Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hate crimes are...
  wrong it takes away our religious rights
View Results

pnai_pride777

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:31 pm
i was watching the coral ridge hour this morning and it was talking about hate crimes and why christians need to be cautious of this.

i listening to their reasons and i agree that its is dangerous toward christians.

and thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:33 pm
heh sry =/ i forgot to add the 2nd opinion to the poll sweatdrop  

pnai_pride777

GO-YAFFA

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:18 pm
Why do we neede to be cautios of hate crimes?  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:28 pm
take the situation of homosexuals

hate crimes take the thoughts of a person as a crime as in

say you're trying to preach the bible to a homosexual and they think your being a hatish toward them they are able to send you to court or to jail just cuz of that.

hate crimes take our rights to preach our first amendment and our right to think

theres a difference between the actual crime and hate crimes
actual crimes u see something done illegally
hate crime u just infer thats what the person thought was illegal action!  

pnai_pride777

GO-YAFFA

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:32 pm
pnai_pride777

say you're trying to preach the bible to a homosexual and they think your being a hatish toward them they are able to send you to court or to jail just cuz of that.

hate crimes take our rights to preach our first amendment and our right to think

For it to be a crime you actually have to have violated a law. If that person had told you to stop but you harrassed him and kept going then yes you are violating a law. But if he/she agreed to sit down with you and talk then it's not a crime.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:38 pm
GO-YAFFA
pnai_pride777

For it to be a crime you actually have to have violated a law. If that person had told you to stop but you harrassed him and kept going then yes you are violating a law. But if he/she agreed to sit down with you and talk then it's not a crime.

um ok then uh try taking this situation i watched it this morning:
this man saw a homosexual with a gay pride shirt so the man starts talking to the other man about being gay and why he choose that path and such
when comming out of the store, both men come out and the other man begins to say "look i've been down that road before im not sure you'll like where it leads" when the the other guy heard that he jumped back and said "dont you be putting all that bible BS on me! if you do im going to kick your ...." a week later i belive the man who was preaching was charged for harrassment and such and had to pay 7000$ fine. he stated no where in the trial did the judge ask "did you hate this man?"  

pnai_pride777

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:57 pm
pnai_pride777
GO-YAFFA
pnai_pride777

this man saw a homosexual with a gay pride shirt so the man starts talking to the other man about being gay and why he choose that path and such
when comming out of the store, both men come out and the other man begins to say "look i've been down that road before im not sure you'll like where it leads" when the the other guy heard that he jumped back and said "dont you be putting all that bible BS on me! if you do im going to kick your ...." a week later i belive the man who was preaching was charged for harrassment and such and had to pay 7000$ fine. he stated no where in the trial did the judge ask "did you hate this man?"

Could you please find this in any major newspaper? If it had actually happened, it would be front page, EVERYWHERE.

Hate crimes are active acts of discrimination. Assault, murder, vandalism, theft. Firing someone or refusing to hire someone, simply based on a characteristic of theirs, like skin colour or sexual orientation.

Talking to someone is not a hate crime, though if they don't want to hear it, it's unchristian to force it on them.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:26 pm
Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori
pnai_pride777
GO-YAFFA
pnai_pride777

Could you please find this in any major newspaper? If it had actually happened, it would be front page, EVERYWHERE.

Hate crimes are active acts of discrimination. Assault, murder, vandalism, theft. Firing someone or refusing to hire someone, simply based on a characteristic of theirs, like skin colour or sexual orientation.

Talking to someone is not a hate crime, though if they don't want to hear it, it's unchristian to force it on them.

well its not like he forced it on him or anything he was just telling about God. he wasnt harrassing him. and this happened years ago in 1996  

pnai_pride777

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:34 pm
First of all, I second Mendori's request for a source on this.

And honestly, if someone came up and started lecturing me based on a bloody shirt I was wearing, I'd be extremely annoyed. I'm not exactly sure if there were legal grounds for harassment charges, but seriously. That's annoying. People should be able to wear whatever stupid shirt they like without being badgered by strangers.

Whatever or not the charges were justified depends entirely on the laws in the area where it occured.

The lesson to be learned here, however, is: Don't piss people off because you don't like their shirt. Doing things like that isn't going to give Christians any brownie points with non-believers. It just solidifies their beliefs that they want nothing to do with overly-forward, nosey people who prance around under the guise of "spreading God's word."  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games