Chatterbox! talk here!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

screaming_hawk
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:35 pm
hello everyone! feel free to express yourself here, with... whatever you want! have fun  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:19 pm
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm not new to Gaia, this is just a new...ish account.

I'd play Magic: the Gathering for many years and always saw the wall of Warhammer minis in the game shop. At the time the dollar cost seemed to high, and I wasn't all the big on painting. However, after painting miniatures for D&D I warmed up to the idea, but didn't get into it because I didn't have any friends that played.

Then came the release of Dawn of War for the PC. The rich audio of the game brought the 40k universe to life and got my friends psyched about getting into the game. We showed up at the game shop of few times on Warhammer Night, and got a feel for what the tabletop game was all about.

Now a year or so later I have a 1500 pt Salamanders Chapter Space Marine army, and a 1000 pt Sisters of Battle army. I intend to get a 1000 point Necron army for christmas.

My friends bought a Tau army and a Chaos army, and I've made another friend in recent years who has a 3500 pt Ultramarines army and a 3000 point Eldar Ulthwe army.

The new Apocalypse rules expansion seems cool, but I haven't had a chance to read a copy, only know what I've heard from other people.  

Hellstark

screaming_hawk
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:31 pm
Eh, to tell ya the truth chosen, the new Apocalypse expansion isnt as good as it looks.
Your entier team only has 20 minutes to move, shoot, and assault, along with everything else. The board tends to be really cramped, especialy if you have a Leman Russ maniac Imperial army on your team.
So its not as fun as it looks, with alot of aruing, if you need more info, ask Drigler, he was in the battle with me, along with 7 other ppl, lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:43 pm
Well the only reason that the board was crowded was probably one of 2 things
the first thing is there was too much scenery and not enough room to host all the units needed
the second possibly is that your point value was set too high and the units you or your teammates used were unnecessary for example, when i played my brother in a apocalypse battle I was playing necrons while he was playing his Space Marines, He used a handful of powerful units, his command squad alone took up 300 points and it was godlike in power and I used a lot of units such as heavy destroyers, and mass amounts of flayed ones, and so on, he ended up winning xd
There are things each army have that bring up their power or it could be their downfall, Im going to use Tau and Eldar as an example, The tau (only tau, no kroot) are your basic, stand back shoot and pray to god they dont get into close combat, the eldar on the other hand are your all around army, they have something to combat everything, their dark reapers can take down terminators, swooping hawks are your kill large groups by deepstiking in and out of battle and your Dire avengers are meant to go in shoot up the place with the blade storm ability.
anyways my point is that you should choose your units wisely and use power not numbers, remember the saying "quality is better than quantity"  

Eldar Pheonix Lord

Apocalypse: An official Warhammer 40k guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff