Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:01 pm
This thread is for rules questions.

You may ask for clarifications such as, "how many models are needed for a proper rank bonus?", or "can pistols be fired in close combat?"

NOT "What does M, WS, BS, S, T etc. mean on the stat line?"

To sum up

Violaters will be told to buy a rulebook/army book/etc.

-KK  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:26 am
Use now, peasants of our forums.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Drachyench

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:09 pm
By the technicality of Beastman 'Raider' rules, does that mean Beastmen get the rank bonus while remaining only four-wide?

Similarly, should Snikch's three weeping blades be cumulative?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:50 am
I'm going to have to say that beastmen need to be five wide to get their rank bonus, just like any other army. Look at the newest Dwarf army book, it mentions rank bonuses from four wide in there because it was one of the last army books to be published before the new edition, but they still need to be five wide to get a rank.

As for Snikch, I'm pretty sure his weeping blades are cumulative, to a certain extent. His rules said something along the lines of him getting +2 strength and a total of +2 extra attacks every round.

Razorith Vulsroy

Drachyench

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:49 pm
Razorith Vulsroy

As for Snikch, I'm pretty sure his weeping blades are cumulative, to a certain extent. His rules said something along the lines of him getting +2 strength and a total of +2 extra attacks every round.

Actually, all that's mentioned for him is his additional attacks. Which is why I'm asking.

If so, he greatly becomes more powerful with 6 WS9 I10 S7 attacks causing 3d3 wounds each hit (Basically, 3-6 dead Ogres a round).

And the reason I mention it for Beastmen is that Raiders is a special rule for Skirmishers, and not a normal unit. If Beastmen were just in a constant 'loose formation' that went back to normal upon reaching combat, it would be something different.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:03 am
Can a Dark Emissary be an army general?

It says he counts as a hero choice. confused

El Lubricabre

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:27 am
I doubt he can, since it's an "ally" so to say. o 3o;

I'm not sure though... I need to check this up sometime... o:

Also, about the Raiders rule, I have a late reply.

Since GW won't change books anymore with erratas they have to rank up 4, and so loose their ranks all along, unless you do like we do over here, ask your opponent if you can fill up each rank with 5 instead of 4 so that they can use the ranks which they're supposed to do.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:32 pm
Shinobi_8745

Since GW won't change books anymore with erratas they have to rank up 4, and so loose their ranks all along, unless you do like we do over here, ask your opponent if you can fill up each rank with 5 instead of 4 so that they can use the ranks which they're supposed to do.

I thought the rule for Raiders was they had to rank to AT LEAST 4, and not EXACTLY 4?

If exactly 4, than everyone at my store has been playing wrong. While they get rank bonus' here at 5+, they are lined similar to regular skirmishers (So if a 5-wide unit with 25mm bases hit them, they'd be 7 wide[Maximum Basage]).  

Drachyench

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Shinobi_8745

I thought the rule for Raiders was they had to rank to AT LEAST 4, and not EXACTLY 4?

If exactly 4, than everyone at my store has been playing wrong. While they get rank bonus' here at 5+, they are lined similar to regular skirmishers (So if a 5-wide unit with 25mm bases hit them, they'd be 7 wide[Maximum Basage]).

I'm not too sure what the book says... o 3o

I need to check this one up.

Edit: Checked it, and as I see it's as you say, I got it all wrong from the beginning, there aren't many beasts of chaos players around here so I'm not familiar with them, shouldn't have said anything before researching, my bad. xD;;;

Anyways, they should get a rankbonus as other units when 5+ wide since the rulebook overrules other special rules etc as far as I know.

So they line up as normal skirmishers in other words, if they are charged by a chariot they must rank up 4 wide, and not 5 as they only rank up so that the maximum number of rank-and-file models can get in base-to-base contact, and therefore loose their ranks. o 3o

I think it's time for me to re-visit the books of the gaming-club again... xD;;;  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:22 pm
a friend of mine asked me the other day, "can a wizard march and still cast spells" i'm almost 100 % sure he can i just want some clarification  

razer_ice_hanyou

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:38 pm
No he can't. Marching units can't shoot or fight, so marching wizards cannot cast spells.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:17 am
Lt. Brookman
No he can't. Marching units can't shoot or fight, so marching wizards cannot cast spells.
Uuuuh yes they can.

They can even use magic if they failed a charge.

Magic have nothing to do with shooting or fighting, since it's done in the magic phase. :B

I have the rulebook infront of me, and they're able to use spells even when marching since it clearly states that below marching that they can.  

Shinobi_8745

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:59 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
By the technicality of Beastman 'Raider' rules, does that mean Beastmen get the rank bonus while remaining only four-wide?

Similarly, should Snikch's three weeping blades be cumulative?

No, Beastmen do not get rank rank bonuses for being four models wide, they need to be five wide before rank bonus are given. GW dropped the ball on when reworking the Beastmen faq, you should go there and read for yourself. They'll tell you to rank four wide, and "not is what required for rank bonus." Also, Snikch's weeping blades only add +1 to his strength, it says so in his rules that he only gets the +1, he only get +2 attacks for carring two more weeping blades.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:43 pm
How do the point systems of WHFB compare to those of 40k? Does "1000pt army" have the same implications, or is it bigger, smaller?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:39 pm
As with 40k, it depends on the army. Gobbo armies can be large masses of troops in the hundreds, while Ogre armies can be made up of less than thirty models for that amount.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff