Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Fertility and Gynecology Subforum
I've got a question that I have not been able to answer.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Onani Master Luna Thoth

Hygienic Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:25 pm
Okay so I went to wikipedia, and looked up periods, becuase well I was curious as to weather or not it is possible to get pregant during this time. Its a question I've been looking for an answer for for a long time. Any ways it seems that no place online has it, and my doctor didn't really have much of an idea either. Now I've not been to see my special doctor for a few months, haven't had any problems every thing is working well. Any ways I was wondering if any one had any ideas about that. Pregancy during your period...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:14 pm
Yes, yes it is 100% possible to get pregnant at any time in your cycle, including while you're on your period.

If your doctor couldn't answer that, she should be fired and you should get a new doctor immediately. And I'm serious.

In the future, a google search with typed like this: "get pregnant during period" will result in:
http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/pregnantduringperiod.html
http://www.positive.org/Home/faq/pregnancy.html
http://www.kidshealth.org/teen/question/periods/sex_during_period.html
etc.

Google searches are as simple as that.  

Savina

darkecrow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:15 pm
it is very posible but who would want to have sex on there period?? that would be gross and probaly hurt the female my dad is a obgyn and he said you denfinatly can get pregnant  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:22 pm
spadeblank9101
it is very posible but who would want to have sex on there period?? that would be gross and probaly hurt the female my dad is a obgyn and he said you denfinatly can get pregnant

No, it is not gross, and it does not hurt. There is no reason why it should hurt. In fact, many women feel discomfort during sex if they are too dry. They don't usually have that problem when they have sex during their period though since the menstrual fluid acts as a lubricant. Many couples have sex when they are on their period.  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:05 pm
LorienLlewellyn
spadeblank9101

No, it is not gross, and it does not hurt. There is no reason why it should hurt. In fact, many women feel discomfort during sex if they are too dry. They don't usually have that problem when they have sex during their period though since the menstrual fluid acts as a lubricant. Many couples have sex when they are on their period.
More or less it's just messy. Although my husband doesn't want to but says he will since sex does ease cramps.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:32 pm
You can most definetly get pregnant during your cycle. Your doctor should know that and shame on them for not being straight forward with you about it! You can ALWAYS get pregnant, anytime, any day. There are some people (like my brother in law, what a moron) who insist you can only get pregnant when you are actually ovulating....which is complete nonsense.

As for the sex during your period being uncomfortable or something...nah. It feels the same basically, and yes it does ease cramps! Sex also helps bring on labor when you are pregnant and past your due date and it can sometimes help with constipation. Anyways, back to the subject at hand. It can be messy, but if you are like me and shower after intercourse anyways then you dont have to worry about it lol.  

Ceceelia

Fertility and Gynecology Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff