Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
I Have A Question... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

imagoodhugger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:02 pm
Okay I've read the bible and I love Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior but um...I was wondering if it was okay, to like guys if i am a guy. I've been wondering, and I've been bi since 8th grade and now in 9th and I just wanted to know if it was accepted by God and Jesus.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:29 pm
www.godmademegay.com
www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.com
www.epistle.us

Please read through these links before accepting the translated verses below as fact.  

stopthebanningplease

Cup of Rotten Chocolate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:18 am
No its not acceptable in christianity  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:10 pm
Here are some verses that may answer your question.

LEVITCUS 18:22 "Do not lie with another man as you would do with a woman."
LEVITICUS 20:13 "The woman he marries must be a virgin."
ROMANS 1:26 - 27 "Because of this, God allowed them over to shameful lusts. Even their woman their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same ways, the men also abandoned natural relations with with women, and were inflamed with lusts for another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and recived themselves the due penalty for their perversion." See, God calls these acts indecent. It doesn't mean that he hates you yourslef, but he hates the sin of homosexuality that is present in your life. God sees all sin the same.  

Tsukasa_satoru

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:31 pm
i think it is. God loves ALL his children.

thebibletellsmeso.org  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:57 pm
the bible says it's wrong to be gay....God does accept you that way, but he loves you to much to leave you that way. pray a lot and ask God for guidence...  

missymisa

trinity343

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:09 pm
etchedspirit
the bible says it's wrong to be gay....God does accept you that way, but he loves you to much to leave you that way. pray a lot and ask God for guidence...

i agree...the bible is very clear on that subject. homosexuality (of any kind, including being bi) is called unnatural and a perversion of God's creation. he created us man and women, to marry and share in a deep relationship that reflects our relationship with God.

1 cor 6:9-11
Do you know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? do not be decieved; neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosecual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. and that is what some of you were. but you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Holy Spirit

here it says quite specifically that homosexual offenders (or..those who practice homosexuality) will not inherit the kingdom of God. but as etchedspirit said God still accepts you as a person the way you are, and when you come to him you are washed of you sin, sanctified (which is the process by which God the Holy Spirit and the believer participate together in the project of the believer becoming Christlike experientially [Intro. to Christian Ed. p 39]), and justified (this takes place in the mind of God...meaning that you are now forgiven of all sin[Responsible evangelism, pg 41]) as we grow closer to God we begin to shed our sinful habits in exchange for holy living to better reflect Christ...now for somethings it takes longer to fully rid ourselves of then others...but when we pass from this mortal existence we become a perfect being...to be fully who God created us to be. so yeah...God love us to much to allow us to remain in our sin, the Holy Spirit will convict us of our sins and help us to work through them to change for the better...although i believe that having a homosexual desire will be a big stumbling block to get past...i know this b/c my of my own troubles with sexual immorality/adulatory problem (heterosexual mind you...but still...sin is sin non bigger of smaller then the other...just some easier to overcome then other depending on the person.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:01 pm
Again, please read the links I gave you. ^-^ I'm a gay Christian, and they've helped me immensely.  

stopthebanningplease

trinity343

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:46 pm
stopthebanningplease
Again, please read the links I gave you. ^-^ I'm a gay Christian, and they've helped me immensely.

yeah...i looked at them...the one with the banners on the page...those are twisted scripture...they say jesus affirmed a gay couple and that the church accepted a gay man....those are way twisted to try and fit a meaning that they want them to mean...

the centurion wished for his servant to be healed....not his partner. a servant is completely different..

and the others for the most part talk about eunuchs which are not men who are gay..but men who are castrated and at put to guard the king's harem and similar jobs. they twisted the meaning of eunuch to say that it meant he was gay..

while i have no differences with them that God's forgiveness and grace are available to homosexuals that doesn't take away from the fact that it is still a sin and that in God's eyes is still wrong and is a part of a person that needs to be changed, just liked any sin...it causes barriers between a person and God.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:54 am
trinity343
stopthebanningplease

yeah...i looked at them...the one with the banners on the page...those are twisted scripture...they say jesus affirmed a gay couple and that the church accepted a gay man....those are way twisted to try and fit a meaning that they want them to mean...

the centurion wished for his servant to be healed....not his partner. a servant is completely different..

Did you read the reasoning behind them?

Please show me exactly where that reasoning went wrong.

[quote[and the others for the most part talk about eunuchs which are not men who are gay..but men who are castrated and at put to guard the king's harem and similar jobs. they twisted the meaning of eunuch to say that it meant he was gay..

neutral SHOW ME WHERE THEY WERE WRONG, AND HOW.

Quote:
while i have no differences with them that God's forgiveness and grace are available to homosexuals that doesn't take away from the fact that it is still a sin and that in God's eyes is still wrong and is a part of a person that needs to be changed, just liked any sin...it causes barriers between a person and God.

Why do people insist on denying an argument without presenting a logical counterargument?  

stopthebanningplease

Y i J u

Beloved Smoker

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:26 am
etchedspirit

That was an extremly good answer. Very good.

This is going to sound stupid, but I'm proud of you.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:27 am
trinity343
etchedspirit

i agree...the bible is very clear on that subject. homosexuality (of any kind, including being bi) is called unnatural and a perversion of God's creation. he created us man and women, to marry and share in a deep relationship that reflects our relationship with God.

1 cor 6:9-11
Do you know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? do not be decieved; neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosecual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. and that is what some of you were. but you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Holy Spirit

here it says quite specifically that homosexual offenders (or..those who practice homosexuality) will not inherit the kingdom of God. but as etchedspirit said God still accepts you as a person the way you are, and when you come to him you are washed of you sin, sanctified (which is the process by which God the Holy Spirit and the believer participate together in the project of the believer becoming Christlike experientially [Intro. to Christian Ed. p 39]), and justified (this takes place in the mind of God...meaning that you are now forgiven of all sin[Responsible evangelism, pg 41]) as we grow closer to God we begin to shed our sinful habits in exchange for holy living to better reflect Christ...now for somethings it takes longer to fully rid ourselves of then others...but when we pass from this mortal existence we become a perfect being...to be fully who God created us to be. so yeah...God love us to much to allow us to remain in our sin, the Holy Spirit will convict us of our sins and help us to work through them to change for the better...although i believe that having a homosexual desire will be a big stumbling block to get past...i know this b/c my of my own troubles with sexual immorality/adulatory problem (heterosexual mind you...but still...sin is sin non bigger of smaller then the other...just some easier to overcome then other depending on the person.

Thank you for finding the verse I couldn't find, && thank you for having the words I couldn't figure out how to say..  

Y i J u

Beloved Smoker

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:20 pm
stopthebanningplease
trinity343
stopthebanningplease

Did you read the reasoning behind them?

Please show me exactly where that reasoning went wrong.

I believe that the reasoning is considered irrelevant if the verses are twisted. After all, the point of the reasoning is to biblically prove that being homosexual is ok - but if the verses are twisted, what's the point of the reasoning?

The bible disapproves of homosexuality, but that doesn't mean he hates you. He loves you as much as he loves a goody-two shoes Christian. Hate the act, love the person. Just pray about it. =3  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:54 pm
thestarthatshines

The bible disapproves of homosexuality, but that doesn't mean he hates you. He loves you as much as he loves a goody-two shoes Christian. Hate the act, love the person. Just pray about it. =3

I'm not condeming you or anything but what if instead of hating ANYTHING (( even the act )) what if we just loved them like Christ loves us? It was never our job to hate the sin/act. It is only our job to let the love of God shine through us.
I think that would help more people understand the love of God more than anything else.
Our frowns on their acts make alot of people dislike 'those goody-two shoes Christians'.
Remember how you were without Christ?
I don't know about you but I was lost, confused, hurting, and I always felt like I was stuggling to get somewhere and never quite making it.
So I was led to believe that other things would give me fufillment when they actually wouldn't fill that big empty void inside me... That just so happens to be God-shaped.

Yes, God dissaproves of homosexuality only because He knows how much we can hurt from it, how much we can miss.
You may say that we could gain some things but I don't honestly think so, I've been there myself.
So I'm not just TALKING. I'm ACTING on what I say.

Praying to God to give you strength in your choices is a very good idea as well.
Remember that God loves you, always and its not that He's making ridiculous 'rules' He just loves you and wants the best for you... He's the best Father you could ever have if you would just trust Him.

~ Y i J u  

Y i J u

Beloved Smoker

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

lordstar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:27 pm
imagoodhugger
Okay I've read the bible and I love Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior but um...I was wondering if it was okay, to like guys if i am a guy. I've been wondering, and I've been bi since 8th grade and now in 9th and I just wanted to know if it was accepted by God and Jesus.

Just know that one honest doubter is worth more than a horde of blind believers. Find your own path and experience life because the answer cannot be found just by asking.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff