Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Japanese Club
Sub-forum suggestions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think sub-forums will make members more active; will they make YOU more active?
  Yeah, this stuff looks awesome.
  No, this is a stupid waste of gold.
  Yay, the guild might actually be interesting!
  Nobody ever comes on, there's no point in trying to make them. This is just a place where people can check for lessons, nothing more.
  What's a sub-forum?
View Results

UndeadChocobo
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:54 pm
We need sub-forums. stare Nobody's ever here because all there is right now is announcements for missed days. If we have sub-forums though, people can talk about anything. They only cost 2,500 gold each. Here's a list of ideas for them, post your ideas.

Announcements - Cancelled meetings, news, etc.

Lessons - Future and past lessons

Culture Lessons - If we get some good culture lessons, we could put them here. Culture lessons could be a good way to keep members interested in learning while teaching them about Japanese traditions, historic events, and how people in Japan act and treat each other. These lessons would be difficult to put together, but they'd be so awesome. xd

Extra Lessons - Just stuff that we don't have time to cover during meetings. This would help people who seriously want to learn Japanese, especially senior members since alot of this is review for us.

Extra Culture Lessons - Self-explanatory

Japanese Language/Culture Discussion - Just a place to talk about language and culture, since the lesson sub-forums would be strictly for lessons.

Questions/Suggestions - A place to help members who are confused or maybe want to know something we haven't covered. This could also give the presidents ideas on what to teach us.

Random Japan Stuff! - Yeah, crappy name, but this is where people can post random badass Japan stuff, and it will keep people talking about Japan. Anime conventions, stuff like that.

Anime - Yeah, most Japanese club members are anime whores. So this would be a place to...let out all of their anime whoreness. Yeah. And one topic per anime, because a ton of Naruto topics would be annoying. stare

Music - Yeah, it won't kill us to have some music chat in here. Talk about your favorite j-rock band or something. Music owns.

Games - Japanese games. o.o No Halo 3. Yes Final Fantasy XIII.

Random Crap Totally Unrelated To Japan! - For people who want to post stuff nobody cares aboout.

POST MORE SUGGESTIONS!

...and nothing perverted.

P.S. I have money I want to donate, but nobody ever gets on or posts anything. And I doubt most of you guys read what we put on here. So if this topic actually gets one or two decent posts on it I'll donate. 2.5K each for the first two posts.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:25 pm
One, add a birthday sticky or something.
Two, add an off-subject subforum, a place just to play around.
Four, I couldn't think of a third.

Oronar Skirata

Beloved Seeker

UndeadChocobo
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:27 pm
Random crap unrelated to Japan is the off-topic sub-forum <.<  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:47 pm
UndeadChocobo
Random crap unrelated to Japan is the off-topic sub-forum <.<
But it makes it sound more mature.

Oronar Skirata