Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
I'm loosing faith in God Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:43 pm
Yea... i mean in the quote of Marlyn Manson "Reach out and touch faith" . People of Gaia, prove to me there is a God. You cant... the Pagan religion (not non-Christians, the branches of Paganism) is much more believable. I mean its all there in front of you, the elements, Sun, Moon, you can see it... Its there... is God? nobody in this guild, or on earth can tell me yes. Because do they honestly know? No... But even as i sit typing this i hope God forgives me. I am really doubting, but i deep down think there is a God. But what? I dunno...

Youth group seems to have lost its meaning too... I just space out and silently criticize the lesson.

I dunno what to do.

I have been seeing more and more points and meaning behind what my Anti-Christians friends are saying  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:22 pm
Well, it sounds like you have a serious problem that no one can truly help you with but God. I know that there is a God, however, not by seeing, but through feeling, hearing, and witnessing things that are impossible. There is no other way to explain what I feel. When I'm in a place with no out, I just pray and then everything is better. I mean I won the award for having a crappy life, but I've made it this far. At the least I won't be losing anything by believing in God. At least I'm comforted by the thought that He will always be there when everyone has ran the other way as fast as they could (which happened alot.) If it is all real, which I believe with all my heart, then I'll make it to heaven.
I would think that your lost of interest in youth may be caused by your drug problems and your anti-Christian friends. It prolly makes you fill like a minority and that everyone is attacking your life-style and your core being, when in fact they prolly don't know anything about it.
Give God a chance. Try your hardest to be a Christian and get some new friends while trying to lead the other ones to God. I think that you'll see a dramatic change and won't wanna go back to drugs and stuff. God is always there even when you aren't.  

Kaki Pan

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:23 pm
Thats what being Christian is: trusting in a God that you can't see.
It says it all throughout the Bible.

Where you're going with this is on a very philosophical level. None of us can prove to you theres a God, yet you still seek reason? What might give you that urge? Everyone can explain everything they could possibly discern through reasoning in their life, but may never be satisfied. You thirst for the knowledge that God is there. Why should there be no reason to believe he is?

And one last thing. Christians aren't always right. I admit that as a human being. There are points behind it that people may not always see. When this happens, they usually take the easiest answer they can get and they ram it down their own throats, thinking if it was that easy to touche a point made about Christians and our religion, why should I bother? Thats what I believe. Christians, such as myself, try to extract the facts and reasoning that may not be easy to access to prove that there is always reason behind everything.

I hope this has helped. I also wanna say that I don't mean to turn this thread into a debate. In all due humility of said circumstance occurring, I apologize. But, mostly, I hope this helped. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:31 pm
Kaki Pan
I mean I won the award for having a crappy life, but I've made it this far.

I know some people that would be a very close contestant

Kaki Pan
At the least I won't be losing anything by believing in God. At least I'm comforted by the thought that He will always be there when everyone has ran the other way as fast as they could (which happened alot.) If it is all real, which I believe with all my heart, then I'll make it to heaven.

Honestly, I would have killed myself without the knowing of getting to go to heaven. i call it my pillow

Kaki Pan
I would think that your lost of interest in youth may be caused by your drug problems and your anti-Christian friends. It prolly makes you fill like a minority and that everyone is attacking your life-style and your core being, when in fact they prolly don't know anything about it.

That is sorta true... but I actually hate most Christians. I cant see from their point of view because i cant stick my head that far up my a**.

Kaki Pan
Give God a chance. Try your hardest to be a Christian and get some new friends while trying to lead the other ones to God. I think that you'll see a dramatic change and won't wanna go back to drugs and stuff. God is always there even when you aren't.

Drugs are better than being a close-minded person that is full of ignorance  

Zher

Zher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:36 pm
maplestoryjunky

Where you're going with this is on a very philosophical level. None of us can prove to you theres a God, yet you still seek reason? What might give you that urge? Everyone can explain everything they could possibly discern through reasoning in their life, but may never be satisfied. You thirst for the knowledge that God is there. Why should there be no reason to believe he is?

And one last thing. Christians aren't always right. I admit that as a human being. There are points behind it that people may not always see. When this happens, they usually take the easiest answer they can get and they ram it down their own throats, thinking if it was that easy to touche a point made about Christians and our religion, why should I bother? Thats what I believe. Christians, such as myself, try to extract the facts and reasoning that may not be easy to access to prove that there is always reason behind everything.

I hope this has helped. I also wanna say that I don't mean to turn this thread into a debate. In all due humility of said circumstance occurring, I apologize. But, mostly, I hope this helped. mrgreen

It did thanks.
Oh, and good luck turning your avi around wink  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:01 pm
I was asked to check out this guild, and post a little bit by Zher, and while I tried to have an open mind about this guild, thinking that maybe things would be different than they usually are, I'm sad to say that in just one post my hopes have already been dashed.

Kaki Pan

I can't believe that you're attempting to blame somebody's faultering ideals and faith on such petty things. Drug problems suck, I fully admit, but I don't belive for one second that drug problems could cause distress in somebody's faith if there was no doubt there to begin with.

Secondly, I am one of his "anti-Christian friends", and the gaul that you have to just simply assume that I'm some arrogant a** who wears a chip the size of Texas on his shoulder, and is constantly "attacking his life-style and his core-being, when in fact I prolly don't know anything about it" is the biggest joke I think I've heard this week. Talk about the epitome of arrogance, here. You assume that you're all high and mighty, and that you're better than everybody else because you happen to have faith. Thus everybody else is automagically wrong, your farts smell like roses, and I'm an ignorant, unsupportive, and lousy friend. Get over yourself, and call off the personal attacks on his friends. As Zher will tell you I've never been anything BUT supportive, telling him exactly this: He needs to follow his heart, and find his own path. If that's Christianity, I'm happy for him, and I fully encourage and support his decision. And, if it isn't, I'll help educate him in any religion he wishes to learn about. I was born and raised Roman Catholic, and have studied religion for a number of years. I gave up on Christianity because of the attitude that most of its members have - the exact same one you're exhibiting now. So please don't accuse me of being unsupportive or uneducated again. Or, is the only time you open your mouth to simply swap feet?

Kaki Pan

I couldn't agree more with giving God a chance, however, one needs to have faith and assurance in what they believe. "Get some new friends", though? What's wrong with the ones he has? Are you questioning his ability to judge for himself who a good person is and who isn't? Is it against the Bible to be friends with non-Christians? The arrogance level is staggering here. I really don't even want to touch the "lead the other ones to God" because not everybody WANTS to be saved. I sure don't, if it means I will end up as bitter, arrogant, high-and-mighty, and practically brainwashed as you. Please don't assume that all us non-Christians are druggies, lousy friends, and the scourge of soceity. Aside from my not believing in God or Jesus, I'd put my good deeds and my friendships against yours any day, and I doubt anybody would find I was not a good person. People like you, Kaki Pan, are the reason Christians have a bad reputation. Have a nice day.  

PhaseBurn

IRL Gaian

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:04 am
Zher
maplestoryjunky

It did thanks.
Oh, and good luck turning your avi around wink

Thanks, I appreciate it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:10 am
PhaseBurn
I was asked to check out this guild, and post a little bit by Zher, and while I tried to have an open mind about this guild, thinking that maybe things would be different than they usually are, I'm sad to say that in just one post my hopes have already been dashed.

Kaki Pan

I can't believe that you're attempting to blame somebody's faultering ideals and faith on such petty things. Drug problems suck, I fully admit, but I don't belive for one second that drug problems could cause distress in somebody's faith if there was no doubt there to begin with.

Secondly, I am one of his "anti-Christian friends", and the gaul that you have to just simply assume that I'm some arrogant a** who wears a chip the size of Texas on his shoulder, and is constantly "attacking his life-style and his core-being, when in fact I prolly don't know anything about it" is the biggest joke I think I've heard this week. Talk about the epitome of arrogance, here. You assume that you're all high and mighty, and that you're better than everybody else because you happen to have faith. Thus everybody else is automagically wrong, your farts smell like roses, and I'm an ignorant, unsupportive, and lousy friend. Get over yourself, and call off the personal attacks on his friends. As Zher will tell you I've never been anything BUT supportive, telling him exactly this: He needs to follow his heart, and find his own path. If that's Christianity, I'm happy for him, and I fully encourage and support his decision. And, if it isn't, I'll help educate him in any religion he wishes to learn about. I was born and raised Roman Catholic, and have studied religion for a number of years. I gave up on Christianity because of the attitude that most of its members have - the exact same one you're exhibiting now. So please don't accuse me of being unsupportive or uneducated again. Or, is the only time you open your mouth to simply swap feet?

Kaki Pan

I couldn't agree more with giving God a chance, however, one needs to have faith and assurance in what they believe. "Get some new friends", though? What's wrong with the ones he has? Are you questioning his ability to judge for himself who a good person is and who isn't? Is it against the Bible to be friends with non-Christians? The arrogance level is staggering here. I really don't even want to touch the "lead the other ones to God" because not everybody WANTS to be saved. I sure don't, if it means I will end up as bitter, arrogant, high-and-mighty, and practically brainwashed as you. Please don't assume that all us non-Christians are druggies, lousy friends, and the scourge of soceity. Aside from my not believing in God or Jesus, I'd put my good deeds and my friendships against yours any day, and I doubt anybody would find I was not a good person. People like you, Kaki Pan, are the reason Christians have a bad reputation. Have a nice day.

Woah, woah.....Let's take a second to breath there buddy. mrgreen
I'm sure whatever he meant to say wasn't based on such intent to make you feel that he was inferring all that bad stuff about you. If you give him a pm, I'm sure he can explain full and well what he was trying to mean. Things may not always appear the way they are. Regarding your religion (if you even have one), what are you? Have you abandoned Christianity? I'm just curious. neutral  

Mjolnir The Hammer

jigfijtiggjijti1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:05 pm
Zher
prove to me there is a God.

Nobody is certain of anything.

All we have is our experiences.

It is impossible for me to prove that any one of you out there exists outside of my own mind.

There is nothing that can actually prove that you exist. I could simply be a very active figment of your imagination.. You never know.

Based on my experience with what I consider the spirit world, I believe there's a God. I can't physically show you proof, so this is where your faith/trust comes in.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:34 pm
maplestoryjunky
I'm sure whatever he meant to say wasn't based on such intent to make you feel that he was inferring all that bad stuff about you. If you give him a pm, I'm sure he can explain full and well what he was trying to mean. Things may not always appear the way they are. Regarding your religion (if you even have one), what are you? Have you abandoned Christianity? I'm just curious. neutral

In retrospect, I do believe it's quite possible that his intent was not to personally attack me, and for that, I apologize. However, the comments are pretty harsh about non-Christians, and it's the same attitude I've faced for many, many years. Yes, things of course do not always appear the way they really are, but then again, sometimes they do. No, you can't always judge a book by a cover, but if the cover happens to depict a homoerotic sexual scene, I'm pretty sure I don't want it anyway. As for me, see my other post. Zher asked me to post my views in light of his recent issues, I guess. So you may find them here.

If you'd prefer a straight answer with out reading a post the size of a book, I will gladly tell you, however I have reservations that people will judge me based on something they don't know anything about - exactly the same crime that Kaki Pan accused Zher's friends of. I take things with a grain of salt, and being raised Christian as well as attending a Christian school for 9 years, I know exactly how intolerant Christians can be of those who are different than they are. So pardon those reservations, and I mean no offense. That being said, yes, I abandoned Christianity a long time ago. If I had to place an exact time on it, I'd say probably 13 years ago. Now, I am a follower of the Church of Satan - but don't stop there. What people always jump to the conclusion about is that they think I'm a Satan worshiper. The truth about LeVayan Satanism is that we don't believe in Satan, or God. It's actually more athiestic and buddhistic than anything else. The only reason it was named the Church of Satan is because the founder has a flare for the dramatic, and low and behold, this certainly did start a fair share of it back in the '60s... Nothing more, nothing less. And on a side note, maplestoryjunky, thank you.  

PhaseBurn

IRL Gaian

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:41 pm
if there were no God would miracles exist. i dont believe in coincidences, things can only be so good for so long. i dont believe in luck, i mean sure for maybe a day or so. but it cant last forever, you cant just be a lucky person for life. that just doesnt make sense, not to me. i look toward someone greater who i know can make miracles happen. just even the little things. like friends and family who are there for me and believe in me. just the little miracles in life. i just met a long time friend today who until recently lived in another city. i dont know where. but for him to move back into the same city, less along the same school that i go too, that is a miracle to me. i mean of all the schools, in our district. i just believe theres something more in this world besides just walking through it everyday. theres gotta be so kind of meaning behind it all. and for me, all that comes from the Lord and my walk on earth to do the world some good and to preach and spread the Word. simple as that.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:06 pm
PhaseBurn
maplestoryjunky

In retrospect, I do believe it's quite possible that his intent was not to personally attack me, and for that, I apologize. However, the comments are pretty harsh about non-Christians, and it's the same attitude I've faced for many, many years. Yes, things of course do not always appear the way they really are, but then again, sometimes they do. No, you can't always judge a book by a cover, but if the cover happens to depict a homoerotic sexual scene, I'm pretty sure I don't want it anyway. As for me, see my other post. Zher asked me to post my views in light of his recent issues, I guess. So you may find them here.

If you'd prefer a straight answer with out reading a post the size of a book, I will gladly tell you, however I have reservations that people will judge me based on something they don't know anything about - exactly the same crime that Kaki Pan accused Zher's friends of. I take things with a grain of salt, and being raised Christian as well as attending a Christian school for 9 years, I know exactly how intolerant Christians can be of those who are different than they are. So pardon those reservations, and I mean no offense. That being said, yes, I abandoned Christianity a long time ago. If I had to place an exact time on it, I'd say probably 13 years ago. Now, I am a follower of the Church of Satan - but don't stop there. What people always jump to the conclusion about is that they think I'm a Satan worshiper. The truth about LeVayan Satanism is that we don't believe in Satan, or God. It's actually more athiestic and buddhistic than anything else. The only reason it was named the Church of Satan is because the founder has a flare for the dramatic, and low and behold, this certainly did start a fair share of it back in the '60s... Nothing more, nothing less. And on a side note, maplestoryjunky, thank you.

You're very welcome. As a Christian, and as a person of reason as well, I respect what you believe. I hope the peace has been kept here and I'm glad that you've shown understanding. I do hope you continue to have an open mind and heart for others opinions. I'm very sorry that people have put you down in the past as well. May you discern the most out of what you get through life. Peace be with you and thanks again for sharing your opinion. 3nodding  

Mjolnir The Hammer

Kaki Pan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:56 pm
I wasn't judging you. I didn't even know that you exsisted when I posted that. So you can't say that I was judging you as a person. Your story sounds about like mine. I was in a place that claimed to be a Christian School for seven years. People always looking at me cuz I'm different. The kid with long hair and that listens to rock. Everyone at my parents church think I'm going to hell. I've been through just about everything, but I made it through. I have unsaved friends and I know how they can try to pull you back from God. That's why I suggested finding new ones. I didn't say stop being your friend. I don't hate you. The last thing I wanna do is shove my faith down your face. Forgive me.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:12 pm
Kaki Pan
I wasn't judging you. I didn't even know that you exsisted when I posted that. So you can't say that I was judging you as a person. Your story sounds about like mine. I was in a place that claimed to be a Christian School for seven years. People always looking at me cuz I'm different. The kid with long hair and that listens to rock. Everyone at my parents church think I'm going to hell. I've been through just about everything, but I made it through. I have unsaved friends and I know how they can try to pull you back from God. That's why I suggested finding new ones. I didn't say stop being your friend. I don't hate you. The last thing I wanna do is shove my faith down your face. Forgive me.

Thank you for that. Not all "unsaved friends" try to pull people back from God. I've never once even suggested my Christian friends give up God or their faith; the only comments I've ever made is that "It doesn't fit me, and I believe you should follow what is in your heart." I fully admit that yes, there are a lot of people who do drag others down when they aren't of the same faith, but that isn't true for everybody. I assure you that people like me who are on the other side are just as upset and worried about the Christians who try to drag us away from our faith, as you are about the non-Christians trying to drag you away from yours. The only difference I see is that you call what you do "Saving" and what non-Christians do is "Blasphemy". I did overreact a bit, and for that I am sorry. Please forgive me as well. I already have forgiven you for it. Peace?  

PhaseBurn

IRL Gaian

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:14 pm
Madness......

Blasphemy......

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xd

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff