[PRP] Because You Live- Jo/Muro

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:09 pm
((Hee, lyric title ftw! xd ))

The group had been 'on the move' for the last few days, making for a landmark outcropping without any extended stops - short rests and drinks at waterholes. Before they'd started this leg of the journey they'd feasted on a large kill so food wasn't a problem. It was in this way that they covered a lot of ground without too much trouble.

Kainda had been supposed to join them at the rocks but she'd joined them on route, seeing a little bit out of sorts at first. Soon enough she'd calmed down. So Muroki had been cheered, having Johari on one side and Kainda on the other for the last leg to this 'rest stop'. Now, as dusk fell and he watched his companions settle in the shelter of the rocks, some were setting out for a little night hunting. Everything was going to plan, and all he could do was smile softly.

Even though he had a lot on his mind lately. Looking after 'his' lions - he was getting protective of the band - and making sure they stuck to the planned road. That everyone didn't go too hungry. And his past with his sweetheart Hisani and how it effected how he was treating Johari.

He loved Johari. In a way that he'd never been with Hisani, for they'd shared all their secrets and were more of a match. He didn't have to be her protector, he 'guardian' all the time. They were equals in his eyes. They could talk, debate, and run silly races. Johari was now the centre of his world.

But what if she said no if he proposed to her? What if she thought that being a wife rather than a mate wasn't important? What if she said yes? As silly as he knew it was, he had a fear that if she did, she'd vanish too...

Muroki sighed and the smile took on a sad quality.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:43 pm
Johari had been glad to have Kainda join them again, after her abrupt disappearance one night. She'd been reassured by Muroki of course, but still missed the chance to say good bye and be well. With the maned wolf back again, however, those worries and regrets quelled. Yet, Johari could sense something different about her. On an instinctive level she could tell what it must be, but never speculated on it too much. Maybe one of these nights she'd "corner" Kinda for a talk and find out if everything was alright. For now, Muroki saw nothing wrong, so Johari didn't fret. Muroki was her bonded, he'd know, before anyone else, if something were the matter.

So instead this lioness put her thoughts on the changes within herself. It wasn't her first time going into heat, but she'd hidden herself away from the pride then, too embarrassed and nervous to go out, feeling exposed somehow. She was glad, then, that she had Muroki now.

Speaking of whom...

"The others set off to hunt already?" She asked, brushing her head against his cheek as she slowed from coming from the direction of their resting spot.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:56 pm
"Yes, save the more tired, and little Kainda." He replied automatically, looking away from the other lions to focus on Johari. Muroki lowered his head a nuzzled along her neck, pleased to be brought back to reality as such by his beloved. The very sight and scent of her was distracting from his dreary thoughts. Not caring that they could be seen - even enjoying it a little, since it made sure the other single males knew they were together - he took a moment to lick smooth a patch of fur there. Affectionate and attentive.

Oh he wasn't naive. The sandy lion had seen his female friends go through their cycles. Muroki remembered the old grey Laini blocking the path to their den, politely telling him he couldn't see Hisani for maybe a moon-cycle or so. He recalled asking his 'aunt' why. Innocence didn't mean ignorance. Johari had always been entrancing but lately something about her...

Another reason why he needed to sort his head out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:07 pm
"Hmmm..."

Before she really knew it her eyes had shut, and she was purring softly, leaning her head against his mane as he nuzzled her neck. Sharing quiet moments like this was just as much a ritual to them as their morning walks had been and were. She treasured it, a time to be alone together and simply enjoy just the company of their other half.

"Love you..."

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:16 pm
"As I love you." Came the ready reply.

He spent a few more minutes enjoying this arrangement, right down to the feeling of the cool night air contrasting with their warmth. Muroki enjoyed spending such time together. But he pull away all to soon. He needed to be active, so he could think on his feet. The thoughts were still there, simmering, ruining it. Time to address them.

"Come walk with me, dearheart?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:20 pm
When Muroki pulled back she moved enough to look up at him, calm, and not questioning just yet. To his request she simply gave a silent nod. Of course.

It already came natural, falling into step alongside him. They'd done this every morning almost since they met, and would probably do so now until their dying days. She took comfort in his presence, as she'd thought she would. She didn't need to fear others during this approaching time as long as she had Muroki at her side, be it literal or figurative.

For now she walked in silence, enjoying the brisk air, and waiting. She could sense something on his mind, and had no intention of rushing it out of him. She was curious, but she could contain that easily with such good faith in him now as that which she had. He'd tell her in time.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:30 pm
As he'd hoped, Muroki found his thoughts came easier like this. And why not? How many times had they wandered side by side, debating something or learning from one another or swapping riddles? He did his best thinking of his paws with the golden Johari at his side. The ritual too, of walking together helped calm his nerves.

"...I'm not really sure where to start." Not the best icebreaker, perhaps, but he smiled sheepishly. Least it was a start and it was honest.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:45 pm
Not sure where to start? Hmm... it sounded like he did indeed want to discuss something more serious. The upcoming battle with the vultures, perhaps? Or something else...? It could logically only be something awkward to talk about, but she didn't want to assume anything either.

"Just say what's on your heart..." She smiled quietly, looking over to her mate. Indeed, she didn't need fancy words or the like, however he'd rather explain what was on his mind was fine by her.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:55 pm
"Well, you remember what I told you about the Dawnwalker customs about mates? Where there's a - and you....have to...erm."

He chuckled, softly, feeling silly. She didn't need a refresher course on their ways, Jo knew them well enough. He also skipped the speech about how it wasn't prompted by her being in heat, though he'd reassure her that while a small factor it wasn't that important if needed.

"I love you. I don't want us to ever be parted. Walking alongside you, waking with you beside me, and missing you when you're not there... I'd like for that to always be. Marry me, Johari?" His ears were forward, his head turned so he could see her - Muroki could only hope this was a Good Thing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:07 pm
Johari continued to smile as she listened, her ears sitting calmly atop her head. She did break into a slight grin as she giggled a bit at his stutter, but didn't interrupt otherwise. His question, his request, though, did give pause. That smile faltered only to tame some and gradually melt into a neutrally surprised expression, her ears rocking forward. She stopped walking to stare at him.

M-... Marry?!

She thought about it. The concept was strange to her. As mates, that was as close as she used to think one could get, but then again, mates could walk away from one another at any time, much like her uncle's mate had done. He'd been devastated by it, too. Marriage was a binding agreement, life mates, through and through, husband and wife...

"I'd like nothing better than becoming your wife, Muroki..." She smiled, feeling as if her heart might beat right out of her chest.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:21 pm
Muroki stopped walking the second Johari did. Her silence seemed to make everything else stop as well, including his heart. Never had he felt more anxious or more conflicted. His bitter angry side, the one who'd fought with Laini the first time they met, scathingly reminded him of all the downsides. All the negatives. But really, he truly did want to hear -

"I'd like nothing better than becoming your wife, Muroki..."
And the world started spinning once more! His smile broke out into a grin and he closed the gap between them, to nuzzle tentatively at her cheek.

"Jo..."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:35 pm
Normally this might be the point where one of them changed the mood with a sudden tag, or a splash of water, but it was too perfect to interrupt so abruptly tonight. Just tonight.

"I never would have imagined it would happen like this... I'm so glad we took that first walk together..." She murmured, an exhaled chuckle, short lived though it was, accompanying the words. She shut her eyes, returning the nuzzle and moving her head further in against his with a resounding purr.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:41 pm
"The first of many."

He returned the affection, remembering how he'd been wading through the long grass lost in sunlit memories when he'd looked up to see Johari that first time. Nostalgia for those early days of 'tours' around the pridal lands and 'getting to know you' talks was brushed aside.

The here and now was much better, almost too good to be true.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:01 pm
"Yes... I can't wait to see the sunrise at the temple. I'm sure it's beautiful..."

She relaxed thinking more on what had just taken place. She was glad that she'd already said their goodbyes for the time being to her family, not wanting to make him journey all the way back or to worry him by traveling back alone, as Hisani had done. Thoughts of the past were inevitable, but the future was certainly looking much brighter now.

Much... much brighter.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers