Submit

Do you feel safer now? After 5 YEARS!
  Yes
  No
View Results

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:50 am
Today as we know its 9/11....
A day when this nation,and nations bordering up us changed to the same langauage,Before 9/11,after 9/11......

Today we remeber the brave men and women that lost there lifes,and the ittocent people that lost them to.

God Bless.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:52 pm
9/11 is a day of rembering our coming toghter in a bad situation. We came as a nation and put away our human differences. We pull as one. It takes a tradagy to make us do that.  

rftkfan

Curium

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:50 pm
Sadly, it took a tragedy to make Americans go to their churches for a whole two weeks. It seems that we've forgotten about what it means to come to the aid of one another. It's a bigger tragedy when millions of people forget to help one another out.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:17 pm
i seriously think there is gonna be a holiday for this dayx]]  

koreanusher

Miami Dolphins Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:16 am
koreanusher
i seriously think there is gonna be a holiday for this dayx]]

why would there be a holiday to celebrate the death of countless americans? The same terriost group that caused the 9/11 boumbings is still at large and i think something like that could certinly happen again. Too many people made mistakes on 9/11 and if the terriosts take advantage of that we could have another 9/11.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:32 am
Its all well and good to remember those who died but it has been 5 years now. We don't need the elaborate speeches or anything. I mean its just digging up old grief and pain for the victims and families of victims and this year Bush used it to mention the war and to play on people's emotions to shore up the flagging support of the war. But I am not trying to be cold hearted but we seriously need to get over it. We keep dredging up these memories we are just going to be held back and allow another tragedy to happen because we are too wrapped up in one tradgedy. I'll be amused if any of you call me cruel or cold hearted or anti-american. So go ahead and call me what you wish, I just state the fact of the matter.  

Ricette

Curium

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:13 am
Ricette
Its all well and good to remember those who died but it has been 5 years now. We don't need the elaborate speeches or anything. I mean its just digging up old grief and pain for the victims and families of victims and this year Bush used it to mention the war and to play on people's emotions to shore up the flagging support of the war. But I am not trying to be cold hearted but we seriously need to get over it. We keep dredging up these memories we are just going to be held back and allow another tragedy to happen because we are too wrapped up in one tradgedy. I'll be amused if any of you call me cruel or cold hearted or anti-american. So go ahead and call me what you wish, I just state the fact of the matter.

Hello... biggrin I couldn't agree with you more. In all seriousness, I don't think 5 years after Pearl Harbor, the President was having large ceremonies and nationalized moments of silence. The country was just coming out of one war and was starting to have problems with the USSR. I really think we should be concentrating on the problems of the world instead of agonizing over the deaths of 3,000 people. Do you think the Japanese are still agonizing over hiroshima and nagasaki? ((which, by the way were way worse than 9/11)). Of course not, they got over it. We need to get over it too. Not everyone in America knew someone that was killed on 9/11, we all should not be in mourning. Other terrorist groups might see that as a weakness and take advantage of it. Something worse could happen next time. And we'll be caught off guard because we can't move on.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games