Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Chaos Dwarfs Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelic_Executioner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:51 am
Come here to talk about the Sons of the Darkness, better known as the Chaos Dwarfs!

Ice Breaker: How do you think GW will handle the Chaos Dwarfs from now on? Will they become short chaos warriors - gonk - or will the Big Hats be making a come back?

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:54 am
Welcome to

The Dark Lands

Home of the Chaos Dwarfs (and other nasties)

The Dark Lands

The Dark Lands are located between the World's Edge Mountains and the Mountains of Mourn. They are a desolate wasteland blasted by the foul energies of chaos and stripped bare by the brutal lords of this dark realm, the Chaos Dwarfs.
The Dark Lands are populated by tribes of Greenskins, packs of gigantic wolves, trolls, and other beasts. Small, hardy shrubs and black, twisted trees grow from the hot, rocky volcanic soil. The fact that anything can live in the Dark Lands is miracle, or a curse.
Geographically, the Dark Lands can be split up into a number of different regions: the Blasted Wastes, the Wolf Lands, the Howling Wastes, and the Plain of Zharr, the real of the Dwarfs.

Following along the gargantuan ridge of the Mountains of Mourn is the River Ruin, a black, polluted, toxic river that flows south through the Dwarfs' capital city of Zharr Naggrund from the Chaos Wastes to the north.

In the south of the Dark Lands stand the Sentinels, great pillars of rock that have stood for ages. No one, not even the Dwarfs have any idea what their purpose might have been.

The Sons of Darkness

The Chaos Dwards are the decendents of the Dwarven explorers that followed great seams of gold and silver through the World's Edge Mountains shortly before the Great Catastrophe. The most adventurous and gold-hungry of these explorers made their way into what they called Zorn Uzkul, the "Great Skull Land."

The Dark Lands held nothing for the Dwarven explorers, no mineral wealth, shelter, or food source. However, the Mountains of Mourn that rose up beyond the vast Dark Lands called to the most "reckless" of them. And so, they banded together and made the journey across the wastes. They eventually lost all contact with their western kin.

When the Great Catastrophe fell upon the world, the explorers were caught in the open. The Dark Lands had nothing that could stem the tide of Chaos that poured from the nearby Wastes. The Dwarfs, true to their nature, survived the terror, but were forever changed.

The noble nature of the Dwarfs was twisted by the power of Chaos, and they found a new god, Hashut, whom they knew as the "Father of Darkness." Their pride was corrupted as well, and they ceased mining on their own, and instead enslaved the poor wretches that lived in the Dark Lands, mainly Greenskins and other, larger, hardier beasts.

They also gained the ability to use magic, though at a great cost to their sorcerers. As the years go by and their ability increases, they are gradually turned to stone, until only a statue remaines. These statures line the road from the Tower of Goreoth and its mines, past the Gates of Zharr, and to the very city of Zharr Naggrund itself.

They also gave themselves a new name, the Dawi'zharr, the "Dwarfs of the Place of Fire." But to the outside world, they are known as the Chaos Dwarfs.  

Angelic_Executioner

Reddemon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:54 am
this is part of Chaos Fanasty  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:55 am
Reddemon
this is part of Chaos Fanasty

Dark Elf said I could make it. I pm'ed him about it earlier today.

And I'm going to add background information for those who don't know about them.  

Angelic_Executioner

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:08 am
good thing DE approved and you said somthing becuase i was about to drop the bomb  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am
Mat
good thing DE approved and you said somthing becuase i was about to drop the bomb

Thanks. The thought of putting a disclaimer in the first post had occured to me, but it skipped my mind just after. I'll add one.  

Angelic_Executioner

Dark-oneechan

Gracious Grabber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:02 pm
Why would you ahve dropped t3h bomb? Yhey are a legitimate army in fantasy. Pity about the Squats in 40K.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:02 am
The question with Chaos Dwarfs is this, do you make an army out of them, or something like the Kislev allies. I've been thinking about it, and I think the dual nature of an allie list like the Kislevs is great for such an army as the Chaos Dwarfs. I'm gonna try to write one up, and give more reasons. It might take a day or too to even out.

If anyone has any imput or suggestions, leave them here please.  

Angelic_Executioner

WNxHotSoup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:37 pm
Chaos Dwarfs dont have a amry book, and are just an add-on to dwarfs or chaos, so this should be put in those threads. The mods of this guild should look at that...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:18 am
i play dwarfs and you sayin the chaos dwarfs are an add-on to the dwarfs is insulting.  

Lord of Ostlandria

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
The thing is, the Chaos Dwarfs will one day be revived into a new army following the style of the Chaos Hellcannon crew, or they will not be revived as an army, but as small units, as with the Dogs of War styled Tilean units.

At least we wont be seeing them anymore with the stupid oversized hats, overly cartoonish evil beards and beady eyes.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:36 pm
Lt_Brookman
The thing is, the Chaos Dwarfs will one day be revived into a new army following the style of the Chaos Hellcannon crew, or they will not be revived as an army, but as small units, as with the Dogs of War styled Tilean units.

At least we wont be seeing them anymore with the stupid oversized hats, overly cartoonish evil beards and beady eyes.

But that made them funny!  

Drachyench

GT_Popogeejo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:40 pm
NightPredator11
Chaos Dwarfs dont have a amry book, and are just an add-on to dwarfs or chaos, so this should be put in those threads. The mods of this guild should look at that...

Sorry but thats just wrong.(At present any way.)
The CD have a legal army list in ravening hordes wich can alsobe found on the GW site.Current rumours say a release in 2007/8 in Machines of chaos.
Very goood army I might say.blunderbusses ae the sweetest guns for defenders.Nothing has been said about the infamous hats but they may return.The reason that the hellcannon wouldn't of been wearing them is because they were engineers not regular troops.

Thank you and goodnight.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:42 pm
Those hats made them look like Russian communist.  

Daemon_King

GT_Popogeejo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:49 pm
I can see what you mean smile
Wikipedia has this> Wikipedia
Prety usefull stuff on that sight,though some of it is out of date.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff