Submit

LabTech Deusy

Invisible Officer

13,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:45 pm
Okay this is all going to sound a little wierd I think. I didnt know where to put it but I need like opion advice and questions answered I dont realy know who to ask or where to go. I am not into any religion so I need some help on all of this, When I was 14-16 I was into Christiananity. I am now 23 and please excuse the spelling I have a hard time with it.

Okay it all started a while ago after a freaky dream I had. I dont feal like going into all the details about it but basicaly I died went to some wierd heaven place God and J/C talked to me then a while after he pushed me off the heaven island thingy and thats when I woak up.

My friend has been buggying me for a long time to go to this chaple with him its like church only more fun and not as long he said. Any ways so I decided to go with him to his Chaple thing and they talked about the usual things I was like yeah I heard all this stuff before nothing intresting. So I went to my Car and put on my usualy yelling screaming RAWR RAWR RAWR music but I couldnt listen to it. I dont know why any ways I stoped at the music store to get some new music and I ended up picking out this Christian CD I think the guys name is West, any ways I dont like C. Music its too bleh for me but I got realy into it for some odd reason. Any ways ever since then which was 2 days ago I have been thinking about the whole God and J/C and stuff like when I was 13 and first got into the whole religion thing and they were all like oh once you get saved you going to be all right and stuff but nothing realy changed. Any ways I dont know what I want but I do need some of my Questions answered like why am I all like freaky and so unnormal like how I use to be I cant even listen to my old music any more I am only listing to this West guys music.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:36 pm
Well, first of all, I have to say that Christian music is quite good, just as good (if not better) than anything else out there. But that is simply my humble opinion xp You can find anything from coutnry to rap to pop to hard core metal and screamo. You just gotta know where to look. So I'm sure you'd be able to find something that musically interests you.

Also...in relation to the whole 'freaky' thing. Could it be that there is something in you that knows the Truth? Perhaps God is stirring something in you that not even you know about. God works in wierd ways, and He can do just about anything to get our attention. When we are filled with His spirit, even the most boring church service can become exciting. Honestly, find a good church to hook up with. Find a good young adults program that you know will help you. It's also good to find a good youth pastor. I have to say that I would not be attending the youth group I do were it not for the amazing leadership and insight of the youth pastor there and his wife. Most importantly, read your Bible and pray about it. It sounds stupid, but trust me. You'd be suprised at what God can reveal through His word. And prayers don't have to be like "Our Father..." or all holy and what not, God just wants authenticity. Sometimes I'm like "God, this sucks. I'm having a crappy day. Wanna help me out a little?" Nothing big and 'churchy'.

On a deeper level, I really believe that there is a part of us that recognizes we need God. People will try and fill this desire with other things, be it relationships, drugs, work....whatever. But those things are never really satisfying. It is only when our soul rests in Christ that we can truly be satisfied. Now, that's not to say it gets easy; Jesus said our lives would be hard, but there's just something about the fact of knowing He is always there. God is constantly searching for us; calling out to us.

In all honesty, I doubt that anyone can give you all the answers that you are looking for, simply because we are human, nor do we know you on a personal level. But God knows precisely what you need, and He will give it to you. You just have to keep your heart and mind open to it. I'm sick of people saying 'I tried church, but God didn't talk to me". No, I can guarantee He did; you just weren't listening. We're searching for the gib stuff; we want angels to come and tell us that we are to follow Christ and be good Christians. It is in this that we neglect the still, small voice that is contantly calling to us, and the gentle prodding of our spirits that takes place with everything we do.

So my advice, as stated above, would be this. Talk to Him, read His Word. Then find someone to whom you can talk; a spiritual leader. The only way God will not reveal Himself is if you stop seeking Him. And the devil will try and stop that; reading scripture will become boring, or you simply won't want to pick up a Bible. Or you'll not be able to think of the words to say when praying. Or your mind will wander, or perhaps you'll want to take it out on God and blame Him for not answering you. It sounds like I'm over spiritualising it, but I can guarantee that at least one of these things will happen, and we need to recognize them and ask God to help us through those moments.

So that's all I have to say...sorry it got lengthy...I hoped it helped at least a little...

Elenielle

Shameless Lunatic

yzz_90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:04 am
I definitely agree with Hikari here. But I also think that you need hope. Look towards the future with a positive outlook. Expect the best from God, because He is the best! Our hope is in our Lord Jesus Christ, who died and has risen from the dead! Brother, if Jesus can raise from the dead, imagine what He can do for you! Don't give up, my friend. Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding. God is big! He can handle anything! All you have to do is believe Him! Give God your nothingness, and watch Him go to work! Hope that helps!

Read these verses on your own time. Phil 1:6, 2 Tim 1:7, Eph 3:12, Romans 8  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:17 pm
well, you don't only have to listen to this west guy (Matthew West, right?), there actually are christian metal bands out there (i don't really know many names, P.O.D. is pretty good, but in other posts there are plently of christian metal bands out there), so you could listen to the best of both worlds.  

CPUGenuis

remusandsiriusrock

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:41 pm
It sounds like God is trying to talk to you. Listen to Him. He loves you and wants you to be one of His children. He will change you, but trust me; it's always for the better.

On a different note, Matthew West (if that's who you're talking about) is awesome. He is pretty good at describing who God is. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:26 am
you say when you were younger, you believed but now its like your further away from the Lord. i think thats your life getting in the way. your constantly busy. a believer always makes time for the Lord. and that doesn't nesscarily mean going to church, because you really should, but just setting time aside to pray and just talk to God. with the music change, i think it might be your in a transition of life. its weird but soon you'll find out. good luck. wink  

sunshinehearttrob

Sarcastic_Angel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:44 pm
God is apparently trying to get your attention. First the dream, then chapel, then the Christian music... try to get back into Christianity. Look around at different churches if your friends doesn't interest you. Read the bible, pray, etc.
A question, when you were 13 and accepted Christ, did you try to have a continuous relationship with him? Did you read the bible, or go church regularly and listen to the lessons, or sing Christian songs? Cause if you didn't, then that's why your interest died out when you were 16. A relationship requires 2 sides input, and God desperatly wants a relationship with you, it's just up to you to initiate it and continue it.
And just so you know, you can accept salvation, but it's also possible to walk away from it again.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:41 pm
CPUGenuis
well, you don't only have to listen to this west guy (Matthew West, right?), there actually are christian metal bands out there (i don't really know many names, P.O.D. is pretty good, but in other posts there are plently of christian metal bands out there), so you could listen to the best of both worlds.
Copeland, underOATH, Flyleaf. Rad bands with Christian lyrics, doesn't seemd like it at first, but reach into the lyrics and you'll get what they're saying.

Oh and with the whole faith thing, when you really Feel it, see it, (I know it sounds corny) and everything, it won't be faith anymore. It'll be real to you. Trust me, when I first saw a demon-possessed person......I freaked.  

Kouture

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff