Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Am I still a christian?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:26 am
For the last few days I have began to pick up what I am really like.
I feel I am fallin away from God but I know he's with me.
I have found out things in me that I didnt know like,I am not really a christian,I can sense crap and I believe in more logic and myself and the evidence around me then anythin else.
I know I have my God and my savior and lord.
But am I fallin away from them?
Some help please!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:53 pm
We all are different and like different things. What makes a person a true Christian is one who not only believes in Jesus as YHWH's savior sent for us but whose heart is for Him. There no mount of Christian music or bibical pics that can make you a Christian. If you love the Lord YHWH, you keep His commandments the best you can.

There is nothing wrong with logic. I do a lot of stuff based on logic. It is nothing wrong as long as it is the right type of logic. After all in John 1:1 the word "word" in the greek is "logos" which translate "logic" or "word."

You can not feel saved or fell you are lossing your salvation. You either are saved or not. This is not saying you will not fall down into a rut, it is a sin to stay in it, but we will have those days that you don't feel saved.

We find things out about ourselves all the time. Just take Peter. He did not believe that he would deny Jesus at all, much less three time. Peter found out something about himself he didn't know. It did not make him is less of a person. We all have faults and have to work on them.

Now I'm just taking a shot in the dark here with out knowing the detials that is making feel they way you are. If you don't want everyone to know, but you want to talk in more detail. Feel free to PM me.

rockmanx

Pseudo-Onkelos

Adored Admirer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:02 pm
LRD_nick
I have found out things in me that I didnt know like,I am not really a christian,I can sense crap and I believe in more logic and myself and the evidence around me then anythin else.
Some help please!!!!!!!!

If you realize what you're truly like, perhaps the Holy Spirit is convicting you of sin. I have certainly had my moments of feeling as though I were not saved. I even wept over the thought, questioning myself as to whether or not I am truly a believer. I even asked God one night, and several nights after that, "Do I love You, God?" My worry was not that God loved me, but if I loved Him. Be like the psalmist, who said, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts" (Psa. 139:23). Remember God's promises, and keep in mind that if you trust in what God says, you are trusting Him. James writes, "Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up" (Jas. 4:8-10).

Now, about that logic you speak of, how about you use that logic? God blesses His children with great gifts, gifts that come from the heavenly Father who does not change like shifting shadows. If any one of you lacks wisdom, says James, he should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault and it will be given to him (1:5). Do not think of logic as something bad, but see it as good, and use it to defend what you believe in.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:27 pm
John Calvin
LRD_nick
Some help please!!!!!!!!

If you realize what you're truly like, perhaps the Holy Spirit is convicting you of sin. I have certainly had my moments of feeling as though I were not saved. I even wept over the thought, questioning myself as to whether or not I am truly a believer. I even asked God one night, and several nights after that, "Do I love You, God?" My worry was not that God loved me, but if I loved Him. Be like the psalmist, who said, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts" (Psa. 139:23). Remember God's promises, and keep in mind that if you trust in what God says, you are trusting Him. James writes, "Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up" (Jas. 4:8-10).

Now, about that logic you speak of, how about you use that logic? God blesses His children with great gifts, gifts that come from the heavenly Father who does not change like shifting shadows. If any one of you lacks wisdom, says James, he should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault and it will be given to him (1:5). Do not think of logic as something bad, but see it as good, and use it to defend what you believe in.
-nod- Sometimes its good to realize how sinful we really are. It hurts a lot (especially our pride surprised ) but it's a big reality check that can help us get back on track with God. :]  

MrJoeShoe

Azarhael Morganti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:15 pm
Once you are saved, you are saved forever. Pray to God and ask him to bring you closer to Him and ask Him to show you the error of your ways.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:47 pm
I'm Christian, but I also have a fair belief in Science. ;D It's nothing.  

Tesu-Chan

Berezi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:31 pm
Tesu-Chan
I'm Christian, but I also have a fair belief in Science. ;D It's nothing.
You make it sound like it's taboo to put the two together.

It shouldn't be. Part of loving God with all of your mind is to nourish that mind.

Anyway, doubts do not make you a non-christian. We all have doubts. When that happens, we should simply turn to the God who has already proven Himself through His redeeming work that He has already done in our hearts.

=)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:21 pm
I believe that one thing that many believers somehow miss out on is the joy of our salvation. Satan always tries his best to steal it, through many ways. Happiness is false and fleeting; joy is true and lasting. Joy is a choice. In a negative circumstance, we can choose to trust that God will somehow make light out of it. "God works all things together for those that love Him." Maybe you should pray what David prayed: "Restore to me the joy of my salvation." Hey, you're saved! You get to spend eternity with Jesus! That's awesome! Jesus promised that we can have life to the full--but He also predicted that it would not be easy to follow Him. After all, He Himself was rejected and despised by men. But once we've gone through the circumstance, we don't even remember what it was we were so worried about! Perhaps it would also help you feel better if you join a small group and help out your Christian brothers and sisters.  

yzz_90

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:58 pm
Orizion
I believe that one thing that many believers somehow miss out on is the joy of our salvation. Satan always tries his best to steal it, through many ways. Happiness is false and fleeting; joy is true and lasting. Joy is a choice. In a negative circumstance, we can choose to trust that God will somehow make light out of it. "God works all things together for those that love Him." Maybe you should pray what David prayed: "Restore to me the joy of my salvation." Hey, you're saved! You get to spend eternity with Jesus! That's awesome! Jesus promised that we can have life to the full--but He also predicted that it would not be easy to follow Him. After all, He Himself was rejected and despised by men. But once we've gone through the circumstance, we don't even remember what it was we were so worried about! Perhaps it would also help you feel better if you join a small group and help out your Christian brothers and sisters.
Help out my brothers and sisters.....
I have,and they have turned around and stabbed me

But thanks for the advice...  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas