on having sex soon, you should probably pick up a box of condoms, get a pap smear, and talk to an ob-gyn about your other birth control options.  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

Mighty Selkie_girl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:47 am
im wicked irregular and i got preg....of course u can.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:17 pm
Just as the others have said, you can still get pregnant. I suggest you use condoms. If you feel uncomfortable buying them at the store, you can get them at a clinic for free. If you want to be even more safe, use a condom while on the pill.  

Jentern

Sparkly Phantom

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100
Fertility and Gynecology Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items