Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dragonlove_48

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:48 pm
Reformed Baptist
[.ZaKid.]
ReddNaxx
I'm sorry for you but the Bible clearly states that homosexuals, and those who say that homosexuality is not a sin, are going to hell. Read 'Romans 1' (I think thats the english name for the Bible book) and there are also a few places in the Old Testament concerning this topic, one piece in Exodus if I'm correct, but I just can't remember exactly where.
The Old Testament doesn't really count, unless they're Jewish.

Erhm... The Old Testament is still authoritative and its part of Christianity.

*agrees* but that's where the whole argument (being Gay is ok) is coming from in the Christian circles though as far as i can tell. Nowhere in the NT does Jesus say homosexuality is wrong, he says sexual immorality (since he was Jewish, meaning, everything sexually immoral in the OT) is wrong, but Never Homosexuality. The problem with dumping the Old testament because Jesus made a new one is that without the Old testament, there's no prophesies for Jesus to fulfill, and no definition of what sin IS and Isn't, since Jesus was talking to a Jewish audience that spent a good portion of their childhood learning about what the definition of Sin was. Jesus repeatedly states that he is not coming here to "abolish the old law" but to fulfill it, and CLARIFY the parts that had been confused. Paul said parts of the old law could be scrapped if they HAD to be, but he was clear that it was a concession. People were saying if you wanted to be Christian, you had to be circumsised, and it was keeping people from converting. He also said something about "if you think it's ok, it's ok, if you don't, it's not, but if you think something is ok that someone else doesn't, while you are with them, don't do it." (translation mine according to the translation I have heard Christians use) that's gotta have limits, what if I thought something like the 10 commandments was poppycock? I could just decide any of the things anyone said in the bible wasn't going to be true for me because i didn't like it. I could scrap the whole thing and still call myself "Christian" just on that one verse. It's in 1 Corinthans 10, Go read it, see if you can use it that way once it's put into context. Paul also says in Romans 7:7 "What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet."" it is made Very clear throughout the New Testament, that the Old Testament is authoritative. What was being denounced was the "oral law" the things the Pharisees were imposing on people, and the things that God had now expressly replaced, such as sacrifices, and clean and unclean animals.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:08 pm
Reformed Baptist
[.ZaKid.]
ReddNaxx
I'm sorry for you but the Bible clearly states that homosexuals, and those who say that homosexuality is not a sin, are going to hell. Read 'Romans 1' (I think thats the english name for the Bible book) and there are also a few places in the Old Testament concerning this topic, one piece in Exodus if I'm correct, but I just can't remember exactly where.

What I mean is, Old Testament law doesn't apply to us anymore, does it? Such as not eating certain foods.

Though that's a bit different than such a big thing as homosexuality.  

[.ZaKid.]

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:56 pm
well, my sunday school teacher is against them. something about something in the verses of the bible. but personally i have nothing against them. i mean they're just people and just as much right to love each other. the Lord just probably never gave a thought to them at first what with all the trouble of building the world. and populating it and all. thats what i think.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:54 am
LRD_nick
Well...
No its not fair..
Theres two types of Christians...

First we have the Fundalmentlists.
They dont believ nothing but whats in the bible...
There wrong,and how they treat people is wrong,THERE going to hell...

Than,you have christians like me..
Where I believ that,God makes everything happen for a reaon,and he wants two men to love eachother..
Than why not??

Its called questioning the Word of God..
And its wrong..

First of all, you spelt THEY'RE wrong...
second, God doesn't MAKE us sin. That come's from our own bodies. We were born sinners, and we will die sinners, but that doesn't mean that we're going to hell sinners. God gives EVERYONE a chance, even homosexuals. He doesn't want to see any of his children, (white,black, asian, islam, mexican, greek, italian, russian, gay, bi, straight, short, tall, mentally retarded, handicapped, sane or insane) to perish...

Just for the record. I don't hate homosexuals, nor do i believe they're going to hell. But i do believe that they struggle with the sin of engaging in being gay...doesn't make them horrible people what-so-ever!  

Cat_Burn

Angel_Nyx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:10 pm
LRD_nick
Well...
No its not fair..
Theres two types of Christians...

First we have the Fundalmentlists.
They dont believ nothing but whats in the bible...
There wrong,and how they treat people is wrong,THERE going to hell...

Where I believ that,God makes everything happen for a reaon,and he wants two men to love eachother..
Than why not??

Its called questioning the Word of God..
And its wrong..

Ok, so I believe in the absolute Word of God, that means I'm going to hell? I think you need a serious realitiy check on your logic.
I didn't think Christians were supposed to judge others. Who are you to say that someone is going to hell? Last time I checked, you weren't God. And the Bible states that God doesn't want two people of the same sex to love one another several times. But that doesn't mean that we have to treat them as anything less than human. In fact I go to a Christian university and I don't know anyone here who would treat a gay person cruelly.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:22 pm
[.ZaKid.]
Reformed Baptist
[.ZaKid.]
ReddNaxx

What I mean is, Old Testament law doesn't apply to us anymore, does it? Such as not eating certain foods.

Though that's a bit different than such a big thing as homosexuality.
yeah it does just that certain things dont because jesus fullfilled the law such as eating certain t6hings but homosexuality isnt a small thing now is it  

theskyiscrying

Cattrain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:38 pm
is there actuacly proof they they are born that way? oh... science.... and science is allways right isnt it? is the earth flat? ohh... dinosaurs are millions of years old... wait... it was recently proven that they wher doing the carbon dating wrong... hmmm.....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:49 am
Cometh The Inquisitor
LRD_nick

who make sweeping, blatantly offensive generalizations about other people.

**FIXED**
That's a low blow even for you, Cometh.  

The Noble Protoman.exe

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:48 pm
[.ZaKid.]
Reformed Baptist
[.ZaKid.]
ReddNaxx

As a Christian, the moral part of the Law still instructs us to live Holy in are works. Paul the Apostle made it clear that what the Law demands are fulfilled for the servants of Jesus Christ. That means, ceremonial laws (dealing with foods, uncleanness and etc.) are fulfilled and do not apply to us anymore. God will never change and His Holy Judgment on the wicked will never change.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:22 pm
rftkfan
pollyxena
i am sorry if this offends anyone. but why exactly are you all sorta against gay people or acting upon homosexual tendacies or whatever you want to call it. If god made you all that you are then how can he say that what you feel is wrong? If a man falls in love with another man then telling them that they are going to go to hell if they are togethar is like saying that they cannot be happy or they will go to hell. how is that fair? god just decides that certain people will have harder lives so he makes them gay but then says fight your desires or you are sinning? that isnt very nice. i am honestly curious to see your point of view on this and how you manage to make yourselves bleieve that it is fair.
I have said it a few hundred time. It is not my job to judge. I refuse to judge any one or offer a opionion.

Judging is stating whether or not someone is going to hell or heaven. Pointing out sin is not judging. We are called to point out sin lovingly and help each other overcome sin. Not giving an opinion, is still giving an opinion.  

jamesthelittle

Don Pepperoni

Angelic Ally

12,275 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:55 pm
god never said that homosexuals would go right to hell. but human reproduction is part of God's plan for the world.

man+man / woman+woman= it wont work  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces