Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Once again... i ask for help... hehehe -is sweating-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:20 pm
For those that remember me from 2 years ago, i wrote christian lyrics, was in a christian band, and asked you all if my songs were good or not. What you do not know, is that peer preasure got a hold of me last year, i was invited into a secular band (my other band didnt get very far) and i took the invitation, and began writing secular music. But, the Lord is good, is he not? I was kicked out of the band for being christian, Along with my friend Kait, who is also christian. Well... We decided that we'd make our own band. After MONTHS of praying, we finally got an answer. Right now, its still just the two of us, but we might be getting a bassist from my youth group. This band is for God, and nothing else. almost all my lyrics will mention his name. I know alot of christian bands dont always use his name. But heck, why not? He is our Lord and Savior, is he not? All the lyrics will be christian. now that you read all that... Here is where i need help. When i finally get the band together, i wanna think of ways to keep each other on check. Meaning staying close to our faith. The biggest thought that's pressing me atm is a group bible study. Whenever we get together for a jam session, we'll have a devotional as well. Here is the second request. I'm still getting out of my... bad habit writting, i would greatly appreciate it if a few people could just check my lyrics, to make sure they dont have anything against Christian beliefs in them. Here is the first song i wrote for my new band... The name of the band is C.O.R btw... which stands for Covenant of Redemption. (if you DO NOT want to help, dont scroll down further, cuz its a song with a long intro.)

(intro) Look around is this who we are? Take a peak in the past, from the fall of man, jealousy and hatred were born. This hatred that became deliberate misunderstanding. Through this... We found ourselves in war. Our complete disregard for human life has brought us to where we are, these monstrosities we have become. So will you take a stand? Rise up inside, and lift your voice. The apathy must end today. For today they will hear the pure of heart. Together we will make them see what their persecution has done. Today... We will make our voices heard.

(verse 1) Our time is now
After years of waiting
Standing on the sidelines
We will make our presence known.
Can you hear it?
The cries of those in torment?
Let the tears of the persecuted be the fuel for our cause.
Our time is now
Will you make a stand?

(chorus) Grieve no more
Your cries have been heard
Fear not
Nothing is impossible in the name of the Lord
So rise up
Together we'll stand
And together we can quell the apathy.
In the end
You and I will be transformed
We will be one
And we will prevail.

(verse 2) To fear is to fail
And I choose the path of martyrdom over one of silence
Regardless the consequences
We must break these chains
And rise victorious over this foul darkness
That has engulfed our world

(chorus) Grieve no more
Fear not
So rise up
Together we'll stand
In the end
We will be one
And we will prevail.

(verse 3) This is our time
And even if I stand alone
I'll fight for you
But fear not the persecution of man
They may break our bodies
But they cannot touch our souls
... We are the ever lasting (not sure bout this line... should i take it out?)

(chorus) Grieve no more
Fear not
So rise up
Together we'll stand
In the end
We will be one
And we will prevail.

Thats the first song I wrote, its called Darkness. Once again, please dont feel obligated to do anything, this is only a request, nothing more. I'm not sure if the last line in verse 3 is christian... thats really the main thing i'm not so sure about with this song, but i think its good... >.< but my opinion doesnt count here, cuz i'm asking for yours.... Ok ok, i'll shuts up now >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:11 am
the last three lines of verse 3 doesnt really bother me. they just seem to make sense in a way. i would not take it out.

as for the rest of the song, i really like.

i say, go for it !!  

sunshinehearttrob

Michael Buchanan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:20 am
I like it  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:26 pm
It's pretty good, dude. I have been trying so hard for the past couple of years to try and get a band put together. I could never really do it, besides, I can't write lyrics that well. I have a good singing voice, but I can't write lyrics that well.  

tep

Benevolent Prophet

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:55 pm
sweet. i've been trying to be in a good band for 3 years... plus i'm a muscian by blood, my whole family is a line of muscians. but mind you... i'm not singing... i'm screaming. Jesus never said we couldn't jam for em. Its metal, kait sings though, and shes... O.O good O.O... more like amazing... lol. and thank you all for taking the time to check out that song... i have more that need to be checked though >.< if you would like to help me with those, then Pm me.... thanks ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:41 am
I scream too, dude. That's normally what I do, hence why I LOVE underOATH. Greatest Christian Screamo band ever! Though, on occasion I will just sing.  

tep

Benevolent Prophet

Faith Fairy

Crew

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:16 am
Good luck! Prayer keeps you close to God, so if every gathering begins with prayer, as you listen He will guide you.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:18 pm
what my friends are doing is we are accountablility partners.

each of us checks up on each other to make sure we are not doing ______ and trying to be more Christianly.

if that helps sweatdrop  

Dark_Candy

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:21 am
yes, it does. thank you ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:23 pm
idk feels like a slap in the face

im just not feeling it i guess

anyway a bit of wisdom for ya

"The most powerfull words are those that need not be said"  

lordstar

`Kel`