Altars!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`Germicide
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:46 pm
Ha ha! My favorite part of any guild. I absolutely LOVE looking at people's altars (Alters) I always wish I had something more beautiful and more luxuirous then what I have. but beggans Can't be choosers and I'm so proud of my little altar.

Because my pictures are big I'll only give the Url
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/kita1/z.jpg

This is my Midsummer Altar, Its my very first one. Its made out of simple things that I had accumulated over the years. Stones not only to represent elements, but to show all the elements in one place. My Cat carving I bought in Jamaca when I was in the 5th grade which works great because I choose to worship Bast. The cloth was from a fabric shop that sold Sample matirials.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/kita1/dragon6.jpg (Yule Altar, Unlighted)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/kita1/dragon5.jpg (Yule Altar, With Flash)

This is my third Altar. unfortunately I wasn't able to get my Samhain/Fall equinox altar due to school starting.

The Yule altar also has fabric from the shop. I have added a few things such as My Dragon that I bought at Midevil Knights which aids in dragon magick and a feather, shell, candle and salt to represent the elements better. I have my Ipod that has a picture of a dragon on it too to help in visual aid.

Feel free to post your altar pictures along with a small but nice description (Optional)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:00 am
Heh... wow mine is a lot different. I have photos, but none uploaded.  

Starlock

`Germicide
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:24 am
Starlock
Heh... wow mine is a lot different. I have photos, but none uploaded.

How is it different? Just wondering. If my alter is wrong, please tell me. Although I have things representing all elements and the Goddess (I don't have anything to represent the god but I'm looking)

See I'm not supposed to be in this religion. I'm supposed to be Christian but the religion doesn't fit me and trust me I've tried my hardest.

Basically everything I have had been collected like the stick from outside, my sister found it. The stones (Round ones from a mystic store in Key West, the other ones from one of those gift shops around Orlando.)

And the ipod is for visulization. Since if I was to print anything out, i'd hardly have anywhere to hide it. Anywho i'd like to see your altar sometime.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:18 pm
how do you make an alter?  

phoebe_victi25

Wiccan_Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:06 am
There is not necessarily a "right" way to set up an altar in Wicca. Ask ten Wiccans what's on their altars, you'll get thirteen different answers. If you're not following a specific tradition, you have the luxury of figuring out for yourself what works for you. There is a general structure to follow, but there is much room for creativity and individuality.

The magickal tools represent the elements. Candle and wand for Fire, incense and dagger for Air, chalice for Water, and pentacle for Earth. In addition to the tools, some like to include things from nature that represent the elements. Some possibilities are: a red stone or lava rock for Fire; a feather or flowers for Air; a seashell or bowl of water for Water; a pine cone or herbs for Earth.

The incense and dagger are placed on the east side of the altar, candle and wand on the south side, chalice on the west side, pentacle on the north side. The left side is for tools sacred to the Goddess (chalice, bell, pentacle, cauldron) and the right is for tools sacred to the God (incense, dagger, candle, wand).

The altar cloth really can be made of whatever material you like and color or pattern you like. Plain colored cloths seem to work the best for most occasions. Black is a popular choice. You could use colors that correspond to your interests or specialties in the Craft, such as a green cloth if you're interested in herbal magick, or purple for religion and spirituality. Patterned cloths are nice for Sabbats.

The altar stands in the middle of the circle, and is set to face either north for the Goddess and the Earth, or east, the place of fresh beginnings, where the Sun and Moon rise.

This isn't meant to be an all-encompassing list of altar items used to represent the elements and deities. Rather this is to give you an idea of the structure and creativeness involved, and to spark up your imagination. If some of these ideas don't appeal to you, look for items by taking a walk in a natural environment, or even your own home. Chances are you will stumble across something that speaks to you, that "tells" you it is meant to be a part of your altar.  
True Wicca

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games