Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Who's your spirit guide? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:28 pm
EladrinStarmist
I almost bought a cd the other day with a guided meditation on it with music etc, but changed my mind at the last minute. Has anyone ever used one of these? And if so, please share your experiences...was it worth the money?

Anyone care to bite and answer this one for me? I'll be working a lot closer to our local metaphysical shop in the next few weeks and they have one of those cds available, but it's 24 bucks. I'd like to have it, but only if it's worth it
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:30 pm
EladrinStarmist
EladrinStarmist
I almost bought a cd the other day with a guided meditation on it with music etc, but changed my mind at the last minute. Has anyone ever used one of these? And if so, please share your experiences...was it worth the money?

Anyone care to bite and answer this one for me? I'll be working a lot closer to our local metaphysical shop in the next few weeks and they have one of those cds available, but it's 24 bucks. I'd like to have it, but only if it's worth it

I like guided meditations and feel they can be very useful tools. However, I wouldn't shell out $25 for them. I'd sooner make my own, but that's just me.  

TeaDidikai

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:37 am
EladrinStarmist
EladrinStarmist

You can always download ones off the internet and try them out. You can see if you find one you like, and then go and buy it, if you super duper like it. And look around online, I'm sure you could find something cheaper.

Personally, I love guided meditations. I used to make my friends help me with them all the time. Heh. They're very useful, especially if you have trouble focusing your mind right away.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:52 am
Thanks. I never thought to look online for one to download. >< Ah well. You're right though, 25 bucks is a lot to shell out for a cd.  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Soriana Leo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:53 pm
I have two types of spirits: Human and animal. For animal guides I have White Wolf, Panther, and Hawk, the other two I used to have are gone now. I didn't know at the time that Indians had spirit guides, I got really intrested in it. I kept seeing my constant spirirt White Wolf in my dreams and he talks with me. I also just knew and had some strange kind of felling that these are my guides.

The human spirit who has yet to tell me his name is always with me, he was never mine to begin with either. I didn't know he even igzisted until one day at the bus stop when I met a Japanese girl, she said the ghost that followed her had placed a hand on her shoulder in recognition of me. Then we decided to name him since he didn't tell either of us his, so for now I still call him Jasper. Well a few weeks went by, as I felt his precence with me sometimes in school; in typing class I could feel eyes on me while the clicking of typing was heard. A few more months passedand before I knew it Minami was sobing in my arms, telling me of what happen toher the night before. Apparently her parents had gone to a party leaving her brother and her alone for a few hours. She took a shower and just as she was getting out heard a loud noise downstairs, fearing for her brothers safety she wrapped a towel about herself and walked to the steps. She tripped falling halway down the carpeted stairs, when she awoke Jasper was kneeling in front of her wiht an arm out streached to help. She screamed and fainted, when she awoke again she was on the bottom steps just as her brother was coming to see what the comotion was all about. She said it scared her and she didn't want Jasper anymore, So I told him he could live wiht me for as long as he wished and could go and come as he pleased. Along with a prayer that prevents him from getting into Minami's house, so he's been wiht me ever since and I have had incounters with him, he touches my shoulder, arm, hand, hair, and face in geenral to let me know he's there. When I get emotional he's there comferting me, stroking my hair and wrapping his arms about me in a way as if to comfert. He is also there to over see that the ghosts who seek me out for help don't over step their boundries and do something bad. So for me it's a mix of both animal and human gudies/helpers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:30 am
I's kind of odd, really. It started when I found my totem animal. Ever since then... well, let me explain a bit.

This spirit guide is different. It's a spirit that runs inside me, but is not part of me. It never speaks to me. It has no name. When it is present it runs through me, the spirit of an eagle. It lends me freedom, courage, bravery, healing, good sense, and spiritual enlightenment. The eagle is made sacred to me.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about Ana. Her real name is not Ana, but I can never remember her real name, it's too long. I met her one summer at a cottage our family rents. I felt a presence, and then there she was. I spoke with her. We were getting along fine. Just recently I kind of got myself into a spiritual crisis, and I haven't felt her with me since. I think she's waiting for me to be ready.  

Wings Akimbo

Wings Akimbo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:32 am
EladrinStarmist
EladrinStarmist

Oh I have one, and it's great. It is very relaxing, enlightening, and was definitaly worth my money.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:53 am
If seeing these "guides" in your dreams is a clue to their existence, then maybe I have zombie spirit guides. Either that, or I just think about zombies too damn much.

Anyway, I've never felt the need for a "guide" of sorts. I've built up my own mental protections and reinforce them when necessary. I also feel that the proper person/animal/thing will direct me when necessary.

If you have to have a guide, always go with a local. They know all the important stuff.

**Edit** Didn't realize how old this thread was....it was at the top of the page. Don't mean to contribute to thread necromancy, sorry...  

Tyrannical Princess

-kissME-1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:14 am
I have a balck panther that shows up in my dreams or in my mind when I meditate is that a spirit guid? I call it pan.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:30 am
SlaineWildfire
EladrinStarmist
EladrinStarmist

You can always download ones off the internet and try them out. You can see if you find one you like, and then go and buy it, if you super duper like it. And look around online, I'm sure you could find something cheaper.

Personally, I love guided meditations. I used to make my friends help me with them all the time. Heh. They're very useful, especially if you have trouble focusing your mind right away.

www.warpmymind.com , while mostly hypnosis (and a lot of weird, sexual fetish type stuff, just to give you fair warning) has some files, completely free to download, that do nothing but put you in a trance/meditative state. you can also use something like www.bwgen.com , which is supposed to help alter your brainwaves so you can get to alpha state much easier. i've had some success with a similar program myself; you just have to focus a lot.

hehe, sorry to respond so slowly. hopefully this will still be useful.

i don't really have a spirit guide. i need to meditate more often.  

MST3Kakalina

Deandriea

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:58 pm
I had one once who was amazing. see I'm not crazy for her tale.

Currenty I share my body with a third bord Goddess who is arrogant, rude, sarcastic, and too smart.

alot like axemans guide, excapt Kara is STUNNINGLY beautiful when she wants to be, but rarely appears in flesh. SHe prefers to take MINE.

so, I'm her host while she plays her games on earth. But on the upside, shes guided me through so many things, its worth it...some days.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:57 pm
My spirit guide is also my patrong god: Anpu, Anupu, Yinepu, Inepu, inpw, or more commonly known as Anubis. I call him "daddy."

User Image

Tenzin Chodron

Zoologist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:19 pm
Eek. So I know it's been quite a long time since someone posted in this particular thread, but I'm hoping I can get some guidance/advice with my 'problem'.

Like a few of the people in here, I not only don't have a spirit guide, but I've also lost the capability to.. 'see'. When I was a lot younger, I'm talking around 4-6, I used to see ghosts & 'shadow person's quite a bit. But after a.. what I'd like to call a horrific sighting, I stopped seeing things, but around the same time I also stopped having the nightmares I was so often plagued with. And I don't know if this helps, but one of my closer friends (who knows a lot about this) has told me that ghosts/spirits also find me to be rather intimidating. confused

So, I was wondering if anyone has any insight on how I can gain a spirit guide and/or a totem animal. I've seen that you guys have mentioned meditation, but hopefully someone can elaborate on that a bit more for me. Thanks everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:17 pm
Totem animals are traditionally met in the "astral forest" - during meditation, you go into the forest, and your totem will be there... but that's just how I was taught. If you think that could be of interest to you, feel free to PM me.

I - that I am aware of - have a human spirit guide that is actually a past incarnation of myself. I also have 2 Totems - the shadow/ power totems, and 3 Guardians that I encountered tonight for the first time. All of these show themselves to me as various animals - orchard spider, arctic wolf, horse, leopard and lion. My patron Goddess is Bast.

Yeah, I know I appear to have loads compared to others. That's cuz I know the entities are there and go actively looking for them... I annoy quite a few of them, but I like to pay them tribute and honour, so it's important for me to know they're there so I can make sure I honour them the right way.  

Jasta

Cerulean Crayon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:54 pm
I'm not sure you'd call Chercher a spirit guide. She started as a character I wrote into a story, but I later started hearing her voice in my mind giving my the practical advice and such I needed, when I was too dumb to tell it to myself. So, I really don't know what she is.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff