Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Tarot and Personal Tastes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:21 pm
So I was hunting for my next deck- and believe me, this is not an easy thing because I am frickin' picky. (Currently putting together my own deck but it won't be finished in time for what I need one for).

Anyway- I came across this and I thought of Fiddler.

So here's the challenge- post the deck and the person it reminds you of (more the better if it is someone here from Gaia) and why.

Fiddler likes teddy bears and the Science card rules.  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:19 pm
For Tsuzuki, there's this. Because the mandlebrot set is awesome.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tyrannical Princess

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:58 pm
I've always felt like anyone interested in tarot, runes or any other style of divination that utilizes a tool should make their own. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:30 pm
Bacodus
I've always felt like anyone interested in tarot, runes or any other style of divination that utilizes a tool should make their own. sweatdrop

I don't have the artistic inclination or ability. I am, however, a deft hand at tarot. The exclusivity you're espousing is too limiting.
I am, however, going to gather the neccessary wood to Craft an Ogham set.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tyrannical Princess

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:47 pm
CuAnnan
Bacodus

I don't have the artistic inclination or ability. I am, however, a deft hand at tarot. The exclusivity you're espousing is too limiting.
I am, however, going to gather the neccessary wood to Craft an Ogham set.

I don't think it's absolutely necessary, and I don't think that it needs to be pretty- I've just found that making your own tools is important for alot of people. I don't use any tools, really, so I should probably just keep my mouth shut about it smile

Eh, maybe I was just in a shitty mood when I wrote it.

But then again, it's probably my lack of understanding of the motives of those who frequently use divination. I've always said that if I am supposed to know something, I am told. The only reason I could understand a person's reasons for reading tarot or runes is to read for another person.

Not to derail your thread, Tea, but: Those of you who do frequently use methods of divination such as tarot, what kind of information do you frequently divine? Do you only look for insight? Do you normally read for yourself or others?

Tea, If you want me to ask this in another thread, let me know and I'll do so and delete this post.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:19 pm
I've found the runes I purchased produce as accurate and useful readings as the ones I had-crafted and blooded, and I've successfully done rune divination using runes drawn on note cards. In my experience with runes, at least, they seem to exist independent of the medium they are manifest in, so the medium is more a function of personal taste than anything significant in terms of usefulness.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers