Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fuzziball Fai
Fezziwig Jr

Scrappy Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:25 pm
Sakura_kura
Empress_Kat
I like to listen to Japanese music when I'm reading. But then again, I like to listen to Jap music no matter what I'm doing. It's an odd obsession of mine. But yeah, that way I'm not distracted by lyrics, plus it's not quiet.
Ditto.
Another person! Yay!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:24 am
J-pop and rock is good, but my friend and I read Half-Blood Prince with the LotR soundtracks playing in the background. We have now gone down in the halls of geek-dom forever. Cool.  

Aelina_Songmaker

2,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:57 pm
Luckyl, today, I didn't need music. It rained for almost ten hours today and I LOVE listening to rain, so I just left my window open as I read! Tra la la de da!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:42 pm
I don't listen to anything at all. When I get really into a book like I do with the Harry Potter books, I sort of tune out everything else and kind of visualize the story...It's almost like I'm there. It sort of plays through my mind like a movie. So in a way I "hear" the characters... xp  

Violet Amastacia

Emerwyn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:29 pm
I tend to listen to Enya, because I love her music, and it's soft enough to 'teleport' me to the world I'm reading about.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:31 pm
Sakura_kura
Luckyl, today, I didn't need music. It rained for almost ten hours today and I LOVE listening to rain, so I just left my window open as I read! Tra la la de da!

Oh, I love listening to the rain, as well!!!!  

Emerwyn

Violet Amastacia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:06 pm
Emerwyn
I tend to listen to Enya, because I love her music, and it's soft enough to 'teleport' me to the world I'm reading about.

I like to listen to Enya too but I know the songs so well I find myself humming along and then can't pay attention to what I 'm reading. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:37 pm
Classical music is the best to read with, because you can have it fast, slow, deep, or light... many or any possible choice's to listen too when you read.

heart
-Tenshi no Shi  

Fearless1626

ElegantSarcasm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:56 pm
Emerwyn

Same here. Most of the time I don't listen to music, but Enya actually inspired a ficlet I wrote, once. I listen to OCRemixes when I'm reading the Mellon Chronciles alot, though. I listened to the Chronicles of Narnia soundtrack when I was studying the other night, too. I tend to listen to stuff without words so I don't try to sing it instead of read.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:37 am
I can read with any amount of noise. If it's a good book (like Harry Potter) all the noise just isn't there and you could say I was like 'sucked into the book.'
Ha ha. When I was a year three, I was reading HP in the classroom. The classroom was so noisy but I didn't notice. But anyhow when the teacher started talking and told us all to come down to the mat I was still sitting there reading. I got really embarressed because I didn't know that everyone was sitting down staring at me. redface
So yeah, I can read with any music and noise. I have to. My sister always has Ramstein (however you spell the word) playing really loudly.  

~I Love Mr Walrus~

Arrow-Arton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:19 pm
I mostly listen to w/e is on my play list at the time -_-'

If I've read the books before (HP) Ill actually listen to the audio books... not the same one as the book im reding at the time but ya im weird -_-'  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:48 am
Hm. I usually listen to the limited amount of J-Pop and J-Rock that I have.

Since I don't speak Japanese, I have no idea what the lyrics are. Heh. But I love the sound of the words and the music. 'Tis great.

elwine

DoktorJackal

Lonely Phantom

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:07 am
I don't usually read to music  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items