Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spazzed_out_Basil

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:58 pm
Collun
Okays.
First of all marysservant, those are Old Testament verses, which, as stated in Hebrews (don't know where), was erased and the new law put in.

Yes I did make a mistake earlier. I corrected it.

The Catholic Church is nowhere near the church described in the New Testament.
It's leaders aren't married, and aren't mentioned in the Bible. They sprinkle and pour which in the New Testament, is not there. Many people "came up out of the water," impossible if your sprinkled and dunked, isn't it? I have more reasons but will hold them.

Well, Christ wasn't married because that would destroy his ability to preach all day, he was God's Son and is God and God isn't married, he couldn't have been married. Why do you do Lint? Should we all starve ourselves for 40 days?

About not having water, that's not true. They all had water, because they were alive. These places were all near rivers and streams and the ocean. And you only need about 10 gallons, if there's a line all will get baptized, because the people can share the water, you don't need to change it every time.

Very true Collun, but some of the old laws were kept, "For I didn't come to erase the old laws but to fulfill them." This meant Jesus didn't come to destroy everything in the old way but to complete it. So he didn't destroy them. This means some of the old ways have been kept.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:49 pm
yes some were kept. not all.  

Collun

marysservant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:52 pm
Collun
yes some were kept. not all.

But that is not the point, you said that baptism was only right when one was "submersed" because only that would clean, yet God doesn't seem to think so. Also, it says they were baptized in "their homes" yet many did not have a pool or bath let alone enough water.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:56 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

marysservant

marysservant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:27 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:57 am
No collun or rather jake has gone, so really we won't have many other problems with his... choas theory?  

Spazzed_out_Basil

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces