Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Astrology Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

light_yamagi

6,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:15 am
Not at all, most people only read their horoscopes for fun in the newspaper or on those place mats you get at Chinese restaurants for kicks and laughs, not because they actually believe that stars and constellations will dictate what they will do that day or month, not like the ancients of those times did, back then, the stars decided who lived and who died, not like today.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:40 pm
Oh..HAPPY NEW YEAR (Chinese: Earth Rat) Everyone!!!!
I  

Aubre Lark

the-jo87

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:16 am
Awwws, I'm sad. Has everyone given up on the Astrology class? Sad day!!!

Is everyone just busy busy? Probably. It's okay. I understand. Life is hectic. . . BUT I LOVE ASTROLOGY!!! LoL!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Hope to hear from everyone soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:08 pm
Peaches? Where did you go?  

light_yamagi

6,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

shivanti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:07 pm
by the way if anyone has any questions,Peachs left me and i think some others with the job of answering anything while shes away. And she appears to be away, so feel free to ask away,you can pm me to if u want  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:28 pm
As Shivanti, Andrew, has said I'm currently unavailable. I've got some family things to work out. My father, who lives in Texas, has cancer. I'm currently with him every step of the way. I'm hoping that my assistants can help take over the class for a bit. In the mean time please bare with me.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

Bastenchury

Gracious Lunatic

shivanti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:09 pm
Well guys ill be giving the lessons till peaches gets back and may all our best wishes be with her. Ive been asked to cover the twelve signs of the western zodiac, im well aware that you all know a bit about these signs but i plan on giving a deeper meaning to them. Im going to go element by element as its one of the main ways the signs are divided up. Ill be starting with fire in about a days time, btw feel free to point anything out if i say something you disagree with, i havent been doing this quite as long as peaches =D see you soon guys  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:50 pm
I suppose this is the start of Lesson 14, but itll be in parts.
Im starting with fire, i suppose for no apparent reason but oh well, heres a bit of background info to go on.
The western zodiac is as peaches has explained before split into 12 sun signs, and the 12 signs are in turn split into elements, 3 to each element. You can work out which sun sign you have by when you were born, and dont worry if your sign sun doesnt suit you completely your eastern moon sign will, probably explain the other half. For example im an Aquarius, yet i have quite a bit of fire in me for an Aquarius which is explained by me being a horse and never shutting up =P. I see Astrology as a tool to help people explain and understand themselves and others and thats how ill be teaching it too, so hope you enjoy. Heres Leo to start with.

Leo, the Lion
July 23-August 22
Fire
Sun

Leo is the lion, and very much fits it. Like a lion thye are full of pride and grace, they think alot of themselves and other and expect people to live up to their thoughts. Leo traditionally falls into the second month of summer when the heat of the sun is ripening the fruits of the earth as brought forth during the nurturing time of Cancer. Leo is like that its the sign the pulls everyone up with its brightness and it has alot in common with cancer. Leo physically rules the heart and is so connected with the feelings of love, courage, loyalty and generosity. They also lead with the heart and therefore make great leaders, inspiring others, urging them on with support, they exude a natural nobility and inner confidence which inspires trust, devotion and loyalty, all very much of the heart. A lion is suppose to be king of the beasts, and so Leos can expect to be treated as kings at times which really means they need to be given plenty of respect, if you do this and flatter their vanity enough you can usually win a Leo over. For all you give to a Leo though, you do get it back, as i read once "nothing is to great for the friends of a leo" and its true, a Leo will give their friends all the support needed and bestow great amounts of generosity and love on their inner circle. If you turn on a Leo though watch out, for they can be fierce and they are ruled by the sun, a steady controlled fire which can really do some damage, also Leos remeber those who attack their pride(in both senses of the word) and can hold a grudge for quite some time. Leo is as i side ruled by the heart and so makes a tremendously passionate lover, who is very loyal, romantic and to the satisfaction of some and not to to others, possesive.

Theres always well what could be considered the opposite side though, depending on how you look at it. Leos can be quite vain and need to be told how great they are more than once, they need alot of intimate affection and consequently can be quite attention seeking, also they almost expect the same fire they give out to return to them. Leos can be very arrogant too, their egos mean alot to them and can get in the way a bit, its also their weakspot too, a Leo doesnt handle critiscm very well and well they can suffer from the universe revolves around me syndrome a bit.

To summarise, the Leo is proud, arrogant and vain like a lion, but also intimate, loyal, loving, generous, and confident like a lion. They rule the heart, are ruled by the heart and therefore their emotions, they are the refined fire that glows and uplifts everything else with its light.

If you are a Leo, dont expect to much of yourself and remember you can not only meet but outshine everyone elses expectations. I know your emotions are very powerfull things but if their getting in the way you need to find an outlet them, probably something creative like writing or painting. Also try to remember to keep everyone on the same level as you, they dont all have the same high expectations as you do but if give them support theyll get there and support you along the way.

If your friends with a Leo, remeber to give them plenty of room and respect. Compliment them when theyre feeling down, give them all the support they need and youll get it right back.

Finally if your lucky enough to be in a relationship with a Leo, its you theyre going to be expecting a lot of physical and emotional attention from so give it to them and if you need a bit of room to, just communicate, that always helps solve the problem.

All in all Leo is a lion, and sought of like the bonfire at night rather than the raging forest fire, given the right nurture and care they can grow to become great people like Napoleon Bonaparte or the car maker Henry Ford. If anyone has any questions, i can probably answer quite a few as i have a lot of Leos in my life, so please feel free and ill be moving onto the slightly more subtle fire sign, sagitarius soon.  

shivanti

Rubby Fun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:30 pm
Can i still sign up??
my birthday is the 15th of october, which makes me a libra and air element. i dont know my eastern sign though, and i've never heard of it before!! xp  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:58 pm
yeah sure, just follow the lessons =)  

shivanti

shivanti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:59 pm
Sagittarius, masculine, Fire
22nd November to 21 December
This is the last month of autumn and the nature and qualities of Sagittarius are closely associated with this time of year prior to the inter solstice, when the days begin to get longer again, this time for thanksgiving and reflection of past blessings and misfortunes. In physical terms Sagittarius rules the thigh's and legs, the very told needed to go out and explore, travel and see the world looking for life’s adventures. Sagittarius is restless, an explorer keen on seeing life from a broader perspective, needing to know whets on the other side of the horizon. Like the symbol, the archer, Sagittarius sends out energy like arrows in all directions, following to see where they land, covering enormous ground and latitude of thought, learning and growing in wisdom along the way. Sagittarius represents a search for self through activity that reaffirms humanities place in both physical and spiritual worlds; it does not limit this search to satisfy the individual ego, but is inclusive of all people. The other aspect of Sagittarius symbol is the centaur; through the upper human part there is a soaring intellect, seeking inspiration from the heavens, while the lower part of the animal keeps its legs firmly on the ground, connected to the needs of physical reality. Sagittarius is on a quest for understanding the truth of the higher and lower natures of life, with a desire to coalesce them in a united world. Sagittarius has a great need for freedom and independence, both physically and mentally, in order to undertake the journeys of body and mind into the realms of awareness and understanding. Sagittarius cannot be contained or held back, the very energy of the sign is outgoing and expansive. Sagittarius has a habit of taking an idea and trying to lead everyone by it, for the good of mankind, this can make them seem self-righteous and dogmatic at times. Sagittarius ruling planet is Jupiter so, Sagittarian nature is optimistic and good hearted, pleasure loving and benevolent soul. The Sagittarian approach to life is straightforward and rarely subtle, boldly going after many goals and hoping each will turn up a reward. If one doesn’t then Sagittarius will be momentarily disappointed, great full for the experience and move on to the next with positive expectations. Sagittarius always wants more pleasure, more food, more wine, more sex, its difficult for them to put a limit on their desire, which can often lead to their own doing. In relationships, Sagittarius try’s to avoid large amounts of emotional responsibility, and must have freedom to come and go as their whim takes them. Commitment is fine, being trapped or limited by a relationship is not. An intellectually stimulating and physically energetic companion is the most desirable mate, one the understands Sagittarius free spirit and will behave accordingly. In its most positive expression, Sagittarius is straightforward, magnanimous(generous in forgiving an insult or injury; free from petty resentfulness or vindictiveness) and adventurous with an expansional and inspirational mind, an excellent teacher. In its negative expression Sagittarius is tactless and coarse, fanatical, dictoral and never satisfied. Some famous Sagittarians include, Mark Twain, William Blake and Jane Austen. Hope that’ll hope with the understanding of a rather tricky fire sign.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:47 pm
All students who read and participate in this lesson (above) please click the tracker about (poll). Thanks. You too Andrew.

Just to let me know that people are still active here.

Bastenchury

Gracious Lunatic

Soleil Lune

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:11 pm
Boy and girls. I now introduce to you the AstroClass Mule. She'll be used to post Lessons, give out prizes and give out mail letters. Adding her to your friends list is your first goal. I've sent out friend requests for those I have on my list. So add her/me and then we'll get back on track.

Warning! Ignoring Miss Astro could be considered wanting out of the class.

As Peaches Sebastian I am back...hence the introduction of Miss Astro.

~Peaches

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:00 am
Hey guys sorry ive been really slack lately. Ive been on holiday down the bottom of NZ and kinda away from the net, but now i shall try to get right back into it. I have a lesson on Aries to post up and well go from there. It looks like ill be looking after th class for a while, So for lesson ideas could everyone please post up one specific thing they would like to learn about astrology and there will most likely be a lesson on it, or it will be covered in a lesson. So please post away and ill have Aries up asap.  

shivanti

shivanti

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:40 pm
Hello Aries, the fire Ram, march 21st to April 20th.
This sign is always fun, and I know quite a few brilliant Aries. Like their animal Aries leads by the head, and so rules the head, brain and eyes and apart from the obvious this means that Aries are prone to headaches. It also means that they do really lead by the head, and I mean head, not mind, Aries are very headstrong people, trying to convince an Aries they are wrong even when they lost the argument hours ago, really is like head butting an angry ram. They also rush head-first into everything, an Aries is great with coming up with ideas/master plans and whatever fancies them really, they’re even great at organizing everything and stirring everyone up to do something but they get bored with it all so fast, and a long term project for an Arian can prove a difficult challenge. Still the fact that you as an Arian inspire others to get started really is a great quality, also if an Arian fails at one goal, they’re likely to just shrug it off and rush into another. Aries may seem like an individual but they are a team player, they can hate the team all they want, but they need the team in the end to pull through and recognizing that would be good for any Arian. Typically an Arian is blunt, bold and strong, you’ll know what they want because they’ll tell you then take it from you and this all leads to Arians having very big egos. An Aries perspective of the world is completely personal and subjective, they judge everything on a personal basis. Pair this with a constant need to compete and you get one egotistical, arrogant and selfish character, so one of the main things Aries needs to learn is to share and co-operate with others, but the above makes Aries a great sportsperson, soldier and idol for many others, due to the fact that the above also makes them bold and courageous people. There’s a down side to this too though, Aries make great leaders and thus have a problem with authority, they’re impulsive, energetic almost rushed leadership makes them strong but not much of a democrat, and more like a dictator.
Aries also doesn’t like routine and repetition once something is done, its done and Aries wants to move on tot the next, there is a constant desire for spontaneity and freedom to pursue ones owns personal goals, for these reasons Aries should pick their jobs carefully, I try to do something that’s never the same thing twice. I also said above that Aries has a habit of not completing goals, as hard as it is, it is actually quite important for them to complete their goals as this is what gives Aries its individual security, but it may be hard rule for Aries to learn. Lastly is love, and Aries is just full of energy to be put in that area, they can be powerfully romantic, very protective and a fierce and protective lover with the only downside being that they’re a bit selfish and demanding. To work on that Aries just needs to do what’s said above, be like their polar opposite Libra and learn to think for others before themselves.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games