Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
faith - without pushing it onto a person

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

holyredemptionx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:37 am
Ok. Well , I have a friend and he is really nice - he was abused when he was a child and grew up in a harsh enviorment - His mom married out of desperation to remove from the catholic faith and has a sexuality issue - Father abused him veryyy much.

Well, we have been talking for over a year now and we have discussed religion a few times but he seems to get mad later into the conversation - when he was younger he beleived in God and prayed for the beating to stop but they didnt stop until around 14..

I explain to him that God did answer his prayers the beatings have stopped and so far there is no more pain. He does not know what to believe and I do not want to force religion onto him because that is known for pushing them away - I try hard to slowly creep into that topic and I care about him so I dont want him to be a lost soul.. He is not now but it can form into that he has not lost his virginity , does not drink , and never done drugs hes a good person.

I just want to help him and a little worried on how I can do that for some one I care about even though we have never met - its just that person who you dont want to see go bad.

Some tips please - Thank you soo much.

Please PM me if any questions about the conversations.

Thanks again. :]]

<3  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:50 am
He's obviously not comfortable with the topic of religion. So don't push talking about it. Just let God shine through you into his life. Whenever you personally are having problems with whatever, and are complaining about it to him, just casually mention that you trust God to get you through it. Let him see God helping you and wait for him to ask you. Then you can start talking about it.  

Sarcastic_Angel

chatula

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Ditto on the last post. Your friend obviously has a need for some kind of counseling because he has deep trust issues with God. All you can do is be a godly presence in His life and wait for him to ask you for more information.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games