Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Is Canon Destroyed By Fiction? May contain Spoilers! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

queerduck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:32 pm
Okay, so, I was thinking the other day, about my favorite Harry Potter ships. And I realized, thanks to fiction, I won't ship Draco with anybody.

Now, normally this wouldn't be a problem, seeing as how Draco doesn't really have a relationship with anyone, except maybe for Pansy. (Ew.)

Ah, but here's the catch:

I won't ship Draco with anyone but Harry.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love Harry Potter. I really, and truly do. But everytime I hear about Harry "falling in love" with Ginny, I'm screaming inside about how "No, no, no! He loves DRACO! Draco, Draco, DRACO!"

It makes cannon seem so...silly?

I just about DIED during the Epilogue.

So, basically, what I'm trying to say, is:

Does anyone else feel this way when reading the book, or het. fiction?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:49 pm
HELL YES.
Everyone I know does! Including me! So, I think that was one of the best books so far, until the epilogue! It bumped it down from my second favorite to my fourth when I read the epilogue! I don't ship Harry or Draco with anyone else, or Remus and Sirius with anyone else! So basically, all Canon has done is ruin my life!  

Pearls of Dimond

A CLOCKWORK ORGASM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:58 pm
Aha, for H/D, canon is annoying and stupid and unreasonable.
Because H/D is amazing and beautiful in every way.

But for R/S, I must say... theirloveissocanon!
If you read completely canon fanfics, where the authors go to great lengths to make it completely and utterly true to the HPotterverse, then it's amazing to see. For example, I can totally see everything in the Shoebox Project happening. It's completely canon.

<33

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:28 am
*beams* My type of people.
I have the same problem.

Yeah. It does. There's a fanfiction better than the Published books, actually--that's not all for the ships, (though it's Drarry, xD).

I clipped the Epilogue out of my books. I'm in hard-headed denial.
-blinks- Het....fiction....? xP

StargemKitty

A CLOCKWORK ORGASM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:05 pm
StargemKitty
*beams* My type of people.
I have the same problem.

Yeah. It does. There's a fanfiction better than the Published books, actually--that's not all for the ships, (though it's Drarry, xD).

I clipped the Epilogue out of my books. I'm in hard-headed denial.
-blinks- Het....fiction....? xP

WHAT EPILOGUE? -shifty eyes-
Yeah, I agree - there are some fics that are longer than the books, and are much more well written.
<3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:48 pm
I fined myself likeing the Epilogue, if simply for AS/S

melon-san

LilMeady

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:40 pm
Let's see... Yay for Epilogue because of AS/S.

Boo for Epilogue because of all that other crap.

I also can't stand reading het, but I can write it okay. My As/S has het in it, but it may have little twists later on.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:06 pm
I actually liked the opportunities the Epilogue left open.

Angst can follow!

Cheating on their wives, perhaps?

I think them getting married adds a lot to the GinnyLuna pairings. I ish writing a fic for it and everything because cheating on your spouses is awesome.

Only.
Not.
Really.
: D

SamySchweiz

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:48 pm
*Sigh.* Unfortunately that has happened to me as well...Now I prefer fic to cannon...I mean fic seems more cannon to me now than the actual cannon, that whole last "book" as she liked to call it, was just too damned forced. ;[
Not a bit of it seemed to flow for me, except maybe the last big battle...That was okay but the rest...No absolutely no.
I don't know what she was thinking but it sure was not co-hearent thought. -.-
Anyways yeah I tend to go more for I prefer the fic over cannon and actually think of it more as cannon now, so sad, eh?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:43 am
When Remus and Tonks got together in the 6th book, I threw it out my window. I retrieved a few hours later though; I was curious as to how the book ended.

RemusxSirius forever!!!!!!!!!!!! heart  

F!XX V!V!D

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:08 pm
That is no way to treat a book. ;[  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:53 pm
Yeah when I stumbled across the fact that Remus & Tonks had gotten married in the 7th book I threw it on my floor and stomped all over it. Remus is NOT supposed to be getting married to Tonks he's supposed to be grieving for Sirius's death and then joining him. Then my mommy got mad at me and tried to take the book away from me cause I was abusing it. But that's coz Sirius and Remus are supposed to be together. NO TONKS! She wouldn't listen to my pleas.

Wow I was really repetitive.  

SplitDemonIdentity

Jesilyn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:24 am
Mmmmm... I just pretend the "curt nod" Draco gives to Harry in the epilogue is because he dare not show his true feelings and possibly let everyone know about his secret 19 year affair with Harry. Or something.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:46 pm
March_Hare`
*Sigh.* Unfortunately that has happened to me as well...Now I prefer fic to cannon...I mean fic seems more cannon to me now than the actual cannon, that whole last "book" as she liked to call it, was just too damned forced. ;[
Not a bit of it seemed to flow for me, except maybe the last big battle...That was okay but the rest...No absolutely no.
I don't know what she was thinking but it sure was not co-hearent thought. -.-
Anyways yeah I tend to go more for I prefer the fic over cannon and actually think of it more as cannon now, so sad, eh?

i second that! lol  

Dickjoke

Supermodel

Haydn Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:12 pm
yes, only the one I can't stand is Ron/Hermy... I keep thinking "NO! Hermione should be with Luna and Ron should be celibate..."  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff