The Chaos Dwarfs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:39 pm
Quote:
The warpstone is what warped the chaos dwarfs into their current form.It's what the warp dust in the fluff I posted was.

Thank you for that information. In the Chaos Dwarf amry book it just says that they were caught out in the open by chaos, and though they survived, they were twisted.

Quote:
the beastmen first came through the polar gates according to one of the Gotrek books.they set uphsop in the Olde World and are now firmly rooted.

I haven't read the Gotrek books, so I wouldn't know. Sorry for noobing so bad.
Quote:
The Skaven were not men but rats that were transformed by warpstone.There was dark magic involved aswell.The story is in the Skaven book(amaizingly rolleyes )The "evil rats" killed all the men and Dwarfs of a big city so Skaven could not possibly be related to men.

I don't think I ever actually said that Skaven were once men. I know that they were once rats. All I said was that they were changed. I never said what was changed, my bad.

Quote:
It also says beastmen can't allie with with mortals.There are no rules in ti for combining armies.

Yes, I know. But now they've produced new rules for both the Beastmen and The Hordes of Chaos, which are the current rules and the ones you use now. However, they have not published any new CD rules. The most current one is the one in Ravening Hordes, so those are the rules you use in tournaments. Those rules state nothing about combining with Chaos, so in tournaments you can't combine Chaos Dwarves with Chaos as you would with Beastmen. To summarize:I can't use my bother's models in my army unless I'm playing a special scenario that allows me to do so. To summarize the summary:CDs aren't part of Chaos.
Quote:
Lethkhar,I'm sorry if I've been rude but when I'm in a debat I go in for all or nothing.The problem is I'll start to get too impassoined about subjects that I'm not really to bothered about,like "Were the CD created or not?"I don't mean any real offense.What is said in a debate says in the debate. wink

No problem, as you can see I pretty much have the same problem. I get a little too personal about a silly argument. Then I stray off-topic about the english language and what exactly create means. Seriously.

Bull Centaurs. Yes, I forgot to mention those. What's to say? If you want a unit destroyed, send in a small unit of Bull Centaurs and that unit is food for the Hobgoblins.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:32 am
Bull Centaurs and Lammasu, where do they come from? In the official warhammer world book it talks about them being mutations of regular Chaos Dwarfs, but I don't know what the army book says.  

berserker_girl

GT_Popogeejo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:24 am
IIRC the book tells that Hashut sent out some king of firey wave wich gave all CD their tusks,but some were more blessed.the strongest became bull centaurs and Great Taurus while the most magicy became wizards and Lasmau.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:58 pm
Bull centaurs are dwarves that have been even more mutated than the chaos dwarves. Not sure about the lammasu and the great taurus, maybe they were already there.  

Lethkhar

berserker_girl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:55 pm
Any tips for someone interested in playing Chaos Dwarfs? What reasons would you give someone to start a Chaos Dwarf army?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:53 pm
If you like dwarves but think they're too goody-goody, go with Chaos Dwarves. That's why my brother started playing them when he was ten. Of course, there are plenty of other reasons:

Earthshaker cannons have the ability to stop your enemies from moving completely, giving you more turns to shoot them with the earthshaker cannnon. Any CD army should include a few of those. What my brother tends to do is he builds a "wall" of blunderbusses in front of his war machines. Anything within range will get pummeled, and to get into charge range with anything below an elven steed in movement you need to get within Blunderbus range. Large units of Sneaky Gits are perfect against outnumbered units such as knights because they can literally surround them. Perfect against brettonian armies! Bull centaurs are arguably the best cavalry in the game, and they pack a large punch. They're good if you want to get a bit more offensive. My brother doesn't use them too much against me because he prefers to be defensive against my army. Have any questions and I'll ask my brother. Another reason to get CDs is that they have big hats! biggrin  

Lethkhar

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:03 pm
One of my friends plays Chaos Dwarves, and they are an insult to everything the Dwarf player stands for. They have Sorcerers, Flying monsters, Orcs, and yet due to the large pointy hats I cannot say I entirely dislike them. I've only played against them once, and they are a solid force to go against. As for playing no, can't say that I am interested in them, only against. I would like to have a large pointy hat though...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:17 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
One of my friends plays Chaos Dwarves, and they are an insult to everything the Dwarf player stands for. They have Sorcerers, Flying monsters, Orcs, and yet due to the large pointy hats I cannot say I entirely dislike them. I've only played against them once, and they are a solid force to go against. As for playing no, can't say that I am interested in them, only against. I would like to have a large pointy hat though...

Lol. Yeah, the hats own everything. I wish my chaos warriors could have hats...
And that's basically what Chaos Dwarves are, Chaos's form of mocking the traditional noble Dwarf warrior.  

Lethkhar

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:20 pm
Yep, faced one with my Dwarf army, became my first grudge, never thought a hobgoblin would get so damn lucky... curse you Greenskins! Curse you I say! scream  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:56 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
Yep, faced one with my Dwarf army, became my first grudge, never thought a hobgoblin would get so damn lucky... curse you Greenskins! Curse you I say! scream

Hehe...Yeah, some people think it's kind of cheap that CD's can have greenskins. But I just say,"Bring it on!"  

Lethkhar

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:41 pm
Lethkhar
Bull centaurs are dwarves that have been even more mutated than the chaos dwarves. Not sure about the lammasu and the great taurus, maybe they were already there.

Just popped in, and to clarify your curiosity about the Great Taurus and Lammasu, they were formed when the Chaotic Winds of Magic spilled into the world, and fused man, beast, and other beasts together. In result creating the Beastmen, Griffions, Hippogriffs (sp?), Winged Pegasus, etc. The Great Taurus is made of a big ole bull, and a winged creature, but the Lammasu I don't know since I have no idea what it looks like.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:43 pm
Lethkhar
EliotJamesRookwood

Hehe...Yeah, some people think it's kind of cheap that CD's can have greenskins. But I just say,"Bring it on!"

Well, if the Chaos Dwarfs were to be rewriten I see the army getting limited on their Greenskin intake.  

Daemon_King

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:39 pm
Daemon_King
Lethkhar

Just popped in, and to clarify your curiosity about the Great Taurus and Lammasu, they were formed when the Chaotic Winds of Magic spilled into the world, and fused man, beast, and other beasts together. In result creating the Beastmen, Griffions, Hippogriffs (sp?), Winged Pegasus, etc. The Great Taurus is made of a big ole bull, and a winged creature, but the Lammasu I don't know since I have no idea what it looks like.

I think it's part lion...It's weird.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:41 pm
Lethkhar
Daemon_King
Lethkhar

I'll know is that it's part bird, and is made of something else. Lion maybe, it's not like other things aren't part lion in Warhammer.  

Daemon_King

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:44 pm
Daemon_King
Lethkhar
Daemon_King
Lethkhar

I'll know is that it's part bird, and is made of something else. Lion maybe, it's not like other things aren't part lion in Warhammer.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ok, not lion (I always mistook the beard for mane).

Bull, bird...What else do you see there?  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff