Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hawk_McKrakken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:19 am
A product of two long hours of waiting for the bus after geology class:

User Image

'Tis what's circled in red, of course. I felt the need to post the rest of that junk to kinda show how I messed around until I got satisfactory letters... and don't ask me to explain why I drew those random Nickelodeon characters. xp I wouldn't be able to anyway.

I didn't write the letters in any particular order, but here are the letters I know are involved:

A/B/D/E/F/G/H/I/K/L/M/N/O/P/R/S/T/U/V/Z

Any input as to which of my letters would strike you as "vowel-like" would be nice... I've always thought it best to get the vowels out of the way first.

And if you're reading this, Xeigrich... this is the conscript that I would be very grateful for you to make a font out of. Pwetty pwease? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:21 am
It looks very Runic. It doesn't seem to flow as well as some scripts; some of the letters seem incongruent with each other, but that does happen.  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Xeigrich
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:08 pm
It... kinda looks a bit like my own Anzer Pex writing system. eek

I mean, none of the symbols are the same, and only a few are similar, but the individual symbol components and overall uh... aesthetics of it reminds me of Anzer Pex.

Rounded letters, thanks to the English alphabet's a/o/e/u, tend to strike me as vowels. If I'm counting right and there are 20 symbols, I'd say the 2nd, the 4th, the 9th, the 16th and the 17th look the most vowelish to me. Otherwise, I'd go with the 7th, 8th, 10th, 12th and 13th (the ones with the basic "h" shape or "h with double hump" shape). I like similar sounds to share common elements. sweatdrop

Oh, and sure, I'll make this into a font... Might be the easiest one yet because there're so few symbols. Can you get me a cleaned-up sample with each symbol matched to a keyboard letter of your preference?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:16 pm
AWESOME CONSCRIPT! I love it! It looks like something you'd find in a spell book of some sort. I dig those kind of things.  

Serali88

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Conscripts & Orthographies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out