Musical Accompaniment?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Green Soldier
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:52 pm
We all like immersion when we're roleplaying, but do any of you play music to set the mood?

There are a lot of bands out there that do an excellent job of capturing the spirit of Tolkien, Renaissance, or just plain fantasy. When I'm roleplaying, I like to listen to Dead Can Dance, some early Nightwish, as well as good old fashioned classical played on the dulcimer and such (the dulcimer is a kickass instrument).

Does anyone here have a CD labeled 'D&D music'?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:04 pm
Well I had a Midnight syndicate cd that I burned labled D&D music, then underneath that it said, Use to freak out PC's.
I usualy have Queen and early Black Sabbath playing to ease everyone and still set a mood.  

SAR101

Velris the Blade

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:35 am
I've played music from the Baldur's Gate series of games once or twice as an experiment, though I haven't done it since.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:56 am
Dear lord yes. I have several different sets.

For Plot things that are taking a while, for sadness, and for other such things, I have Enya. I simply turn it down to the point where the speech seems more like a musical accompaniment, or I only play the fully celtic songs.

For battle, Final Fantasy, Neverwinter Nights, Phantasy Star, and a few other game battle themes work quite well.

For general movement...the FF chocobo theme works. And can get some interesting reactions.  

DWSage007

Little Green Soldier
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:21 am
I was fond of Enya up to her second album. That's when I realized, "Wait, this is exactly the same as the first one..."

I call it Offspring syndrome. Remember how good the Offspring were? Remember the decline of the music? Yeah.

The Final Fantasy music is awesome, I import the soundtracks just to get at the different theme songs. For boss fights, like BIG, final, perhaps Epic level bosses, One Winged Angel is the standard fallback. It never fails to get the players in the mood for a good dramatic battle.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:20 pm
I tend to use random musics. A few of which are from Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, 2 songs from Bleach (Number 1 and Ditty for Daddy), a lot from the .//hack series, Bring Me to Life (evanscence *not sure of spelling xp *), Kryptonite (3 Doors Down), and In the End (Linkin Park). Those are the main ones I tend to use, switching songs according to the situation.  

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Little Green Soldier
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:30 pm
I've never been a big fan of Evanescence, they embody their name all too well.

Evanescent: adj., Fleeting, Insubstantial, as mist. Evanescence, a quickly fading flash, as caused by swamp gases. Dissipation.

That's from memory, but it's more or less what it says in Oxford.  
The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games